Home

The Fall and Rise of Ohio State Basketball

This is a discussion on The Fall and Rise of Ohio State Basketball within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
College Football Mod 19 for Madden NFL 19 PC Interview
What Trends Will Dominate Sports Games in 2019?
Voting Now Open for the 2018 Sports Game of the Year Awards!

Old 01-09-2019, 01:04 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Fall and Rise of Ohio State Basketball

Sean Frye Declares For Draft, Buckeyes Wrap Up Recruiting

June 18

The off season is coming close to a close for Ohio State, and they received some bittersweet news earlier today. Star junior power forward for the Buckeyes last year Sean Frye notified new head coach Jeff Anderson and Athletic Director Gene Smith that he would declare for the upcoming NBA Draft. He is projected to go twelfth to the Memphis Grizzlies. We wish the best to him.

As for the new Buckeye faces, we will see what happens. You can find out more about them on our third post, just open the spoiler. The new Buckeyes are power forward Ty Meeks (78 Overall), point guard Voshon Slater (76 Overall), small forward Andy Hamilton (75 Overall), point guard Eric Blake (73 Overall), center Andy Movalson (73 Overall), and point guard Voshon Slater (69 Overall). Coach Anderson talked about both his recruits and Mattaís recruits: ďAll of these guys are great ball players and all will get a chance to prove themselves. I donít care if I brought them here or Mickey Mouse, everyone gets the chance to earn what they deserve.Ē

Coach Anderson is not shy about speaking his mind, as he also said about the returning Buckeyesí: ďThey are soft. I donít know what went on here before but it seems like defense wasnít a pressed issue. Thatíll change during training camp...these kids will see what earning everything feels like.Ē

Coach Anderson seems to be the rough and tough leader this team needs. The new leader on the court, senior point guard Marcus Dumas spoke about his new coach and new teammates, ďCoach is great. He brings something to this team that you canít put a price on: motivation and pushing us to our edge. He makes sure we get every last bit of amazingness out of ourselves before practice is over. I love it, and so does everyone else.Ē ďNo, the new guys havenít started [practicing] yet. In a month or two...The tape looks good for these kids, but they canít expect a spot handed to them. They gotta work for it like we have been recently...Itís gonna be a fun year.Ē

Well said by our new leaders.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:38 PM   #18
Pro

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

Canít wait! Love the idea

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-09-2019, 02:42 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonlyjmo7
Canít wait! Love the idea

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Yep. One more year of simming and then the team is all mine!
Old 01-10-2019, 01:22 AM   #20
Rookie

Catching Up With Coach Anderson

November 12

We caught up with Coach Jeff Anderson on the eve of the Buckeyes opener for the year. Hereís what the interview:

Interviewer: Hey coach great to see you!
Coach Jeff Anderson: Yeah, thank you for having me.
I: So, what do you feel about this team for this year? Is it looking like it will be a good first year?
JA: Well, you always tell your team, ĎWe are destined for a great season, we are gonna beat our rivals, yada yada yada. But I really feel it this year. The seniors have mentored the underclassmen perfectly, and the freshman have come in ready to compete. Was training camp brutal, yes, did they hate it, yes, but are they better now and are they happy I made them go through it, absolutely. These kids understand the grind, and they will make some teams know they arenít about that grind.
I: Awesome. Who seems to be a surprise out of camp, and who is becoming the leader of the team?
JA: I would say our leaders are Bobby [Hardy] and Marcus [Dumas]. They have brought their senior presence into the locker room and also on the court. They are willing to do whatever it takes to make this team better. You know, it really isnít fair for them to lose out on two tournament runs in their last two years as college players, but they arenít whining and complaining about it. Instead, they making the most of it and setting other small goals for the team as a whole. They implemented a turnover differential game, where whichever player by the end of the year has the worst turnover differential has to buy everyone pizza. Itís small things like that which is making the team come together and become more of a family. As for the biggest surprise, it would have to be Ty [Meeks]. He has earned the role of sixth man. We expect him to come off the bench and produce as a freshman, which is tough for someone that young to do, yet he is okay with it and Iím sure he will excel at it.
I: One last question, your contract is only for two years. Do u want to go longer with this team or are you only here for two years.
JA: Iím here until we get a championship. Thatís at least three more years, so does that answer your question?
I: It sure does coach! Thank you very much and good luck to your team this year!
JA: Thank you.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:27 AM   #21
Rookie

Buckeyes End Out Of Conference 13-0, Canít Get Recruits

December 18

OSU is finally done with out of conference play. They found themselves in some very close games, but the senior leadership from Bobby Hardy and Marcus Dumas, along with the freshman presence from Ty Meeks, had the Buckeyes winning all thirteen. We asked Coach Jeff Anderson what he thought of how his team has played of late.

ďThis team is playing with a passion. They accomplished one of their first goals of the year, which was go undefeated in out of conference play. That wasnít an easy accomplishment, as we played the likes of Maryland, Stanford, Miami, Georgia, Uconn, and more. What can you say, this team has played great. Marcus [Dumas] doesnít care who scores out their, just as long he gets to win. Ty [Meeks] has been playing with the experience that the older guys bring. Itís incredible what he has brought to this team on and off the court is absolutely elevating the team. This team is incredible.

Despite the play on the court here at Ohio State, no high school seniors want to become new Buckeyes. This is mainly due to the ban on tournaments, most importantly not being allowed to go to March Madness. A lot of the better players arenít even allowed to attend Ohio State either, which hurts the talent Coach Anderson can bring in. The Buckeyes have given out two of the three scholarships this year. They are to four star small forward Boniface Alston and four star shooting guard Cameron Lewis. Hopefully Coach Anderson can focus on getting this last recruit over the upcoming two and a half week break.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #22
Rookie

Buckeyes Halfway Through Conference Play

January 26

Ohio State just played its eighth of sixteen conference games. They beat Illinois on the road 78-69 to get to 18-3, 5-3 in conference. The Bucks have lost to Michigan and Indiana on the road, and lost to Purdue in a one point loss at home. Ohio State is looking forward, though, trying to forget about their losses.

ďDid those losses mess up our perfect season? Yes, but, we feel that winning out would be a great end to the season. We have work to be done, and it will only get tougher from here. We have three more games against ranked opponents. The other five games are against BIG TEN teams, which means they are good as well. All eight games are gonna be tough, so we have to execute. Plain and simple.Ē - Coach Jeff Anderson

Those three games against ranked opponents are both home and away against Minnesota (Feb 10, 22), and away against Michigan State (Feb 16). All of their games are, in fact, against BIG TEN teams, meaning they are all good schools, as stated by Coach Anderson. It will be interesting to see how Marcus Dumas, Bobby Hardy, and Grant Lockhart end their Buckeye careers.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:19 PM   #23
Rookie

Buckeyes End Year, Questions Loom For Next Year

February 27

Ohio State is finally done with their season, but the last scholarship seems to be cursed. No recruits left have shown more than minimal interest in taking it. Coach Anderson knows one lucky young man will take it, and he doesnít care who it is as long as they bring energy and effort.

ďNobody is going to get that last scholarship if they donít deserve it or want to do something with it. Iím not going to give someone a chance if they donít deserve it. Iím also not going to give someone a chance if they arenít 100% on board with what weíre doing here. I know there are plenty of young men out there dying for this opportunity, so they will be the ones to get it.Ē - Coach Anderson

That last spot may not be needed to be taken by a star player, but someone who can appreciate the opportunity that is given and mesh with this team. As for the oncourt Buckeyes, they didnít end their last eight games undefeated, but they did look quite good. They improved from the first half of conference play, this time only losing two of the eight, being to Minnesota at home and Wisconsin on our senior night. They ended with a record of 24-5 (11-5 BIG TEN).

Marcus Dumas spoke about playing for the Buckeyes: ďIt was a family. Especially this last year with Coach [Anderson]. Everyday was something different to make me enjoy myself. Iíll never forget this team, program, or school. I canít wait to watch these guys next year grow and become better. I canít believe Iím saying this, but Iím no longer a current Buckeye.Ē - Dumas.

Bobby Hardy gave us a brief sentence on what this school has meant to him: ďHope.Ē - Hardy. He sure isnít wrong. Hardy signed a contract with a Turkish League team, while Dumas signed for an Italian League team. Good luck to both of them.

April 10 Edit

Georgetown ended up beating Kansas to win the National Championship. It wasnít even a close game, the final being 74-60 Hoyas. The Final Four MVP was Bob Dennison, averaging 22 PPG and 14 RPG.

The Buckeyes have some award winners and runner ups. Bobby Hardy was named BIG TEN player of the year! He finished the season with 15 PPG, 9.3 RPG, and 2.7 BPG. Marcus Dumas finished ninth in the same category. Coach Jeff Anderson won BIG TEN Coach of the Year. Ty Meeks also ended fourth in BIG TEN freshman of the year voting. Marcus Dumas made the All-American 2nd Team for the NCAA! He was also first team for BIG TEN. Andy Hamilton got All-Freshman BIG TEN honors, while Voshon Slater got second team honors.

The Buckeyes are still looking for one final recruit. They have a few weeks left to find their last guy.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:16 AM   #24
Rookie

The Fall and Rise of Ohio State Basketball

Buckeyes Ready To Start Season Fresh

November 9

Coach Jeff Anderson has his guys ready for this year. We asked him what the preparations were for this year. ďMy main focus was getting this team ready to run. I want the tempo to be amped up even more this year. I want to constantly push the ball down the other teamís throat. We have the talent off the bench to backup the starters. I wouldnít be surprised if I got everyone in dozens of games this year. I trust everyone, so I want them to give me that 110% and play until they canít walk, because I trust everyone off the bench.Ē - Coach Anderson

Theyíre going to need it, as they lost three starting seniors. Voshon Slater also left, deciding to transfer. He did not choose to make a public statement about it.

The Buckeyes starting five will be Eric Blake, Ray Jarrett, Akrong Mackey, Ty Meeks, and Devon Terry. Coach Anderson made the decision to put sophomore Ty Meeks in the starting five over senior Bob Pope. Hereís what he had to say: ďTy stepped up last year. He provided for this team and he looked even better during training camp. Bob [Pope] understands his role and what he brings to the team. Ty is just a generational player who I want to see start now, so he can become a leader next year and the following year.Ē - Coach Anderson

The Buckeyes tip off their season tomorrow away against Monmouth (7:00 EST, BIG TEN Network)

Matchup Preview at Monmouth (0-0, 0-0)

Starting Lineups:

PG - Eric Blake (74) < Devon Terry (75)

SG - Ray Jarrett (80) < Jason Vasher (81)

SF - Akrong Mackey (84) > Ray Franklin (83)

PF - Ty Meeks (81) > Ty Glaskins (70)

C - Devon Terry (78) > Tobias Garcia (70)

Overall - Ohio State > Monmouth

Bench:

Bob Pope (83) > Gary Braxton (70)

Cameron Lewis (79) > Tim York (70)

Boniface Alston (78) > Ben Henderson (67)

Andy Hamilton (76) > Levar Hughes (66)

Andy Movalson (74) > Garrick Austin (63)

Overall - Ohio State > Monmouth

Notes: This should be an easy first game for the Buckeyes. As long as the Bucks get off to an early, fast start and keep the crowd out of it, then it should be a blowout. Only three players for the Bobcats would be even close to earning minutes with the Buckeyes. As long as those three are held in check, the Buckeyes will have an easy game.

Last edited by IBMA; 01-18-2019 at 11:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »