Home

The Fall and Rise of Ohio State Basketball

This is a discussion on The Fall and Rise of Ohio State Basketball within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murray’s Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20

Old 11-29-2018, 08:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Fall and Rise of Ohio State Basketball

Background - I am a HUGE Ohio State fan for all sports. I’ve been wanting to use them for an NCAA Basketball 10 dynasty here on OS, but they won’t have that challenge and fun aspect of building a program up from the ground. So, before I start playing with the Buckeyes, I am going to sim the first two seasons and add some storylines to make the OSU program...worse. I will recruit to at least make it a bit realistic. I don’t want to give away too much right now, but it will be a fun series, I promise. So, with that being said, go Bucks!

Settings:
Rules:
14 minute halves
All fouls on

Gameplay Settings:
All-Conference difficulty

User Settings:
Steal Ability-30
Interception Ability-50
Shot Block Ability-30
Dunk/Layup Block Ability-30
Offensive Rebounding-40
Defensive Rebounding-40
Fakeout Discipline-40
Short Range Shooting-40
Medium Range Shooting-40
Long Range Shooting-40
Dunk Percentage-40
Layup Percentage-50
Drop Step Effectiveness-40
Sink or Swim Effectiveness-40
Defensive Post Strength-40
Shot Alter Ability-40
Fight Through Screen Ability-40
Hands in Post-40
Hands on Perimeter-40

CPU Settings:
Steal Ability-50
Interception Ability-75
Shot Block Ability-60
Dunk/Layup Block Ability-60
Offensive Rebounding-25
Defensive Rebounding-60
Fakeout Discipline-60
Short Range Shooting-60
Medium Range Shooting-60
Long Range Shooting-60
Dunk Percentage-60
Layup Percentage-60
Drop Step Effectiveness-70
Sink or Swim Effectiveness-60
Defensive Post Strength-60
Shot Alter Ability-60
Fight Through Screen Ability-60
Hands in Post-60
Hands on Perimeter-60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2018, 09:00 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: The Fall and Rise of Ohio State Basketball

Preseason Outlook

2009-2010 Season (Simmed)

Spoiler

2010-2011 Season (Simmed)

Spoiler

2011-2012 Season (Played, Current Season)

Spoiler

Last edited by IBMA; 03-23-2019 at 01:16 AM.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:04 PM   #3
Rookie

Season Report/Results

2009-2010 Results (Simmed)

Spoiler

Spoiler

2011-2012 Season (Played)
Spoiler

Last edited by IBMA; 01-20-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:23 PM   #4
Rookie

Ohio State Award Winners

2009-2010 Season (Simmed)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Last edited by IBMA; 01-12-2019 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Thad Matta Excited About Potential
November 5, 2018
Columbus,OH -- The 2009 Buckeyes look as good as ever. The depth to this team is extraordinary, and the starters aren’t something to slouch about either. Led by four juniors, the starting five is looking towards preseason All-Conference power forward Sean Frye (88 OVR) to be their leader. Frye is coming off a year where he averaged 16 points per game as a second option to graduating senior Howard Marks. Sean also averaged 10 rebounds per game and two blocks per game.
The Buckeyes will also be led by their starting point guard, Marcus Dumas (81 OVR), and center, Bobby Hardy (81 OVR). Both of these young men are juniors, same as Frye. Dumas excels at both shooting and driving to the hoop. Hardy is a monster in the paint, both offensively and defensively. These two will be good second options to pair with Frye, as well as the rest of the team. Head coach Thad Matta feels anybody on this team could step up to be the number one guy.
“On paper our man looks like it’s Sean [Frye] with the accolades and the production from last year. But in my eyes any single person on this team could show up and be our man on any given night. Matchups will play a key role in this. You never know when Bobby [Hardy] or Will [Burnsides] can step up. I could’ve really said any name on this team. The minutes are still being fought for right now and we are almost a week in November. That’s how good I feel we are.” - Matta
The Buckeyes are ranked number sixteen despite this confidence coach Matta has in his group. Ohio State starts their journey to the top of the college basketball world with a home game against St. John’s on Tuesday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2018, 10:56 PM   #6
Rookie

Thad Matta Has Big Plans For Recruiting
November 8, 2009
Columbus,OH -- We caught up with Thad Matta tonight on the eve of Ohio State’s first game of the 2009 season. We mainly asked about recruiting, and what his approach was.
“Well, first and foremost, we can never bring in enough talent. As I have said before this team is filled with top of the line talent that any team would want. And as a coach I have to understand that I can’t let up at doing half of my job which is bringing in more guys of the same nature. I am going hard in recruiting to make this team even better than where it is at this point. We are looking at the top high school talent in the country, and my scouts assistant coaches, and I have come up with a plan to get these top players to attend Ohio State in the coming fall.” - Matta
Some of these ‘top high school talent[s] in the country’ include Amory Soto, the number one recruit in the nation out of Prairie View, Texas. It has been rumored that OSU is a school Amory is considering. The senior shooting guard averaged 26.2 PPG last season, along with 4.6 APG and 3.8 RPG as a junior in high school.
Another recruit being looked at is Eric Blake, point guard from Brandon, South Dakota, who is ranked number 23 according to the ESPNU 100 rankings. Also, Andy Hamilton, power forward from Mercer Island, Washington is amongst the players being looked at by Ohio State. Hamilton actually was interviewed on his local TV network about the recruiting process that he goes through.
“I mean, it really is hard for me. These men are asking you to be the face of their team, but you can only choose one. It’s not like I can just play for seven different programs. I will say one school has caught my eye so far and I would not be surprised if I were an early commit because of this school.” - Hamilton
Could this mystery school be none other than Thad Matta’s Ohio State Buckeyes? If so, Ohio State would be picking up a solid player who could be fighting for minutes with current Sophomore Bob Pope. Matta seems to be going all out in recruiting, doing whatever it takes to build a dynasty.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:29 PM   #7
Rookie

Buckeyes Win Maui, SIgn Three Recruits Including #1
November 26
Thad Matta is making a statement in the NCAA. Not only is his team dominating the world of college basketball on the court by beating UNC last week and winning the Maui tournament this week, but he also has signed three recruits today, including number one recruit Amory Soto. The other two were Eric Blake, point guard from Brandon South Dakota, and Andy Hamilton, power forward from Mercer Island Washington. We were told at the time of our last post that these were the three OSU was looking at most closely. Well, it looks like the pitch worked on all three.
It is especially surprising that the Buckeyes signed Soto this early, as he had said earlier in the week that he wanted to stay close to home, and he was even having serious talks with Oklahoma.
He said in a statement earlier in the week, “I get home sick very easily, and I’m very close to my family. They are my everything, and I make every decision based off of their needs and wants. Obviously at the end of the day it’s my decision, but they make a good case for Oklahoma. Close to home, great coaching, and amazing school history. This doesn’t mean I’m only considering OU, but OU is looking mighty fine right now!” - Soto
This was Tuesday, hours before Ohio State’s route of number 22 Dayton 77-39. They then went into the next game and annihilated number 14 Tennessee 89-61. Finally, the championship game made Washington a pure laughing stock, the final being 85-61.
We will see how these recruits do in the coming years, but as for now, this team looks destined for greatness.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:14 PM   #8
Rookie

Ohio State Becomes Number One
November 29
After wins against Dayton, Tennessee, Washington, and Auburn, two of which are ranked, and winning the Maui Invitational in the last week, the Buckeyes have finally burst into the number one spot of the AP poll for the first time this year. Thad Matta says he is happy at what these kids have done, but there is still work left on the table.
“We are in no shape done yet. We still have many more out of conference games left before we get to in conference games. It’s no time to slouch around and be happy that we are in this situation. It’s time to work harder and get to where we envisioned ourselves at the start of the season: hoisting the championship trophy up.” - Matta
This Buckeyes team has been led by none other than star junior Sean Frye, who is averaging 17.9 points per game to go along with eight and a half rebounds and about three blocks per game. Junior center Bobby Hardy has also shined in his role, as he is nearly averaging a double double (16.5 PPG, 9.8 RPG).
Ohio State will look to stay undefeated this week with games against Oregon, Washington, and Clemson.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »