Home

The Golden Era | A Golden State Warriors Dynasty (NBA 2K20)

This is a discussion on The Golden Era | A Golden State Warriors Dynasty (NBA 2K20) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2022, 02:48 PM   #833
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The Golden Era | A Golden State Warriors Dynasty (NBA 2K20)

How old is Steve Kerr at this point?

Will you consider resting players down the stretch to prevent injuries since you have good seeding in hand?

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 05-31-2022, 07:23 PM   #834
炭治郎

kibaxx7's Arena

OVR: 0

Another great record at this point of the season. Kuminga interests me so much, I would love to add him to my Blazers (it's going to take some real life years, though).
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
Old 05-31-2022, 08:03 PM   #835
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibaxx7
Another great record at this point of the season. Kuminga interests me so much, I would love to add him to my Blazers (it's going to take some real life years, though).
LOL - that's playing the rrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll lllllyyyyyyyyyy long game right there. You're only 50 years away!

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2022, 09:11 PM   #836
炭治郎

kibaxx7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
LOL - that's playing the rrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll lllllyyyyyyyyyy long game right there. You're only 50 years away!

Haha I know! I have a LONG list of players I want to acquire
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
Old 06-01-2022, 06:54 AM   #837
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
How old is Steve Kerr at this point?

Will you consider resting players down the stretch to prevent injuries since you have good seeding in hand?

Kerr is 66, but annoyingly very early in the dynasty Kerr and a couple other coaches had their likeness, stats and attributes scrubbed, so the in-game roster picture is right but the on-court one all wrong. I think it happened during the transfer but I don’t know.

So in-game he’s only coached for a couple years, but I may just force retire him and a few other original coaches that had that happen to.

But yeah, I’ll sit against non-playoff teams since win/loss record doesn’t matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibaxx7
Haha I know! I have a LONG list of players I want to acquire

Taking the long view, no kidding. He’s a lot of fun to play with, especially since he’s developed a 3-point shot
Old 06-02-2022, 12:45 PM   #838
Rookie

It's funny to me seeing Trae in NY. This is incredible man.
Old 06-03-2022, 06:14 AM   #839
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Fun fact: I’m a huge Boston Celtics fan and found myself reading this thread from the start pulling for your Warriors during commercials of last night’s Game 1 of the NBA Finals. Just got through the first couple season recaps and man that lotto luck is unreal! I’m hoping I can get some of that luck in my OKC franchise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-03-2022, 12:10 PM   #840
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshdaddy
Attachment 183501

Curry plants flag atop NBA mountain top as Warriors claim Game 7 and NBA title

Isaiah Charles
June 11, 2024

In the 2015 NBA Finals, the conversation regarding the best player in NBA history was rather straightforward. Michael Jordan was the GOAT but LeBron James was looking to make a case of his own. James was fresh off of four-straight NBA Finals trips with the Miami Heat, and upon returning to Cleveland had guided the Cavaliers to the NBA’s final stage.

On the other end of the court was a new challenger. After James had faced the Spurs in the last two NBA Finals, a group of unproven yet immensely talented shooters had taken the league by storm, having raced to the NBA Finals with massive expectations. Their leader was a diminutive point guard who had just claimed his first MVP. Stephen Curry was an indication of where the league was going, and would help ignite a basketball revolution.

Curry was as far from what typically had dominated in the NBA as James was the perfect embodiment. A smooth-shooting guard who entered the league without the handles or playmaking ability perceived to be ideal of the point guard position, Curry had quickly ascended the NBA hierarchy throughout the 2014-15 season, avoiding the ankle injuries that had plagued his career up to that point.

But something clicked that season, beyond just health. With Steve Kerr at the helm, a different type of Curry was unleashed, and the NBA would soon be altered in his image. Thanks to Curry’s shooting and floor-altering ability, the Warriors rallied from a 2-1 deficit to take down James and win their first NBA title since 1975.

Little did anyone know, but June of 2015 would be the first breeze in a hurricane that would threaten to, and now has, toppled the GOAT from atop the NBA mountain.

With a vintage 40-point outburst, Curry lifted the Warriors to a 135-122 victory over the Atlanta Hawks in a deciding Game 7, completing a 3-2 comeback and securing the franchise’s fourth-straight NBA championship and seventh title in the last nine years.

The 36-year-old is a long way from the 25-year-old version who won his first title and MVP in 2015, but his ability to impact the game is identical. Curry attacked the paint at will while connecting time and time again from the deep, going 16-for-20 from the floor and 4-for-6 from beyond the arc. And like before, his mere presence adjusted the landscape of the court.

Curry ended the night with nine assists, along with the numerous instances in which his mere presence on the perimeter prevented defenders from covering the paint. Early in the second quarter, a 36-28 frame that would give the Warriors the distance they needed, Jonathan Kuminga got the ball in transition with Curry ahead of him, covered by Kyrie Irving. Curry ran to the corner with Irving hot on his tail, opening the paint for Kuminga. As Kuminga drove for the vacant lane, Irving was forced to choose: defend the paint or leave Curry open on the edge. He chose Curry.

The gravity that orbits Curry freed the Warriors to shoot openly and with confidence. Anthony Edwards had 32 points on 6-for-8 shooting from deep to go with nine assists, two steals and two blocks. Kuminga ended the night a perfect 7-for-7 from the floor, including 3-for-3 from deep, for 20 points, along with six rebounds and six assists.

Curry’s splash brother, Klay Thompson, in his second game back from a sprained foot, ended the night with 16 points on an efficient 6-for-8 from the floor and 2-for-4 from deep.

It was Curry who gave the Warriors a lead that at one time ballooned to 19 points. And it was Curry who snuffed out a rally in the fourth. With 7:21 to play, the Hawks fought back and cut the deficit to just eight points. Curry re-entered the lineup and immediately went to work. First, he attacked the rim, blowing past Kyrie Irving and collapsing the defense, leaving Edwards open beyond the arc.

On the next possession, Curry used a pick from Ibraham Mobley and dumped it to the rolling big man for two more.

Atlanta would respond, getting the game to within nine before Curry unleashed his final triple of the night, putting the lead back to double-digits and out of reach.

Despite Irving’s own scoring efficiency (40 points, 17-for-30 shooting), he was no match for Curry on the defensive end, who got to the paint seemingly at will. And when Irving needed a stop to keep the fading flame of a comeback alive, Curry snuffed it out.

Throughout the 2023-24 season there was a sense that this would be the last chance for Curry and Thompson to lead a championship team, and with it the last argument for Curry in his debate versus Michael Jordan as the best of all time. Now, Curry has what Jordan never got: a seventh ring and a fourth-straight title.

The mountain has fallen. A new GOAT is upon us.

Golden State Warriors at Atlanta Hawks
Jun 11, 20241ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Golden State (53-29)31363236135
Atlanta (55-27)28283135122
Golden State Warriors
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Stephen Curry3616-204-64-46920340
Anthony Edwards3510-166-86-94922332
Jonathan Kuminga327-73-33-36600420
Klay Thompson336-82-42-24400216
Myles Turner275-112-30-03200012
TEAM TOTALS50-8219-3015-1846444212135
Atlanta Hawks
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Kyrie Irving3817-303-83-33220240
Jaden Springer3312-200-02-26300226
Brandon Boston194-102-62-22300012
De'Andre Hunter302-112-23-3344029
Julius Walker274-90-00-0902038
TEAM TOTALS47-1037-2313-1349211429122
Bro, I just got chills reading this recap! Amazing stuff!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »