Home

Road to Glory: Colorado Basketball

This is a discussion on Road to Glory: Colorado Basketball within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murray’s Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20

Old 04-11-2019, 03:08 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2

Hello everyone I'm not sure if anyone remember me from my College Hoops 2K8 career legacy nearly 3 years ago called "Ready for Big Things: the Coaching Career of Luther Jones" and I've been itching to do another write up for a long time. Ive finally decided to scratch that itch and begin this new open legacy on CH2K8. I played a couple games got the rust out but I also did coach mode which I forgot how much I loved allowing my players to put the game in their own hands as I coach them through it. Anyway back on topic I have been a fan of Colorado for quite some time and they never got over the hump it seems like not ever so I thought why not do that myself. Its gonna be challenging and fun building this program. Now, before I start playing with the Buffaloes this is a DISCLAIMER: I am going to sim the first two seasons like I've done in the past and this is gonna be a story driven write-ups. There may be times it's a lot to read and they'll be times it's a short read. This will be a fun series I have some interesting ideas for this. And with that welcome to Road to Glory: Colorado Basketball!

ROSTERS-Not sure but it's a 2008 Complete Roster file and that's where I wanted to start anyway.

SLIDERS-This is a slider set I already had in the game and it worked well for both Coach Mode and Player Vs CPU, but for this legacy I'll be playing Coach Mode. If anyone wants them just ask and I'll send them your way.

GAMES PLAYED VS SIM

After I sim the first two seasons it is my hope to play at least 65-75% of my games every year depending on how my team is playing. If I do sim the game will state that and I will never sim more then 2 games in a row.

I will always play Top-25 contests, Non-Conference Tourney's, Conference Tournaments and NCAA Tourney games.

Once I establish some in legacy rivalries I will play those as well.

If you want to read my last dynasty just follow the link below.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...es-ch-2k8.html

Last edited by vicebeliever42; 04-11-2019 at 03:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2019, 03:12 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Road to Glory: Colorado Basketball

Season Outlook

2007-08 Season (Simmed)
Spoiler

2008-09 Season (Simmed)
Spoiler

Last edited by vicebeliever42; 05-16-2019 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:12 PM   #3
Pro

End of Season Report

2007-08 Season (Simmed)
Spoiler

Last edited by vicebeliever42; 04-19-2019 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:13 PM   #4
Pro

Colorado Award Winners

2007-08 Season (Simmed):
Spoiler

Last edited by vicebeliever42; 04-19-2019 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:27 PM   #5
Pro

ALERT: Colorado hires Kody Smith, a rising coaching star

April 5th, 2007

Boulder, CO -- Kody Smith, 35, a man with a tremendous track record within Division II basketball, has been named the 17th men’s basketball head coach for the University of Colorado men’s basketball program, athletic director Mike Bohn announced Wednesday morning. Smith, comes to Colorado from Winona State University, where he guided the Warriors to a 88-8 record (a remarkable 91.7 winning percentage) in three seasons from 2004-07. During those three seasons he led the Warriors to back to back NCAA Division II Championships (2005-06 and 2006-07) and a NCAA Division II Final Four appearance in 2004-05. His ascent marked by a quiet intensity, understated manner and uncanny ability to connect with players. Smith replaces Ricardo Patton, who was let go after 11 years as head coach. After a poor season Buffalo fans should be giddy at landing a coach with his accomplishments, sideline acumen and impeccable reputation even if he is from Division II.

Smith has agreed to a three-year contract, effective this Friday, April 6, including the following salary and incentives pending approval by CU’s Board of Regents: an annual guaranteed salary of $750,000 and numerous incentives. Colorado will also pay Winona State the $270,000 buyout clause that is contained in Smith’s contract with the Warriors.
Quote:
“His biggest strength was the relationships he built with our players. He was always about the players. He’d say, ‘Keep a pulse on this guy, take him to lunch.’ If something was going on with a player, he’d have his assistants bring him over to his house. To Kody [Smith], family and relationships trumped everything. I think Kody’s best attribute is he gives confidence to his kids when they’re on the floor. He’s got a great way to get his kids to play ultra-tough even without the best talent.” - Mike Bohn
This looks to be a big step in the right direction for Buffalo basketball. Hopefully his success and methods can translate to the Division I ranks where the talent truly lies.

Last edited by vicebeliever42; 04-11-2019 at 03:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2019, 03:34 PM   #6
Pro

Conference Realignment shakes NCAA

July 7th, 2007

Big news in the world of college basketball as the NCAA allows University of Memphis and Butler University promotions to bigger and better conferences. University of Memphis, who finished the 2006-07 season 33-4 (16-0 CUSA) making it to the Elite Eight as a No. 2 seed, have been in talks with power conference Big East for a year now and after the agreement have finally been finalized the NCAA committee unanimously agreed upon allowing this to happen as it would be great the college basketball as a whole. However the NCAA only allowed this only if Big East ships one of the programs already to the Conference USA in a trade. After this deliberation the Big East has bought out the contract with University of South Florida and demoted Bulls basketball, who had a poor 2006-07 season finishing 12-18 (3-13 Big East), to the major conference of Conference USA as Memphis joins the Big East on a 15 year contract starting in the 2007-08 season. Surprisingly, Conference USA had an ace in the hole. Upon the knowledge of knowing they would be losing one of their most prestigious programs in their conference Conference USA and Butler University have come to an agreement. Butler's contractual agreement ended after the 2006-07 season and did not renew with mid-major conference Horizon desiring to join a bigger conference. Butler has had great success in recent years finishing the 2006-07 season 27-6 (13-3 Horizon), a No. 5 season and making the Sweet Sixteen in the NCAA tournament. They seem to be going into the right direction, so with that Conference USA has decided to trade off Rice University, who finished 16-16 (8-8 Horizon) in the 2006-07 season and is in their final year in their contract, to Horizon as Butler joins Conference USA on a 12 year deal and the NCAA committee agrees. This is a big surprise and big news as this could change the landscaping of these conferences for the foreseeable future.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:36 PM   #7
Pro

Everyone is able to post I hope you all enjoy as much as I will.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2019, 09:13 PM   #8
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm following for sure!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »