Home

NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remasters

This is a discussion on NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remasters within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Most Anticipated Sports Games of 2023
Five Ways EA Sports PGA Tour Can Improve Golf Career Modes
Undisputed Early Access Impressions - Coming for the Belt

Old 01-10-2022, 11:56 AM   #401
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remasters

Rookie Summit - Game 2

For game 2 we will focus on the USA team here is the rundown.

Stock Up

Cody Pierce
Cody absolutely stole the show and came in as a top 5 pick. The physical freak couldn't be stopped in the pick and roll. We are going to come back and talk more in depth about his skills in another article. He is now the favorite to go 1st overall. People his size aren't supposed to move like that.

Jeff Hornacek
Improved his stock some and just let the game come to him and put up a nice stat line. He is going to be a starting 2 guard in the league for a long time.

Ron Harper
Tems could end up fighting over him despite not being a scorer. He proved that he is the best defense player in the class even having 5 steals in game 1. At 6'6 can play and defend so many positions making him very versatile.

Scott Skiles
He showed off his defense with 3 steals and hit some open 3's. He will go in the lottery

Stock Down

Mark Price
They were a lot of G's on the USA team and Mark was a non-factor not scoring in 25 minutes. He will be fine long term and did manage 5 assists.

Editors Note
The rosters were not exactly the same from the 1st game. It looks it must be auto generated on who makes the game. I also won a game so my skills are getting better.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2050653083
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2022, 05:43 PM   #402
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Editors Note
The rosters were not exactly the same from the 1st game. It looks it must be auto generated on who makes the game. I also won a game so my skills are getting better.
LOL at your editor's note. I can relate on both fronts

Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty involving the '92-93 Hornets and my CHoops coach. Had a blast for 5 seasons before 2K killed it.
Old 01-10-2022, 05:55 PM   #403
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Which Stars Can Indiana Trade For This Offseason?

We know Indiana has a goal sent down from the owner to bring in 2 new starter level players this offseason. Below we will look at 7 possible names that it would make realistic sense for them to go after. We will also take a look at their current trade pieces and who is projected to be brought back.

Building Blocks
SG / SF - Chris Durate (78 ovr)
G - Malcom Brogdon (82 ovr)
PG T.J McConnell (81 ovr)
C - Isaiah Jackson (73 ovr)

Durate is a lock to be back currently averaging 15 a game during his rookie year. Teams will ask about Brogdon, but Indiana wants to keep him. He does a lot of different things well and his value could have slipped some after this year. He might be better suited to start at SG instead of PG. McConnell has recently returned and he is the type of player GM Bubba Davis loves. A hard-nosed defender, playmaker and hustler. His overall grade and trade value is a lot higher than you might project. Him anchoring the 2nd unit is the plan.

Trade Assets
PF Domantis Sabonis - 3.5* trade value
C Myles Turner - 2.5* trade value
SF Cedi Osmon - 2* trade value
SF - Isaac Okoro - 2.5* value
T.J Warren - via sign and trade

Sabonis and Turner would be the main pieces needed and everyone knows about them by now. T.J Warren will not just accept a sign and trade to any team so it would have to be the right choice for him to agree.

Indiana wants to keep 1 from Osmon or Okoro and obviously would prefer to keep Okoro. He is younger with more potential and under control for 2 more years. Osmon is on a expiring deal so he is the logical choice to be added to a trade where salaries need to match. Most of the players below make about 10 million more then Turner / Sabonis. Osmon is decent bench player, but Indiana may just want the cap space to sign someone in FA for what they would pay him.

Draft Picks - Trading Back ?
Indiana currently has the 6th worst record in the league after jumping past the Kings. This means they could easily slide back to 8th or 9th. The Cavs have been playing well lately and it looks like they will get the 4th-6th seed. So that pick should convey and be in the 18 to 24 range.

Even though Bubba has a history of trading up in the draft that's not expected to be the case this year. It's more likely Indiana trades back then up in this draft. The thought process would be trade back a handful of picks and still be able to get a player to help out the 2nd unit. Pick up a extra 1st round pick and then use that pick with Turner or Warren in a trade. A team like Boston could want to move up to draft a PG to stabilize things like Scott Skiles or Mark Price.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name Ben Simmons
2022 Stats 13-8-9 on 60/18/60 shooting
Team Outlook Current 10th seed
Overall - Badges - Trade Value 83 ovr- 29 badges - 3*
Notes He came back after not getting traded at the deadline and they have got worse and may miss the playoffs. He is a lock to get traded this summer. Indiana could use him at the 4 with his versatile defense and ball handling. It would probably have to be a 3-way trade as Philly doesn't need a big.

Name Jaylen Brown
2022 Stats 22-7-4 on 47/37/75 shooting
Team Outlook Current 8th seed
Overall - Badges - Trade Value 85 ovr - 23 badges - 3.5*
Notes The least likely to get traded as Boston will likely give the J's another year. Sabonis and Brown do have very similar overalls and age so would they be interested in a swap? Does a starting 5 of rookie pg-Smart-Tatum- Sabonis - Robert Williams make them any better for the next few years?

Name Kristops Porzingis
2022 Stats 15-8-2 on 40/34/85 shooting (out for season)
Team Outlook Current 8th seed with lots of meh contracts
Overall - Badges - Trade Value 79 ovr - 9 badges
Notes A disaster season for him so I guess you now have to consider him a negative contract as he makes 33 million next year. He is out for the season with a Patella injury so he wouldn't be moved till that heals and we see progression. Indiana could probably find a way to get him and still keep Turner. Dallas may just decide to trade him for a expiring contract.

Name Brandon Ingram
2022 Stats 20-5-5 on 48/39/87 shooting
Team Outlook Current 10th seed
Overall - Badges - Trade Value 3.5*
Notes He had a productive year, but with Zion out and Jonas making the all-star. They might not even make the play in tournament. His wing scoring would be welcome. It would take more than Turner to get him and they don't need Sabonis. They have to win next year or Zion may demand a trade.

Name Dejounte Murray
2022 Stats 17-8-6 on 42/31/80 shooting
Team Outlook Current 12th seed - Will have top 10 pick - Needs size
Overall - Badges - Trade Value 3*
Notes San Antonio desperately needs to add a starting caliber 4 and 5 this year if they want to make the playoffs. They have so many G's and small wings Primo and Tre Jones didn't even get minutes this year. A swap for say Turner and a 1st would benefit for both teams. A trio of Murray, Brogdon, Durate and Murray would be deep and productive on both ends of the floor.

Name Pascal Siakam
2022 Stats 16-7-4 on 46/33/84 shooting
Team Outlook Current 12th seed - Top 10 pick.
Overall - Badges - Trade Value 84 ovr - 22 badges - 3*
Notes Toronto needs to figure out if they are trying to win next year. They have a big hole at C so you have to think that's where they go in the top 10 since this class is deep. If Siakam becomes available for say Turner + Okoro + Draft Pick he would be welcomed in Indiana with his versatile defense and solid offense.

Name DeAron Fox
2022 Stats 19-4-8 on 43/30/72 shooting
Team Outlook Current 13th seed - top 8 pick
Overall - Badges - Trade Value 3*
Notes Awful season and they clearly have to many G's with all 4 big names still on the team. They need up upgrade at frontcourt at a bigger wing. A swap for Sabonis might work straight up. Indiana would have the defense to make up for that side of the ball. One issue is that he only shoot 30% from 3. Fox would give you the #1 scorer you need.

Old 01-10-2022, 06:08 PM   #404
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

My skill level isn't the best so I'm not going to win every game. But I'll hold my own and win a good chunk of them. I've struggled greatly so far, but it looks like I'm heading in the right direction. My shooting is the main thing that's off.

I had edited a bunch of the lesser-known guys to other countries ahead of time that way they would get the exposure. After like the 4th attempt I just said I guess this will have to work. I really wanted to test out Rodman so maybe I'll get lucky when I play the 3rd game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
LOL at your editor's note. I can relate on both fronts

Old 01-10-2022, 06:08 PM   #405
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Of those stars, you'd probably want at least 2 of them to compete for a title, unless you plan to get some next season or to get a stud in the draft.

Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty involving the '92-93 Hornets and my CHoops coach. Had a blast for 5 seasons before 2K killed it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2022, 08:53 PM   #406
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Of those stars, you'd probably want at least 2 of them to compete for a title, unless you plan to get some next season or to get a stud in the draft.
I have my main goal next year set for top 6 seed then the year after to make the eastern conf finals.

Yea I would like to bring in 2 of them this offseason, but like with the mid season trade I will not force it. Iím going to have to sacrifice something bc the players that can play defense canít shoot. I know to get two of them Iím likely going to have to move off both sabonis and turner. I guess I could trade my top 10 pick, but Iíve got my eye on way to many rookies lol

The 2 people will need to be a PG then some kind of versatile big. The PG will be easy as fox and Murray there teams can easily replace them. The issue is finding the other person to pair with them. As I type this I may have found the perfect guy who wasnít on my list.

How the draft lottery shakes out will be big as someone is going to get the #1 big which is a monster. They are a lot of guys in that mid 1st range that overalls arenít all that high. But I think will make key role players or at the very least fun to use.

Old 01-11-2022, 06:52 PM   #407
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

2021 / 2022 Award Winners

Old 01-12-2022, 11:49 AM   #408
All Star

georgiafan's Arena