Home

The "New" New Orleans

This is a discussion on The "New" New Orleans within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2018, 07:49 PM   #1
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

OVR: 0
The "New" New Orleans

The “New” New Orleans

Game Mode : MyLeague

Difficulty: OS Sliders

I’m not positive on how I’m going to post once the season starts. Maybe 2 post every in game month which concur on the 15th, and 30,31th. Thanks for reading and any responses/interactions are appreciated!

UPDATE: I enjoy building a franchise but still maintains a feel for the roster by playing games. I’ll most likely play 1 out of every 5 games and of course this will vary (Example: Playing good team, close playoff race, rivalry, etc.) If my math is correct that’s roughly 16 games. I’ll probably play 20. Also I will post game updates from the games I actually play and I’ll post small summaries of the games I simulate with key stats and highlights.
Scouting and “General Managing” will also be showcased throughout the series. Thanks!

2ND UPDATE: This has been a blast so far and I have so many ideas that pop into my head everyday! I’m a little slow posting bc I’m balancing 40 hours a week working and a significant other. Thanks for reading and remember questions are always welcome and if wanted for more realism they can be in the form of the Press asking!

Last edited by JWDixon120; 11-07-2018 at 11:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2018, 06:13 PM   #2
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Re: The "New" New Orleans

The Times-Picayune Press Release

Breaking News: Dell Demps has announced his resigning from current role as the New Orleans Pelicans GM due to “personal matters” leaving the job vacant and a decision to be made by the Benson’s.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:26 PM   #3
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

The Times Picayune Press Release

Breaking News:
Gayle Benson has officially named Justin Dixon as the new General Manager of the New Orleans Pelicans, effective immediately. Dixon, a native of the Mississippi Gulf Coast and graduate of The University of Tulane, will fit right in near his hometown. He will become the youngest GM in NBA history, narrowly surpassing Rob Hennigan(30), at age 29.

Hennigan’s 5 year tenure at Orlando was the worst the franchise had seen. The Pelicans organization certainly expects better results.

Dixon earned a Masters in Sports Business and a bachelors in Sports Management. He played Point Guard for the Green Wave for 2 years before being drafted by the Phoenix Suns in 2009. After his rookie year, a season in which he put up average rookie numbers, Dixon tweaked a recurring back injury in the offseason which ultimately ended his playing career. Dixon returned to school and completed his two degrees while maintaining a close relationship with former teammate Steve Nash. This relationship would propel Dixon to his first job in the front office of a NBA team, as a Statistics Analyst for the Los Angeles Lakers. Dixon since has moved up the ranks with the Lakers organization and saw himself become the Assistant GM to Rob Pelinka. Justin was a integral part of Los Angeles signing Lebron James with James citing Dixon as “My number one backer”.

Gayle Benson stated “Although Justin has never assumed a GM role before, you have to begin somewhere. He has proven himself from 2012 onward with the Lakers. His age was never a factor in our decision. He brings life and energy to a young team who is looking to improve on a great 2018 campaign.”

Only time will tell if this will become a historical signing or an infamous one.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:28 PM   #4
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Dixon Speaks To The Press
“I’m delighted at this new opportunity. It is a blessing to be able to assume this role for my favorite team growing up. The NBA have a lightning bolt ready to strike and that bolt is the New Orleans Pelicans. We have a young team and a guy who is a top 5 player in the league any given night. Get ready.. we’re on the way up."

Last edited by JWDixon120; 10-30-2018 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:34 PM   #5
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Pelicans Team Overview

In Dixon’s last media day, he discussed the roster and his plans and hopes for his players. Here’s the summary of the remarks.

Anthony Davis: Not much needed to be said. A force to be reckoned with who can drop 40 points and 20 rebounds a night. The MVP is his ceiling and All NBA 1st team is his floor. He’s the heart of this team.

Jrue Holiday: Possibly the most underrated Point Guard in the game. Also saw many minutes as a 2 guard last year which greatly improved his 3P%. A defensive mastermind who locks down the perimeter. Was the source of hundreds of memes on Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter for keeping Damian Lilliard in his pocket in the 4 game sweep of the playoffs last year. Vocal leader who improves all 4 guys on the court with him.

Nikola Mirotic: New Orleans somehow keeps the dead-eye PF era alive. After the years of Peja Stojakovic and Ryan Anderson, Nikola adds to the list. After Demarcus Cousins was sidelined for the season last year, Mirotic stepped up in a big way. His game is the pick and pop with an occasional hard drive and slam. If he can improve on his consistency, watch out for the Montenegrin.

Julius Randle: Randle will most likely be the 6th man who provides bulk minutes. After some injuries and constant change in LA, Randle looks to prove himself as a Pelican. A tad bit undersized at the 4 spot, coming in at 6'9, Randle will play with a chip on his shoulder. Mirotic will most likely get the starting spot over Randle due to the perimeter threat Nikola gives.

Elfrid Payton: This is a guy to get excited about. Payton looks to be a solid role player this year with room to improve. He’s an athletic playmaker who is pass first. The Louisiana native possesses some nice handles and hopefully he can provide a spark plug on the bench, while also being mentored by Jrue.

Jahlil Okafor: This is also a guy to root for. Young, great size, and a competitiveness to win. He’s a strong 260 pounds and looks to be a tenacious rebounder, while also providing an occasional post scoring opportunity

As a team I expect us to be a 50 game winner this season. This obviously will only happen if our role players step up like they’re capable.

Last edited by JWDixon120; 10-30-2018 at 06:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2018, 12:41 AM   #6
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

OVR: 5

Fly high, man
Old 11-03-2018, 04:21 PM   #7
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

The "New" New Orleans

New Orleans Block Party Crashed

0-0 New Orleans Pelicans - 124

0-0 Houston Rockets - 145

James Harden started the year right where he left off from last season. New Orleans held Harden to an 0-6 mark from the field in a first quarter which saw the Pelicans hold onto a 26-25 lead. From that point on, It was all Houston as they swept the next three quarters by scores of 41-31, 36-31, and 43-36. It seemed as if whenever the Pelicans found their hot hand, the Rockets found theirs 10 fold.

Key Highlights:

Both teams played peculiar defense throughout. New Orleans tallied 16 Blocks with 9 coming from AD and a suprising 4 from Payton. Elfrid used his 4 inch height advantage over CP3 to score some easy blocks. On the other hand, Houston was responsible for a whopping 24 fouls. The fouls racked up and sent the Pelicans to the line where they were lacking (27-40) to say the least.

Notable Stats:

Anthony Davis: 27 PTS, 20 REB, 4 STL, 9 BLK

Nikola Mirotic: 23 PTS, 7 REB, 4-8 3Pt

Jrue Holiday: 21 PTS, 10 AST

Elfrid Payton: 16 PTS, 8 REB, 6 AST

James Harden: 35 PTS, 6 REB, 6 AST

Chris Paul: 26 PTS, 8 AST, 6 STL

Eric Gordon: 25 PTS, 10-19 FG

Clint Capela: 17 PTS, 27 REB

Julius Randle slams one through as he finished with 9 points and 6 boards.

Elfrid Payton stretches out to record 1 of the 4 blocks he provided

Anthony Davis with the chase down block to add onto his great defensive game.

The Pelicans will continue their homestand with a remaining 4 games and will face the Kings, Clippers, Nets, and Jazz. New Orleans is looking to gain some traction heading into a 5 game roadtrip.

Last edited by JWDixon120; 11-05-2018 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:16 PM   #8
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

The Times-Picayune
The Pelicans have announced a trade only a day after the first game of the NBA season. The Pelicans agreed to send SF Wesley Johnson and a '20 2nd round pick to the Nets in exchange for SG Joe Harris and SF Theo Pinson.

General Manager Dixon spoke to reporters and had this to say:

"You know, looking at all of our options led us to believe that Elfrid should be an everyday starter and with Jrue getting so many minutes at 2 guard last year, it was an easy rotation. We wanted to go find a guy who could rotate with Jrue and get some minutes at Shooting Guard and Harris is a guy who can do just that. We expect him to also relieve Julius at small forward. Harris improves our deep range offense as well.

Dixon's first move was nothing close to ground shaking, but it does show he is willing to shake things up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »