Home

Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

This is a discussion on Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again" within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2018, 08:46 AM   #1
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

System/Game : PS4 2K19
Mode: 30 Team Control MyLeague
Rosters : 2K official
Settings barncore's with 8KB's $ and a few other small tweaks both are posted here on OS
Others 12 Min quarters, 82 games, Chemistry On, Progress Fatigue likely off, normal playoff format, wont have many rule changes.
Sliders : Default All Star (for now)

* I will make some tweaks to the sliders along the way as typically I still lose plenty of games when its set to somewhere between Pro and All Star. I haven't played a ton of full 5 vs 5 games since my team is rebuilding playing a little above my skill level with sliders makes sense. I won't make any major changes year 1 from default all star.

Posting Format : I will use the same format that I did last year which is a lot of pics, short articles and some quick game recaps. Once I get into the playoffs I'll do some longer game recaps and the occasionally full game I play.

How I Play : I super sim the games and jump into them if they are close in the late 3rd / 4th quarter. I will play a lot of the playoff games or atleast the key ones.

What I control I will control All the trades, signings, 1st round draft picks and some 2nd, and lineups. I will also edit the tendencies for the players (mostly young stars) starting in year 2 that I think deserve it. This will help the younger guys produce more realistic stats as their overall goes up.

Awards / All Stars I am leaning toward using the default selections and just jumping and changing them when something is obviously way off. I may open some of them up to a vote and see if that gets a good reaction

Draft Class Real life using Infamous NY's with a few small tweaks

* I haven't officially started this up yet I am still running the last set of test. The main issue I'm having is the Hawks are easily making the playoffs every year even with 3 low 70's guys in the starting lineup. I watch a good amount of youtube rebuilds and I've even seen the Hawks win the championship year 2 with nobody rated over 85. I hope things calm down as I get going but the early reports are with the sim engine the Hawks are the most OP team in the NBA.

* I think that covers all the basics so I'll update if something else comes up

Last edited by georgiafan; 09-25-2018 at 08:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2018, 10:52 AM   #2
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Re: Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

Kent Bazemore Player Profile - Trade Rumors Heat Up

Baz's name has been in trade rumors for a while now since he is 29 and out of place on the young and rebuilding Hawks. The latest rumors is that a deal is expected to be made before the regular season starts. The team isn't known yet however some of the teams rumored are Trailblazers, Pelicans, Rockets and Bucks. The type of teams interested in him are playoff teams that will be over the cap this offseason and have dead $ on the books.

Baz is overpaid with a salary of about 18 million this year with a player option for next year which is a near lock he will pick up. However when you compare his ratings and contract a lot of teams could use his services as he can play the 2 or 3. He is a steady veteran 3 & D guy with grades of B in 3 point shooting and defense (not sure why the pic says C+). He shot near 40 % from 3 last year and also proves leadership and can mentor younger players.

* the pic has some wrong ratings on it which is likely bc the grade of my scout
Old 09-25-2018, 11:03 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey georgiafan,

I‘m thrilled for your next dynasty. Your last year write-ups with the 76ers was the best dynasty here on OS. With such longevity it was really interesting to follow the progression of the whole franchise.
I hope you will continue to go so many years in your chise.

As always I‘m very excited and the Hawks should be very interesting because of their loads of draft picks.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2018, 11:29 AM   #4
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Following, excited to see where you take the team. Lots of assets for the Hawks there -- will they cash them in for a big star or try to draft the core of a title winner, like the Warriors before them?
Old 09-25-2018, 12:40 PM   #5
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Thanks for the nice words I'll prob start up the games tonight or tomorrow. I'm kind of waiting to see if Butler gets traded or Noah officially gets stretched. I def plan on making this one a long term posting also and going 5 + years. I will have to split my time between this and RDR 2 come October 26th though I will still have daily updates as this helps keep me sane at work.

I have the blue print in my head of what I would like to do however we will play it out and I may have to adjust strategy along the way. The front office has made moves to copy the warriors with drafting the best shooter at all 3 positions and now the 76ers strategy of acquiring draft picks is thrown into the mix. The cap room is something that I don't know what I will do as I should have a gap in between the bad contracts coming off the books and paying the young guys.

They are still some issues I'm not thrilled with as it comes to my testing as I've mentioned elsewhere like hawks winning to many games and Young averaging so many points. It is what it is so Its time to just start it up and adjust whatever needs to on the fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Following, excited to see where you take the team. Lots of assets for the Hawks there -- will they cash them in for a big star or try to draft the core of a title winner, like the Warriors before them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackebarsch10
Hey georgiafan,

I‘m thrilled for your next dynasty. Your last year write-ups with the 76ers was the best dynasty here on OS. With such longevity it was really interesting to follow the progression of the whole franchise.
I hope you will continue to go so many years in your chise.

As always I‘m very excited and the Hawks should be very interesting because of their loads of draft picks.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 10:34 AM   #6
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Elite Scout Brought In For Big $

The Hawks announced today they have hired Kuba Gooding making him one of the highest paid scouts in the NBA and giving him a 4 year deal. This moves makes sense for both sides as the Hawks have a ton of draft picks coming in future years and its worth paying extra $ to make sure you draft the right person. Kuba has a chance to help turn Hawks around with his scouting and make a bigger name for himself while having job security.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:57 AM   #7
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Here we go!
Old 09-26-2018, 12:08 PM   #8
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Hawks were my second choice for this season, so I am excited to live vicariously through your thread. Goodluck man, really enjoyed your last one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »