Home

The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2021, 07:06 AM   #249
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Introduction

What a trade, that’ll be the conversation for years in terms of how it changed the league. Impressed you were able to pull it off and get everyone to agree. As a Warriors fan I love it, tough to see Dray go but Butler is a huge get. I’m surprised the Heat decided to blow it up, they tend to try to build on the fly. Big years ahead for them.
Old 05-27-2021, 12:13 PM   #250
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderxx7
Wow, monumental blockbuster. I really like that Suns lineup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshdaddy
What a trade, that’ll be the conversation for years in terms of how it changed the league. Impressed you were able to pull it off and get everyone to agree. As a Warriors fan I love it, tough to see Dray go but Butler is a huge get. I’m surprised the Heat decided to blow it up, they tend to try to build on the fly. Big years ahead for them.
Absolutely. As I looked around the league, I noticed that GS, Denver, Phoenix, and Miami were all performing well below expectations and were pretty far outside the playoffs. Given their rosters, stars, and the size of their windows, it didn't make sense for them to just be OK with that situation.

And then you had Washington, who clearly was never going to be good with their players and were completely stuck because of Wall's contract.

I feel like Denver, GS, and Phoenix got better, but paid a reasonable cost to do so. Washington probably lost this trade, but got some more flexibility. Miami doesn't have their own pick this year, but has 5 first rounders over the next 2 years and gets out from Dragic's long deal. If they can dump Wall (or if he declines his option) next year, they will have some young players and a lot of flexibility (and a good coach).

I think the most exciting thing about this trade is how strong the bottom of the West playoffs are going to be. With these trades, the Nuggets, Suns, and Warriors will probably end up somewhere between seeds 5-8.

This is also bad news for teams currently at the bottom of the playoff picture in the West, like the Lakers, Jazz, and Timberwolves.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 05-27-2021, 09:55 PM   #251
MVP

studbucket's Arena

January 22, 2021 St. Francis vs Central Connecticut State [NEC]

It’s been 2 weeks since we’ve checked in on the brothers. Out in the NEC, Kostadin has gone 3-1 in his last 4 with wins over Quinnipiac, Sacred Heart, and Long Island and a loss to Mount St. Mary’s. The team has been doing well and is 5th in the NEC conference with a big game against the 4th place Central Connecticut State Blue Devils.

It’s truly a battle of strength vs strength. Central Connecticut has the best defensive efficiency in the NEC, while the Red Flash have the 23rd best offense in the country. Dinko should be proud of how well his offense is playing, but he also knows that his defense is leaky.

The Blue Devils are middling offensively, but have 3 players who are solid contributors: PF Evan Admundson (10.8 ppg), PF Dana Ravello (9.6 ppg), and Tommy Victor (9.1 ppg). While they are well-rounded and good defensively, they lack height.

From the opening tip at DeGol Arena, the Red Flash struggled to break down the 2-3 zone employed by Central Connecticut State. They were getting some open looks, but couldn’t make a shot. Fortunately, the Blue Devils were only up 18-14 about halfway through the 1st half.

Unfortunately for Dinko, it got worse from there. With 1:30 left in the half, they found themselves down 28-18. They brought it to 31-24 at half, but were being outshot 57% to 42% and needed to greatly improve on both ends.

In the 2nd half, St. Francis turned things around slowly. After a Casey Tyler three and a Payne dunk, Dinko started to feel that they had a chance with 6:30 left and the Red Flash down 47-44. A few minutes later, after a stop and a fast break, the crowd was roaring and the game was tied at 51.

Instead of stepping up to the occasion, the Blue Devils immediately got penalized for three in the key. That was the opening the Red Flash needed, and Casey Tyler hit a three to put the Red Flash up. It turns out it was for good. Tyler hit another dagger three with 1:27 left. The Red Flash were up 61-53 and seemed to have completed the comeback.

With a 63-53 final score, Dinko was so proud of his team and the grit they showed, outlasting Donyell Marshall's Blue Devils. Casey Tyler was hugely clutch and important, finishing with 30 points, shooting 8-13 from deep, which is a great game, especially given his rough start. The Red Flash finished with 64% shooting, a huge improvement over the first half number of 42%.

Around the NCAA
  • Projected 1st round pick PF Winston Works had 39 points for Gonzaga in a dominating win over St. Mary’s.
  • In a huge Pac 10 showdown, Washington beat USC 71-62, putting them at 4-0 in the conference and 13-1 overall. USC drops to 14-2.
  • No undefeated teams remain in the country.
  • Projected lottery pick Martynas Curry with 32, 7 rebounds, 6 blocks in dominating providence win over Pittsburgh.

Last edited by studbucket; 03-29-2022 at 12:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2021, 10:41 PM   #252
炭治郎

kibaxx7's Arena

A 14-year old game and that halftime report is still superb

(How are you capturing the videos? Are you on an emulator?)
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
Old 05-27-2021, 11:14 PM   #253
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Quote:
A 14-year old game and that halftime report is still superb
(How are you capturing the videos? Are you on an emulator?)
Yeah, 2K did presentation well. NFL 2K5 was arguably better than this with their highlight show.

I got a cheap capture card and use an Xbox 360. I believe I got a $70 Avermedia card off of Amazon. I connect that via USB to a laptop and pause the game and rewind in the software to where I want the capture to start, then click record. It buffers the last 30 minutes of gameplay from the capture card onto my laptop.

Old 05-29-2021, 03:26 PM   #254
MVP

studbucket's Arena

January 22, 2021 Northern Colorado at Idaho State [Big Sky]

His brother was battling with Central Connecticut after tipping off 2 hours prior and Oggy hoped that big brother could pull off the victory. Lately Oggy’s fortunes had been the inverse of his brothers. The Bears had lost 3 of their last 4 by a combined 7 points. This included 1 point losses to both Sacramento State and Weber State. However, they did get 1 victory over hapless Portland State; last year’s best team in the conference had 1 win all season. Three UNC players have dislocated fingers, in a wild stroke of bad luck. However, Brandon North, Randy Alvarez, and Shawn Berrelleca are playing through the injuries.

The bright spot for Northern Colorado has been Brandon North. The sophomore sharpshooter had an amazing game in the loss to Weber State, scoring 45 points and hitting 11 three pointers.

The Idaho State Bengals are 3-3 in conference and a mediocre team, which is still better than what UNC is. They have poor shooters outside of Wil Darag and Oggy hopes that he can encourage them to take outside shots and limit Wil Darag’s impact.

As the teams lined up for the opening tip, Oggy was struck by the matchup between the 2 bigs: Taron Guy and ISU’s Serbian center Dizdarevic. The matchup between the bigs was immediately in the spotlight as Taron Guy won the tip and opened the game with a big dunk. That quick start continued as they jumped out to a 16-8 lead. However, Northern Colorado went cold and allowed the Bengals back into the game. After fouling Wil Darag on a three attempt, the game was tied at 27 and the half ended with Idaho State up 32-30.

It was a rough end to the first half for Ognyan and he really needed his team to play smarter. At half, he exhorted his team to slow the game down and look to get the ball into Guy and Alvarez and don’t be afraid to kick it out to North.

Idaho State kept slightly ahead throughout the 2nd half. With 2:30 left, the Bengals were up 60-56 and UNC needed to show a spark of something different to have a hope in this game. It turns out they had that spark and found themselves up 63-62 with 1:08 left after a Randy Alvarez hook shot. From there, the drama started.

Brandon North went 1-2 from the line to put the game at 64-62. ISU came down and saw PF Ashton Plummer hit a 20 foot bank shot with 4.6 seconds left to tie the game up.

However, these Bears weren’t going to die. Zygis Martinez sprinted down the court and dished it to Randy Alvarez who threw down a dunk as time expired to win the game for the Bears. Holt Arena sat in stunned silence as the Bears celebrated on the court and walked off with a 66-64 victory.

Brandon North shot well from deep as usual, but Taron Guy was the star. He went 12-12 from the field (though 0-2) from the line, and is really showing some promise.

Around the NCAA

Around the NBA
  • Since Pat Riley orchestrated the 5 team trade, the Nuggets have been on a tear since the early struggles. They are 9-1 in their last 10, sitting at 22-24, just half a game out of the playoffs.
  • The Warriors are just ahead of the Nuggets at 22-23 and have won 5 in a row. DeAndre Ayton has been huge for them, adding size and interior scoring they were desperately missing.
  • It’s been less good for Phoenix, who are 4-6 in their last 10 and only 10-15 at home.
  • After a 3 game losing streak, the Philadelphia 76ers are on a 13-1 run and have vaulted past the Hawks and Nets to sit at 2nd in the Eastern Conference.
  • The Los Angeles Clippers have gone 9-1 in their last 10 and have a solid 2-game lead atop the West, as the Grizzlies have slipped to the 2nd spot.
  • The Lakers are 23-24 and struggling. The team has been getting very little from anyone who is not LeBron or AD. They had very little salary room, assets, or draft picks, but they did what they could: trading away Danny Green and some young players for Andre Iguodala and Jonas Jerebko. Their starting lineup has also been shifted, bringing in Avery Bradley, Kyle Kuzma, and Alex Caruso, and moving out Mason Plumlee, Jeremy Lin, and Danny Green. We’ll see if it makes a difference.

Old 05-30-2021, 02:02 PM   #255
炭治郎

kibaxx7's Arena

I just got a 2K8 for PS2 and I'm loving everything, changing the schedule, the random generated players, the recruiting process, the season preview & selection sunday shows... Wow.

I think I'm gonna try a CH/2K blend like this in the future if that's OK with you, Stud. Thanks for the inspiration!
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2021, 02:34 PM   #256
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Quote:
I just got a 2K8 for PS2 and I'm loving everything, changing the schedule, the random generated players, the recruiting process, the season preview & selection sunday shows... Wow.

I think I'm gonna try a CH/2K blend like this in the future if that's OK with you, Stud. Thanks for the inspiration!
Amazing! I am so glad you got the game. It is such a masterpiece of a sports game. It has its quirks, but is so fun and deep.

I would love to see more CH and NBA blends. You don't need my permission, you've been doing dynasties long before I started Can't wait to hear more about your experiences.

Last edited by studbucket; 05-30-2021 at 02:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »