Home

Road to Glory: Colorado Basketball

This is a discussion on Road to Glory: Colorado Basketball within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murray’s Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20

Old 04-22-2019, 12:41 PM   #25
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Road to Glory: Colorado Basketball

Seems like a perfect recruiting class to bring in to Colorado. You have your program-changers at PG and SF and then two big men that are willing to do all the dirty work. With Camper's size, if he's got great timing he could have the potential to be a legit shot blocker for you guys over the next four seasons. Always helps to have someone clean up the mess in the paint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2019, 12:42 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 2

KANSAS LANDS #1 CLASS

No strangers to this spot the Kansas Jayhawks put together this year's #1 class. They signed 5 players 2 of them named Mr. Basketball of their respective states and All-Americans.

5* 6'3 SG N. Stiggers (#15 Overall/#5 SG, AA Mr BB WI)
5* 6'0 PG I. Bruce (#21 Overall/#11 PG, AA Mr BB NE)
4* 6'6 PF M. Sutton (#46 Overall/#2 PF)

Wisconsin was able to grab the #2 class this year. The Badgers signed 4 players with 2 of them being named Mr. Basketball of their respective states and All-Americans.

5* 6'1 PG C. Vargas (#3 Overall/#2 PG, AA Mr BB MD)
5* 5'11 PG D. Atako (#23 Overall/#13 PG, AA Mr BB MN)

Rounding out the rest of the Top 10 recruiting class is....

#3 Pittsburgh, #4 Duke, #5 Marquette, #6 Maryland, #7 Colorado, #8 Georgetown, #9 North Carolina and #10 Florida.

Here is a breakdown of the Big 12 conference not including Kansas who has the #1 class and Colorado who has the #7 class.

Oklahoma ranked #34

3* 6'2 SG R. Christy (#123 Overall/#27 SG)
3* 6'7 SF T. Berry (#230 Overall/#45 SF)
3* 6'5 SF E. Deren (JUCO Freshman)

Texas A&M ranked #37

5* 6'5 SF C. Latovic (#6 Overall/#1 SF, AA)
4* 6'10 C M. Singleton (#70 Overall/#7 C, Mr BB TX)

Texas Tech ranked #48

4* 6'1 PG G. Prillman (#91 Overall/#38 PG)
3* 5'11 PG D. Edwin (#170 Overall/#63 PG)

Baylor ranked #55

3* 6'3 SG K. Boyd (#246 Overall/#52 PG)
3* 5'10 PG O.J. Grizzard (#270 Overall/#93 PG)

Oklahoma State ranked #89

4* 6'11 C C. Sherman (#90 Overall/#8 C)
3* 6'2 PG C. Shimokawa (#193 Overall/#68 PG)

Missouri ranked #114

3* 6'8 SF C. Brown (#206 Overall/#38 SF)
3* 6'7 SF H. McNurlin (#269 Overall/#55 SF)

Iowa State ranked #123

4* 6'3 SG B. Drake (#85 Overall/#16 PG)
3* 6'3 SG B. Donovan (#137 Overall/#29 SG)
3* 6'6 SF S. Bradley (#213 Overall/#44 SF, Mr BB IA)

Kansas State ranked #181

4* 5'9 PG E. Dunleavy (#76 Overall/#32 PG)

Nebraska and Texas is ranked under 200 only signing 1 recruit each
Old 04-22-2019, 12:47 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
Seems like a perfect recruiting class to bring in to Colorado. You have your program-changers at PG and SF and then two big men that are willing to do all the dirty work. With Camper's size, if he's got great timing he could have the potential to be a legit shot blocker for you guys over the next four seasons. Always helps to have someone clean up the mess in the paint.
Yeah I l'm happy with the class I got. There was a center I was trying to get as well that was like the 5th best center but he didn't commit making me use only 4 out of 5 scholarships. However like I said this class is really a huge pickup because soon I found out that the recruits are all really good...and I mean really good.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2019, 01:22 PM   #28
Pro

Sorry I been away for so long I deal with competitions and things got out of hand but I got myself situated and I'll be posting heavily to make up the time I lost.

Old 05-16-2019, 02:54 PM   #29
Pro

August 18th, 2008
University of Colorado Athletic Facility

Just finishing up today's practice head coach Kody Smith called 6'1 freshman Elijah Wilkins over so he can talk to him one on one. Elijah has not only been an interesting player but also an interesting student as well.

"Hey, coach, you wanted to talk?" Elijah questions as he breathes heavily after taking part in such an intense practice.

Coach Smith responds, "I know school has just started. I just want to tell you that you are doing a great job with schooling and I'm proud of you. Majoring in engineering and heavily working on your game is not easy."

"Oh yeah. Thanks, coach. I'm doing my best and I'm staying focused that's all."

"Well that's all I ask of you as a student. As an athlete however I wanted to say something to you about how you're doing as a member of this team."

"I'm not playing poorly am I? I know I screwed up on a couple of plays last month but I'm doing better now I fixed my faults.."

"Slow down there, Elijah. You are doing a fantastic job as a point guard on this team. You actually have been improving so fast and playing even better then you did in high school."

"Really?"

"Yes, sir. Elijah as of right now I'm awarding you the starting point guard spot on this team."

Elijah's eyes widened as he was in disbelief.

Coach Smith continues, "I also talked to Xavier a couple weeks ago and he's all for it so also you are sharing leadership as co-captain on this team."

Elijah taken back a bit responds to this exciting news, "Wow! Seriously, coach? I'm just a freshman."

Coach Smith responds, "You definitely deserve this, Elijah. You showed why you earned this title. The team follows you, respects you, and listens to you, and as the starting point guard now you'll be able to help lead this team no matter who's on it to an even better season then last year's."

"Thank you, coach. You won't regret this. Not one bit."

"Alright, hit the showers we'll announce your placement on the team at tomorrow's practice."

Elijah nods and heads to the locker rooms. As Elijah exits out of view, Athletic Director Mike Bohn made his self known to the head coach of Colorado's basketball program. Bohn walks up to Smith and takes a moment to talk to him.

"Hello, Mike," coach Smith acknowledges.

"Kody, how are you and the team?" questions the AD.

"I'm great and the team is excellent. This year's team is very talented and I am very confident in them. I think we have a chance to really compete in the Big 12 and make a bid for the tournament."

"Well that's great news because I actually was coming to tell you that the fans, the alumni, the board, and myself included have full confidence in your abilities as a coach. The board and myself have decided that you will be recieving a nice bonus if you can win a conference championship and/or make a bid in the NCAA Tournament. Also accomplishing these will make a big impression when contract talks come into play."

"Wow, thank you for letting me know this. This is definitely more of a motivation to have a successful season. This team is young but they work hard so we'll see how things go this season. Thank you again, Mike."

Bohn and Smith shakes hands before Bohn takes his leave out of the practice gym.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:09 PM   #30
Pro

Buffaloes Heavily Confident for 2008-09 Season

October 21, 2008

Boulder, CO -- During training camp for the upcoming season 2nd year coach Kody Smith was coming into this with a more open mind as he looks to change things up this year if he wanted to do better this season. Still using the 10 man rotation the freshmen knew even though they had impressive seasons in high school they'll be starting at the bottom and could potentially be sitting the season out. With the loss of 3 starters including last year's leading scorer all players strived to earn one of those coveted starting spots especially two freshmen; 6'1 FR PG Elijah Wilkins (82 Overall) and 6'6 FR SF Jaaron Duffy (80 Overall). These freshmen were on a mission and both were named starters for the upcoming season. Wilkins not only proved that he more than earned a starting spot, he also proved that he is the best player on this team gaining more minutes than both 6'5 JR SG Xavier Silas (78 Overall) and 6'6 SO SG Cory Higgins (75 Overall), the second and third leading scorers a season ago. With the rise of the freshmen Higgins would return to his duties as the first man off the bench.
Quote:
"Elijah [Wilkins] and Jaaron [Duffy] came here and showed out. Last year it felt good to be a starter but I am a team player and those two freshmen, and I repeat freshmen, deserve to be starters their first year. I have no problem playing behind them and be the first man off the bench. Those two are the real deal and I'm glad they're on my team." - Cory Higgins
6'11 FR C Arden Camper (66 Overall) showed that his skills are up to par impressing Smith enough to play considerable minutes this season out dueling 6'11 SO C Caleb Patterson. This season's starting lineup will have Wilkins and Silas manning the backcourt while Duffy joins 6'7 JR SF Jeremy Williams (70 Overall), who regains his starting spot, at the forward positions. This season it will be 6'8 SR PF Jermyl Jackson-Wilson (71 Overall) holding down the center spot. Higgins, 6'4 JR PG Dwight Thorne II, 6'5 SO SG Levi Knutson, and the other surprise of the season 6'4 Walk-on JR SF Ike Sayman (67 Overall) close out the rest of the rotation. 6'10 RS SO PF Casey Crawford and Patterson are out of the 10 man rotation but they will fill in incase of injuries while 6'9 FR PF Russ Leach (65 Overall) will miss out this season as he is the lone man redshirted.
Quote:
"Honestly, I knew these freshmen were special but I'd be lying if I told you they would come in and 'show off' during training camp. Elijah [Wilkins] is a small guy but he can do anything I ask of him. He can handle the rock, facilitate, rebound, defend both guard positions, and score from nearly anywhere on the court. His three is deadly don't let him get that shot off. Jaaron [Duffy] did very well as well, coming in being that tough player who can contribute even without scoring the basket...Arden [Camper] surprised us I didn’t expect him to battle as hard as he did. He proved to be a great asset to the team...This team is young however but I expect our co-captains Elijah [Wilkins] and Xavier [Silas] to whip this team together.” - Kody Smith
The Buffaloes are unranked in the Preseason Polls after a solid 2007-08 season finishing 18-14, but this is a new year and a new team led by coach Kody Smith in his second season. They will have a chance to do even better as their 2008-09 season begins with a home game against Eastern Washington on Friday, November 7th.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:21 PM   #31
Pro

2008-09 PRESEASON AP TOP-25 MEDIA POLL

#1 Kansas
#2 Memphis
#3 Connecticut
#4 Marquette
#5 Syracuse
#6 North Carolina
#7 Duke
#8 Michigan State
#9 UCLA
#10 Pittsburgh
#11 Louisville
#12 West Virginia
#13 Georgetown
#14 Alabama
#15 UAB
#16 Texas A&M
#17 Notre Dame
#18 Providence
#19 Wisconsin
#20 Miami (FL)
#21 Florida
#22 Texas
#23 Stanford
#24 Washington
#25 Gonzaga

Preseason All-American 1st Team
PG
Mario Chalmers SR Kansas
SG Stephen Curry JR Davidson
SF Brandon Rush SR Kansas
PF Darrell Arthur JR Kansas
C DeAndre Jordan SO Texas A&M

Preseason All-American 2nd Team
PG
AJ Price SR Connecticut
SG OJ Mayo SO USC
SF Chris Douglas-Roberts SR Memphis
PF Blake Griffin SO Oklahoma
C Marreese Speights JR Florida
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2019, 11:21 PM   #32
Pro

Buffaloes Garners Attention after 1st Month

December 1st, 2008

Boulder, CO -- Colorado basketball has been making a lot of noise during the first month of the 2008-09 season. Making so much noise that the Buffaloes were ranked as high as #19 in the AP Top 25 Media polls but immediately fell out of the rankings after suffering their first and only loss of the season so far. This is a very talented team and they were on full display. Defeating Eastern Washington (3-3) 87-70 at home to start the season the Buffaloes took part in the Old Spice Deodorant Classic at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida, defeating Towson (5-2) 82-79 before taking their first loss of the season in the second round against Rutgers (4-1) 53-66. However they would place 3rd in the Tournament defeating Mississippi (1-6) 86-74 in the Consolation game. Colorado would end the first month knocking off California (3-4) 94-80 at home. No one expected this team to go 4-1 in November but they did and they're not looking to lose traction.

Leading the team is co-captain 6'1 FR PG Elijah Wilkins averaging 17.8 points, 5 assists, and 3.2 steals per game shooting a hot 43% from behind the arc after his first month of collegiate basketball. He is currently top 5 in the Big 12 conference in scoring and assists while his 3.2 steal average is leading the conference and is 2nd in the country putting his name in the Big 12 Player of the Year debate. Along with Wilkins there are three other players averaging double digits and putting up solid numbers. 6'6 SO SG Cory Higgins, the 6th man, is the second leading scorer averaging 14.6 points per game shooting an impressive 51% from the field, 47% from three, and 89% at the freethrow line. He is also averaging 3.8 assists as he leads the second unit. 6'6 FR SF Jaaron Duffy is putting up solid numbers as well being one of those players scoring in double figures averaging 12.6 points per game, along with 6.4 rebounds and a team high 2.0 blocks (2nd in the conference). Other notable player is obviously co-captain 6'5 JR SG Xavier Silas averaging 10 points, 2.2 assists, and 1 steal per game while shooting 45% from three. Silas however could possibly be having a better season if not for his recurring injury (dislocated finger).

This seem to be a very talented Buffalo squad with talented players. Even though they go into December unranked they are still ranked 21st in the Coaches poll. Colorado will start December off at home facing off against their toughest foe yet; #20 Notre Dame (6-1) led by NCAA Player of the Year candidate 7'0 SR C Luke Harangody whose averaging a remarkable 31.6 points (leads Big East), 8.3 rebounds, and 2.6 blocks (leads Big East) per game. With this being Colorado's biggest test how will they fare against one of the top teams in the country? Make sure you tune in Tuesday, December 2nd, aired on ESPNU at 8PM EST.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »