Home

Michael Jordan, Orange Fur and Eternal Mediocrity

This is a discussion on Michael Jordan, Orange Fur and Eternal Mediocrity within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2020, 06:33 AM   #17
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Michael Jordan, Orange Fur and Eternal Mediocrity

Good luck with man! I was away for a day or two and then I see your old story has bit the dust! So unfortunate!Waiting to see how you change up the Bobcats!!! J-Rich was darn good for them. Hopefully he can do a job for you. With any luck AMMO stays uninjured and makes an impact this time!
Old 04-14-2020, 10:24 AM   #18
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaboh
Good luck with man! I was away for a day or two and then I see your old story has bit the dust! So unfortunate!Waiting to see how you change up the Bobcats!!! J-Rich was darn good for them. Hopefully he can do a job for you. With any luck AMMO stays uninjured and makes an impact this time!
The PS3 had been worse for wear for a while, I wasn't too surprised when it finally died on me.

J-Rich was a stud in his one season in Charlotte, there's a few players I'll be interested in seeing play out along with Morisson. T-Mac, Gilbert Arenas, and Greg Oden will all get a second chance at staying healthy. Although T-Mac has already been banged up twice this year :/
Old 04-14-2020, 10:53 AM   #19
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Bobcats Top Lakers Despite 41 From Kobe
October 27th, 2007

LOS ANGELES -- The new duo of Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol have started the season hot, with the Lakers easily winning their first two games. Things haven't been so easy for the Bobcats who have dropped their first two. The Bobcats have been strangely dominate in their first three years over the Lakers however, winning the majority of their match ups.

Gerald Wallace started this game on a tear, scoring 11pts in the first quarter. Wallace was just a step too quick for Lamar Odom who struggled to keep up with Wallace on offense. The Bobcats were hitting on all cylinders, Adam Morisson had two threes early into the first quarter for himself. Richardson had the impossible job of guarding arguably the best player in the league Kobe Bryant. However, on offense Richardson was patient picking his spots and hitting his shots when he got open looks, not forcing anything.

The struggles for the Bobcats came once their bench entered the game, Matt Caroll and Jared Dudley were no answer for Kobe Bryant who was able to score at will on the much lesser players. The benches' struggles could become an underlying theme for the Bobcats the rest of the season, as against the Bulls their bench was a major issue as well.

With the Bobcats lead evaporated, Jeff Van Gundy called a timeout bringing back in Okafor and Richardson. Okafor was rock solid on defense the entire picking up a double double along with three blocks. Richardson was able to stop the Bobcats from possibly losing the lead going into the half.

In the third, the biggest question was if the Bobcats bench could hold off the Lakers long enough so that the starters were able to lead the Bobcats to a win. Paul Gasol took advantage of the mismatch on Nzar Mohammed, as the Lakers went to him in the post several times finding success.

Going into the fourth the Bobcats found themselves up only one. Kobe Bryant was on a mission in the fourth, putting the Lakers entirely on his back as he tried to lead them to a win. Gerald Wallace wouldn't let that happen though as Wallace had a great quarter of his own, dominating on the glass and finishing at the rim. Wallace's attack led to him getting 12 free throws of his own. In the end the game came down to one shot, with Wallace guarding Kobe the Lakers went to Lamar Odom who missed the game-tying three point shot giving the Bobcats their first win on the season.

Old 04-14-2020, 01:35 PM   #20
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

Off to a great start to this! Loving the presentation too. Okafor has been off to a great DPOY campaign.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:06 PM   #21
炭治郎

kibaxx7's Arena

Superb win over LA. Liking the format!
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2020, 09:39 AM   #22
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Nice win over the Kobe and Pau Lakers, Crash was doing work, efficient and very good at getting to the line. Love those free throw numbers.
Old 04-15-2020, 02:05 PM   #23
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Nice win over the Kobe and Pau Lakers, Crash was doing work, efficient and very good at getting to the line. Love those free throw numbers.
I didn’t expect to win that game at all going into it because we struggled so much against the Bulls. I don’t know if I could call Gerald’s game “efficient” but he was the key factor in why we won. His speed and athleticism is some of the best in the league. At only 25 years old I’m hooping I can refine his skills to make him more then a elite cutter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderxx7
Superb win over LA. Liking the format!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsJunkie
Off to a great start to this! Loving the presentation too. Okafor has been off to a great DPOY campaign.

Thanks for the support guys and yeah Okafor is a beast on defense. Just need him to up his game on offense, guy can’t hit a shot unless he’s all alone:
Old 04-15-2020, 02:06 PM   #24
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Pierce, Garnett too Much for Bobcats
November 7th, 2007

CHARLOTTE -- After a slow start the Bobcats, have gotten themselves back to .500 early in the season. However, the real story is the Celtics, who with their new trio of Garnett, Pierce and Allen have taken the NBA by storm. Many experts expected their to be a growing pains period but the Celtics haven't shown it yet.

Charlotte held their own in the first quarter, Gerald Wallace continued his hot streak, getting the better of KG early in the game. Wallace used his speed off cuts to get around KG for layups. Adam Morrison was hitting shots as well, going 3-5 in the first quarter.

The struggles for Charlotte came in the second, once again Charlotte's bench was a serious problem. Matt Carroll and Jeff McInnis struggled to generate any offense, clanking shots off the rim. Doc Rivers really exposed the matchup problems the Celtics generated over the Bobcats. With Wallace stuck guarding KG due to the Bobcat's lack of depth with their big men, Paul Pierce was able to dominate Adam Morisson taking him to school. KG's height advantage over Wallace was also felt as Garnett picked up several offensive rebounds.

Gerald Wallace's offensive effort could not be understated, however, with Richardson and the rest of the Bobcats struggling on offense. Wallace took it on his shoulders to end the drought, Wallace took control of the Bobcats offense when he was in the game. Jason Richardson, struggled the entire night. Not being able to find his spots or get a lane open for a dunk against Ray Allen.

By the fourth, the Celtics lead had grown to an insurmountable one. Despite the Bobcat's best efforts to get back into the game, there was just too little time to catch up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »