Home

NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remasters

This is a discussion on NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remasters within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2022, 05:49 PM   #369
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remasters

Draft Report - 15 Names You Already Know

Name Len Bias
Projection 1st overall
Best Fits Anywhere
Scouting Report A near lock to go 1st overall at 6'8 220 can play either F spot. He can do it all and comes with basically no weakness. A versatile defender to go along with his offense game. A big-time athlete something that's lacking in the names you see below. He fits on any team and the best bet to be a all-star in this class.

Name Ron Harper
Projection Top 5
Best Fits Pistons, Wolves, Blazers
Scouting Report The best defender in the entire class and it's not even close. He is listed as a 6'6 PG, but can easily play and defend 1-3. He is already a solid playmaker though ideally wouldn't be your primary right away. He doesn't give you much on offense. He has potential and we would project him to make multiple all defense teams in his career.

Name Chuck Person
Projection Top 10
Best Fits Magic, Pacers, Spurs
Scouting Report Listed as a 6'8 235-pound SF in today's game his best may be as a stretch 4. A knockdown shooter should be able to hit 40% from 3 his rookie year. He can hold his on both on post and perimeter defense just will never be great at those. His rebounding and athletic ability are just ok. He comes with upside.

Name Dennis Rodman
Projection 10 to 25
Best Fits Who knows?
Scouting Report A very interesting prospect that we probably need to come back to go in depth on later. He gives you nothing on offense as in zero nothing. He also isn't a good athlete. He is going to be amazing rebounder likely leading the league in that for years to come. He can also defend and despite his low athletic ability can guard the perimeter. He is raw with a lot of upside and hustles as much as anyone. His size is another issue at 6'7 can he play C?

Name Scott Skiles
Projection Lottery
Best Fits Celtics, Wolves, Rockets
Scouting Report He isn't the kind of shooter that you would expect him to be just yet. He is small at 6'1 and just C+ athletic ability. He is already a + defender and great playmaking skills. If you want a steady hand at PG that will play his role and defend he is your guy.

Name Brad Daughtry
Projection Top 10
Best Fits Pistons, Spurs, Thunder
Scouting Report He came into the year as the projected 1st overall pick and has dropped some on mock drafts. He is another guy that's raw with potential. He is a old school big and probably the best post up score in the class. A solid defender and rebounder that's a pretty safe bet to be a starter caliber player.

Name Arvydas Sabonis
Projection Top 10
Best Fits Pistons, Spurs, Raptors
Scouting Report Another fun player the 21-year-old is the biggest guy in the class at 7'3 and 279 pounds. He doesn't have a offense game yet, but down the line its coming. He should also eventually be a solid shooter both from 3 and mid-range. He also has passing skills coming with "badges" in that department. He has the potential to be the best player in this entire class he is just raw. He will be in the NBA next year. Will some teams pass on him because of being slow and unathletic?

Name Mark Price
Projection Lottery
Best Fits Hawks, Celtics, Wolves
Scouting Report A smaller PG sort of in the mold as Scott Skiles. He is a great playmaker and solid shooter which should eventually be in the A range. He isn't a world beater on defense and another bad athlete. Once he works on maximizing his 3-point shoot which is already decent is a all-star type player

Name Jeff Hornacek
Projection Mid- Late 1st
Best Fits Thunder, Nuggets, Mavs
Scouting Report A shooter that has some room to get better. He is good enough on defense isn't going to guard #1 options. He is 6'4 and strictly a 2 guard. He isn't going to do much else on offense except for shoot. He may not ever be an all-star but will be a starting caliber player.

Name Nate McMillian
Projection Mid - Late 1st
Best Fits Anywhere
Scouting Report A lot to like about Nate as a 6'5 200 PG that can also play the 2/3. A 3 & D player and the 1st time we have used that phrase in this article. He should grade out at B+ in both of those categories. His ability to get steals is 2nd to none it wouldn't be surprised to see him lead the league in that stat. The issue with him is unlike the others in the class doesn't have a lot of upside. He is a plug and play guy so a team looking to win could draft him as high as top 10.

Name Drazen Petrovic
Projection Mid 1st
Best Fits Raptors, Mavs, 76ers
Scouting Report The scouts are mixed on where he should go as he only has one skill. He can't defend are do anything else on offense. That one skill he has is the most important in the game today and that's him being a knock down shooter. He is a sniper from long range we would be shocked if he isn't the best shooter at the combine. We are betting you can count on your hand the amount of time in his career he finishes below 40% from 3. Will teams see him as a starter? Will they want to spend a lottery pick on someone that's just a shooter?

Name Dell Curry
Projection Late 1st
Scouting Report Another good shooter that profiles more as a fringe starter/ 2nd unit guy. We are expecting him to grade out about the same overall as Drazen. Since this is a heavy at his position he should be around late 1st maybe even early 2nd. He also isn't quite the shooter as a few others.

Name John Sally
Projection Late 1st / Early 2nd
Scouting Report A 3rd big type of C that is the defender and rebounder type. He is a safe bet and will be able to come in right away and play 10 minutes or so a night.

Name David Wingate
Projection 2nd round
Scouting Report Already a solid defender and should be around mid 2nd round.

Name Kevin Duckworth
Projection 2nd round
Scouting Report A huge guy at 7'0 and 300 pounds. He has some skills to finish at the rim and can do the dirty work. He might be a 2 way player to start his career.

Last edited by georgiafan; 01-03-2022 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-03-2022, 08:47 PM   #370
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Re: NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsman
Maybe a trade with the lakers around THT? No much more you can get for warren I don’t believe.
I’m going to first see what I can get for Turner which I’ll have the updated article on that tomorrow. Either way A 2nd round pick I think I would rather just keep him. So your right a Young player I need to look at.

I do really like the LA fit and I think it makes sense for them to trade THT for a win now player On a expiring deal. That way the expiring team gets a young player and they get a upgrade. Lebron seems to retire in 2k so next year would likely be his last year. LA is 6th in the west at 30-24 with 4th likely being the best they can get. THT per 36 stats are 13-3-6 in 44/26/80. I was thinking he was a better shooter then this as his grade is a D+.

A few other names it could sense for LA to offer THT for heads up

Hawks - Gallo /TLC ( current 10th seed)
Hornets - Oubre (non shooter though)
Kings players as they are bad
Magic - Ross (3 years older then warren - per 36 stats 15.2 on 34% from 3
Maybe mavs with THJ contract
Nuggets - will Barton (18 ppg per 36 on 37%)
Rockets - Gordon (per 36 stats 16 ppg on 30% from 3)
Blazers - Nurkic who is hurt now

Warrens early per 36 stats 16 on 30% from 3
Old 01-04-2022, 10:31 AM   #371
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Sabonis Makes All Star Team

In some surprising news despite Indiana's bad record Sabonis has made the all-star team getting the vote by the coaches. This is a down year for all-star selections with so many usual shoe ins like Middleton, Irving, Simmons, Zion, Klay, Kawhi etc not playing. You also have teams with good records like the Bucks not having a 2nd player worthy. Then teams toward the bottom like Boston who you don't want to give multiple players the nod. Sabonis wasn't the only player with a team on a bad record making it as Jonas, KAT, Lillard also did. Sabonis is putting up a impressive state line of 17-11-7 and its looking like he will not be traded at the deadline.

West Snubs
Deandra Ayton - 15 and 13
Chris Paul - 16-7-4 (suns 2nd seed)
Andrew Wiggins - 17 (best record in nba)

East Snubs
DeRozan - 21-4-5 (bulls have 2 already on it and are the 4th seed)
Levert - 19-4-4 (cavs in playoffs)
Jaylen Brown - 21-6-4 (11th seed)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2022, 03:42 PM   #372
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Updating Turner Trade Packages

This seemed like the year that Myles Turner would finally be traded when it came out a few months back Indiana was going to trade some veterans. It seemed like a mini bidding war would happen for him as he fit on a lot of teams and wasn't overpaid. That hasn't been the case as the options are getting slim. Turner's counting stats are solid but aren't going to trick anyone into thinking he is #2 option. Let's take a look at where some of the teams linked to him stand as we sit 3 days before the trade deadline.

No Longer Interested

Warriors They are 44&11 so it doesn't make sense for them to make a big trade. Wiseman is also now healthy and starting at C

Raptors They are 22&32 12th in the East so they will hang on to their 1st round pick and look to make a win now move this offseason

Hornets The 1st round pick they owe to the Knicks is top 18 protected. At the moment are projected to be drafting 14th so upgrading at C to barely make the playoffs and lose their 1st round pick isn't smart. The pick they owe comes with protections next year and they seem a year away from being threats.

Wolves This one really stings as Bubba Davis had Malik Beasley and a 1st round pick at the top of his wish list. Minnesota has been awful this year just 19 & 34 the 6th worst record in the league. They may as well keep their 1st round pick which is looking like it will be in the top 10.

PelicansThey are currently 11th in the West and similar to the Hornets owe a lottery protected 1st to someone. With Zion out for the year it seems the best they can hope for is the play in game. They also have Jonas playing out of his mind at C making the all star team.

-----------------------------

Celtics This one still doesn't seem like a perfect fit still we will keep it as somewhat possible. They are down this year 11th in the East at 3 games under .500. Despite that They sit just 4 GB from the 6th seed. If they are willing to trade their 1st and only have it top 10 protected, then Indiana would take it. Boston needs a high-end young player so they may want to just keep the pick in the teens and use that down the line. Boston would need to move off some size. Boston has seen no improvement from the young guys.

Grizzles Finally we get to a team that makes some sense as they are 32-23 and the current 5th seed. The bad news is Ja is out for about 8 weeks so far they are playing ok without him. Jaren Jackson is playing better this year and they like the fit of him and Turner as the starting front court for years to come.

From the salary matching side they have some cap room, so they don't have match it exactly. They should be able to make the $ work with Kyle Anderson or Culver. Both players aren't expected to be back with Memphis as Kyle is a FA and Culver a 8 million team option.

Memphis has a roster about to get expensive, so they aren't going to be players in FA. They also have three 1st round picks and don't need to add three rookies. What picks they offer can be debated you have MEM/LA prob early 20's and the Utah pick mid-late 20's. From Indiana side they aren't getting a huge asset, but this would give them a lot of options this summer.

Last edited by georgiafan; 01-04-2022 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-04-2022, 04:45 PM   #373
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Would Adams, Clarke, JJJ, and Turner be too crowded of a frontcourt for the Grizz?

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 01-04-2022, 05:10 PM   #374
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Would Adams, Clarke, JJJ, and Turner be too crowded of a frontcourt for the Grizz?
It probably is to crowded, but Memphis has so much depth that's going to be a issue this year no matter what for them. For example, even with Ja hurt they had Melton, Tyus Jones, Brooks, Bane, Konchar, Culver and the rookie 10th pick for the 1-3 spots.

Adams would clearly be the odd man out of the 4 and with his contract expiring after next year. I figure they could move him in the offseason. Maybe it becomes a 3 way with me getting Culver and a 3rd team getting Anderson with them getting someone else.

I've probably got the point where I've over thought the trade for Turner trying to find the perfect fit. Since Memphis has those three late 1st and this would give them a long term trio of JJJ/ Turner / Clarke in the frontcourt.
Old 01-04-2022, 11:40 PM   #375
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

OVR: 0

oof thought my Hornets would figure something out for Turner. Hopefully we can in real life. I think the Grizzlies package is fair, however, I also question the fit in Memphis. It seems like they'd be giving up a lot when they already have plenty of bigs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2022, 10:01 AM   #376
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlayer
oof thought my Hornets would figure something out for Turner. Hopefully we can in real life. I think the Grizzlies package is fair, however, I also question the fit in Memphis. It seems like they'd be giving up a lot when they already have plenty of bigs.
Yea I'm not finding the perfect fit for him so maybe the thing to do is just wait till the offseason ? I'm torn so as always I appreciate the feedback. After going back and looking more Memphis has cap room so they could get Turner with only having to give up the worst player on the team. I like this better from my side as it creates a large trade exception. This would allow them to trade Adams in another deal maybe to someone like Dallas. Since Memphis is a bit ahead of schedule and likely not getting a top 3 seed maybe they should also just play it out.

Your Hornets are going to be very interesting on how it plays out and they could still get Turner it would just be in the offseason. So you're the perfect to tell me what you would be willing to trade for him. P.J Washington / Plumlee aren't getting the job done.

It's going to be a coinflip on if they get 0, 1 or 2 first round picks. They are currently drafting 14th and their own pick is protected up until 18th. The Pelican's pick is the kicker and they need them to make the playoffs so that pick falls 15+.

Best case scenario they have something like 15th and 18th pick and they can easily get Turner from me. It could also go the wrong way and their best pick be 38th. They could also end up with something like 15 and 38 if both teams miss the playoffs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »