Home

The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2020, 02:58 PM   #41
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Signing Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Bummer on missing out on Dinko's top recruit, but Mencio is at least really tall -- can't teach size. He's gonna be a project player, but developing him will be a big testament to Dinko's coaching.

Absolutely, and Dinko is a big guy just like Mencio, and in college ball, especially with these mid-majors, size can be a huge differentiator. You don't need to be good to be effective like you do in the NBA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2020, 11:51 AM   #42
MVP

studbucket's Arena

December 4, 2019 Northern Colorado vs Robert Morris [non-conference]

If the upcoming showdown with his brother was the main course and Duquesne was the pre-dinner drinks, then Robert Morris represented the type of appetizer that almost upstages the meal. Maybe some of that tender beef on skewers he got at steakhouses from time to time…but that’s getting beside the point, and is also a convenient analogy, because his 2 games at the Hawkeye challenge were squeezed in there as well and those were basically food poisoning. Despite beating Eastern Illinois by 18 points a few weeks prior, the Panthers destroyed the Bears 98-75 in Iowa City, followed by a 7-point loss to Louisiana-Monroe. The only positive? Donovin Mascoll’s continued good play, as he had 36 points and 11 rebounds in those 2 games.

Northern Colorado is sitting at a disappointing 3-4, but that’s much better than his struggling alma mater as the Colonials sit at 1-6. It was painful to see the team struggling so much but he had to admit it was comforting for him and boded well for his team’s chance to get to .500 with this game.

Before the game, Oggy spent time chatting with Andrew Toole, who has been Robert Morris’s head coach for 10 years, after starting at just 29 years old. He’s been a great mentor and helper for Oggy as the Bulgarian works through what it means to be an NCAA head coach, especially one in his 20s. It was great to catch up with him and give redshirt Senior PF Wil Frandsen a bit of a hard time. The Colonials’ team leader is averaging 13.5 points and 7.9 rebounds per game and was a 18 year old freshman during Oggy’s 5th year on the team – the last link to Oggy’s playing career at RMU.

After catching up and reminiscing, Oggy reminded his team of all of RMU’s weaknesses, which he hoped to exploit all night long.

Oggy’s Senior leaders showed up right away as Jahnke and Mascoll scored the team’s first 10 points – though Robert Morris kept it close early on through some tough finishing. 5 minutes in, the score was all tied up at 12-12…and that was the last time Robert Morris would be in the game.

Delvon Jahnke had 3 three-pointers in the first half and he kick-started the run that had the Bears pull ahead for good. At half they were up 32-23 with Jahnke and Mascoll scoring 23 points combined.

Senior SG Delvon Jahnke made six 3-pointers

They were even better in the 2nd half, with the 2 seniors combining for 25 second half points, which was also the margin of victory.

Looking at the box score after the game, Oggy was thrilled. His team shot 75% from the field with all 9 guys in the rotation getting between 2 and 4 assists. That 75% shooting was only possible because of the great passing and team play.

He can only hope that his team plays that well in 3 days as he heads back to Pennsylvania to take on “big” brother Dinko.

Around the NCAA
  • Duke is a talented team, but Coach K is sitting at 4-3 and unranked after losing to three ranked teams: #3 Marquette, #11 Wisconsin, and #20 Davidson.
  • The Big East looks really tough this year, with 6 teams still undefeated: St. John’s, Providence, Marquette, Louisville, Connecticut, and Cincinnati.

Old 03-20-2020, 12:10 PM   #43
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: December 4, 2019 Northern Colorado vs Robert Morris [non-conference]

Nice win, lots of good passing and scoring there for Oggy's squad; looks like he has buy in from his senior leaders with the way they're playing, which bodes well for the more difficult stretches in the schedule ahead.
Old 03-20-2020, 03:02 PM   #44
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Re: The Bulgarian Brothers – A College Hoops 2K8 & NBA 2K20 Dynasty

Glad my coach isn't the only one struggling to land a recruit this season.

But for Dinko he has his squad rolling will be exciting to see how he and Oggy match up.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:46 PM   #45
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Drago Derby Preview

It’s the eve of the big showdown between the two Dragomirov brothers, so let’s take a quick look at the two teams.

At a glance, the teams seem quite even when it comes to their skills, with St. Francis being a bit more well-rounded, although a bit smaller. However, when it comes to comparing their output so far, Northern Colorado clearly looks like the superior team. They are scoring 15 more points per game, shooting 8% better from the field and three, and turning it over 4.6 times less per game.

However, the Red Flash’s slower, more methodical game, better defense, and home court advantage may negate this perceived difference in performance.

Last edited by studbucket; 03-21-2020 at 11:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2020, 08:24 PM   #46
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

I'm excited

Let's get it on
Old 03-20-2020, 10:30 PM   #47
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7

The ultimate showdown! You planning on watching the game or choosing sides?
Old 03-21-2020, 11:48 AM   #48
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlayer
I'm excited

Let's get it on
Yeah, I had so much fun doing this that I've decided that they will be doing a home-and-home series every year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LopaKa
The ultimate showdown! You planning on watching the game or choosing sides?
I originally thought I'd watch...but then I realized how boring CHoops was when it came to CPU vs CPU - basically the PG pounding the ball at the top of the key for 15 seconds. So I am playing, and have divided the game into quarters. I play the away team for Q1 + Q3 and home for Q2 + Q4. I think it worked out pretty well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »