Home

NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remasters

This is a discussion on NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remasters within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2021, 11:30 PM   #249
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remasters

Does Wood decline fast? 79 Ovr seems low
Old 05-02-2021, 10:04 PM   #250
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlayer
Does Wood decline fast? 79 Ovr seems low
The roster I’m using has lower ratings then the official 2k ones so that’s the big reason. For example that’s the rating Clarke has for me.

Wood like a lot of people has a rating that’s better at PF then not C. His is big difference it’s 79/83. He was playing the 4 this year for Houston as they drafted Ronnie Siekly. Before I made the trade I changed his official position to C since that’s what he will play for Toronto. I can’t remember what he was in the default year 1 roster I think a C. What I usually do in a situation like is up the intangibles to remove the big gap. Since he has been productive and has skills / size to play either spot.

Last edited by georgiafan; 05-02-2021 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-03-2021, 02:30 PM   #251
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Standings Update

A quick look at the standings with about 20 games to go. Memphis is currently the 4th seed and battling with the Clippers for the 3rd. Its looking like somewhere between the 2 and 4 seed. The schedule isn't to difficult so we would project the 3rd seed as they are some winnable/easy games with Spurs, Rockets, Trailblazers and Magic.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2021, 04:43 PM   #252
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

1st Expansion Team Announced

The 1st new expansion team has been announced and its the Nashville Outlaws. They will play in the Bridgestone Arena which is the home of the NHL's Nashville Predators. If you have never been to Nashville the Bridgestone Arena is in a perfect location in downtown Nashville. Its within walking distance to the Honkytonk Bar's as well as a few major hotels with a ton of good places to eat. Despite playing in the Bridgestone arena they will go by the name Folsom Prison. Since Nashville is one of the most centralized cities in the states and its going in the middle of a major tourist section it should be a perfect spot for a new team.

The Outlaws got there name from the country music movement of the 70's & 80's highlighted by artist such as Waylon Jennings and Johnny Cash.

Editors Note - I used the prebuilt custom logo for the team which I was excited about as it looked cool and was easy. I was disappointed that I couldn't use that logo on the jerseys or the court. This is also the same setup for a team I used in my initial 76ers dynasty I posted on here a few years back. As you can guess I live close to Nashville and I'm a fan of country music so always thought it was a cool concept. I just about made them last year, but waited out 1 more.

Old 05-04-2021, 12:27 AM   #253
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm not sure why but I always love to see the smaller cities get the expansion teams.

The Grizz are really rolling though, can they bounce up to the second seed?
Old 05-04-2021, 10:10 AM   #254
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

JJJ Returns Tonight

Jaren Jackson finally returns for the game tonight vs the Pelicans after missing over a month with a injury. Its much needed with 20 games to go and Memphis trying to move up from the 4th seed. Jaren's return is huge as gives Memphis more size and rim protection as they have been forced to go smaller then they prefer recently.

This rotation and minutes is basically back to where it was on opening night. The bench is headlined by T.J and Stefan getting upper 20's in minutes. The 9th spot has been back and forth between Melton and Bane. With Melton out for a few days it goes to Bane who is shooting 41% from 3 for the year. Kevin Love falls out of the rotation after playing solid during the last few weeks in limited time. Since our last standings update Memphis has won 2 of 3 with the loss being vs the Bucks.

Old 05-04-2021, 10:17 AM   #255
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlayer
I'm not sure why but I always love to see the smaller cities get the expansion teams.

The Grizz are really rolling though, can they bounce up to the second seed?
Yea same here I guess you think of the college type feel they have. They also aren't many teams at in the south, but mostly I just added them because I like the City lol

I've got a chance with Jaren now back and Anthony Davis just got hurt so he will miss about 2 weeks. The next 2 games I've got will be tough with the Pelicans (zion, lavine, bi) and Hawks (added beal) If I can somehow win both of those I should be able to jump as the schedule will soften up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2021, 05:04 PM   #256
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Shaq Tank - Possible Fits

Here we will take a look at the worst teams in the league and how they are possible fits with the best prospect we have seen in a long time. Shaq is a monster however he is a traditional C and a lot of these teams already have one of those.

Rockets
They have the worst record in the league and one of the worst teams of all time. Ronnie Siekly is a traditional C that was taken 6th overall last year. He is the favorite to win rookie of the year scoring 18 a night so someone would need to be traded. They have a lot of young guys on this team so clearly would be some time before they can win.

76ers
The pick they owe to Chicago is top 3 protected and the whole league is rooting the pick ends up 4 or later. It would be criminally if Philly is able to team Shaq with Ben Simmons and Embiid with a whole bunch of talented wings. I guess you could play Embiid at the 4.

Pacers
This would be a fun one with a bunch of win now players that have trade value like Kemba, Brogdan and Levert. Sabonis is a fine player, but Shaq would be the man at C.

Wizards
They just started the rebuild and now have a bunch of young guys that need playing time. They drafted 7'4 Ric Smits last year so they don't need Shaq.

Spurs
The best fit of the bunch from the fit standpoint they have a lot of bodies at the 1-3 spots and no stars at 4/5. He would be the man from day 1 and the current C would be a quality backup.

Kings
They need some help soon or Fox is going to ask to be traded. They have Manute Bol at C but he is more of a niche player then a future all star. They would instantly become must watch TV with Fox and Shaq.

Wolves
KAT has been rumored to be traded for a year now and it likely happens this offseason to OKC who has three 1st round picks. If they get lucky and jump up with the haul they would get for KAT they would instantly become interesting and super talented. They could also move KAT to the 4 and team him up with Shaq

Bulls
They are pushing for the playoffs this year so maybe they will be rewarded with good karma. They could find a home for Carter Jr or just keep him as a 4/5 off the bench. The are set at G for the future with Rod Strickland and Joe Dumars.

Cavs
They need a lot of help so they may need him more then anyone in the league. They would still be a few years away from the playoffs if they get him. This is probably the least exciting fit when you factor in the young core.

Pistons
They likely make the playoffs and don't get a chance for him

Expansion Teams
Its to early to know how the draft lottery will fair for the expansion teams

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »