Home

Grit and Grind - Memphis Grizzlies (NBA 2K19)

This is a discussion on Grit and Grind - Memphis Grizzlies (NBA 2K19) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2018, 11:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Grit and Grind - Memphis Grizzlies (NBA 2K19)

Game: NBA2K19
Mode: MyLeague

Not many of you will probably know me - I would be very surprised if you did. I used to be on the Football Manager forums (Sports Interactive) and did a bunch of careers there a few years ago. If you also go in the NBA2K reddit, I'll be posting there too (well I posted there first before here).

I don't play like most here I think. I do sim only. It helps me go by the seasons faster to get to my favourite part which is drafting and developing. It annoys me how little is done to the scouting part of the game, but the actual text sims are too much text for me and too buggy (looking at you, Draft Day Sports: College/Pro Basketball). I like being the GM (but I hate the MyGM mode in NBA2K) so I roll with MyLeague, although I do take over the rotations. I also don't really do game-by-game updates - it has never been my style.

I do annual updates mainly. I won't be posting updates per se (although I might do the monthly stuff - still debating on that). I do PDF presentations and will link on Google Drive (so people who lurk without an OS account can download it too). I like the PDFs mainly because I can control the graphics and layout within Word, and helps me edit easier.

If the presentation style changes between seasons, it's because I might be adding stuff or changing things. I like switching styles every now and then.

Hope you guys enjoy it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2018, 11:54 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Grit and Grind - Memphis Grizzlies (NBA 2K19)

2018-19 Season

With the aging core of Conley and Gasol, can I take the Grizzlies to a playoff spot? Or can I at least give fans hope for the future with a high draft?

The first season of my PDF presentation can be accessed below:

The 2018-19 Season: Molding My Team
Old 11-09-2018, 12:01 AM   #3
Rookie

2019-20 Season

With the disappointment of the previous season behind us, can I help the Grizzlies and their fans have optimism for the future?

Some may say I made some questionable decisions, but I think it's the best path to go from give what happened in the season. I'm gonna ride this core out.

For this season, I made two different versions, a "long" version (45 pages), and a "short" version (29 pages). Not sure if I will keep doing this, moving forward.

The short version has updates cut into two halves, while the long version has monthly reports. If you're wondering why it's so long, it's mostly graphics from Photoshop. It's better than words.

I'm also not sure how I'm gonna track the new draftees as the dynasty moves into the future and replace the real players. I'm a terrible storyteller which is why I'm not going that route, but I'll think of something...

The 2019-20 Season: The Surprise Run (Short)

The 2019-20 Season: The Surprise Run (Long)

Last edited by rancer890; 11-09-2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:18 PM   #4
Rookie

If you're interested in how my 2K world has manifested till now, there's a "Big Four" in the league: Houston, Phoenix, the LA Lakers, and Golden State.

The rosters for those teams are below:

Old 11-13-2018, 08:59 PM   #5
Rookie

2020-21 Season

I adjusted everything to make all the important information (in my opinion anyway) into one document. If you want a comparison of our season, it's like getting a $1000 used car. It was great for a month, then the wheels slowly fell off. Then you're trying to get back like 60% of the cost to another unknowing buyer.

The notables this season was the abolishing of the salary cap, because every AI team was going into luxury tax territory.

I think, we did come out the other side a lot stronger though. I'm very optimistic about the 2021-22 season because of the struggles in this season.

The 2020-21 Season: Regression
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2018, 09:51 PM   #6
Rookie

2021-22 Opening Night Salaries by Division

Western Conference

Northwest
Denver - $158.09 M
Minnesota - $154.49 M
Oklahoma City - $147.49 M
Portland - $146.07 M
Utah - $144.18 M

Southwest
Dallas - $164.65 M
Houston - $157.44 M
Memphis - $133.14 M
New Orleans - $152.79 M
San Antonio - $141.6 M

Pacific
Golden State - $170.48 M
LA Clippers - $158.44 M
LA Lakers - $192.4 M
Phoenix - $165.46 M
Sacramento - $143.26 M

Eastern Conference

Atlantic
Boston - $205.96 M
Brooklyn - $156.9 M
New York - $139.53 M
Philadelphia - $173.27 M
Toronto - $149.1 M

Central
Chicago - $140.02 M
Cleveland - $156.53 M
Detroit - $144.33 M
Indiana - $168.83 M
Milwaukee - $132.2 M

Southeast
Atlanta - $133.07 M
Charlotte - $128.02 M
Miami - $152.16 M
Orlando - $155.46 M
Washington - $168.78 M

Average Team Salary: $154.47 M

You can imagine why the salary cap was abolished...
Old 11-13-2018, 11:28 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

I do remember you from FM. I posted a couple years back about my trials of getting San Marino to the top (and also winning the world Cup with them in like 2032 or 2036).

Good Luck.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:30 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy14fan
I do remember you from FM. I posted a couple years back about my trials of getting San Marino to the top (and also winning the world Cup with them in like 2032 or 2036).

Good Luck.
My last FM was back in 2015, so I have no idea if the same guys are still there or not. I was mainly in the CSE or FMCU areas. I think my last thread there was a career save where I ended up at Galatasaray or maybe my old Asian challenge.

FM just got boring and stale - not much innovation. I would love if 2K would overhaul development and scouting (I would have written something up with mocks if I was bothered) but MyLeague doesn't make them money - MyCareer with VC and MyTeam do.

I wish I remember your username, but I don't lol. I remember Jimbakov (sp?) doing some kind of San Marino save way back when. I would reckon a lot of the community aren't part of it when I was active. Heck, I was active when Nep was still in FM and not FIFA and YouTube like now.

The only American I know is JasonTheYank lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »