Home

Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated

This is a discussion on Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2022, 01:04 PM   #25
MVP

infamyice's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2022, 01:05 PM   #26
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Old 02-09-2022, 01:05 PM   #27
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Old 02-09-2022, 01:06 PM   #28
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Old 02-09-2022, 01:08 PM   #29
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Old 02-09-2022, 01:09 PM   #30
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Old 02-09-2022, 01:10 PM   #31
MVP

infamyice's Arena

BLU VS CANADA: ROUND 1

The Seattle Storm just came off a big win, upsetting the Atlanta Dream while on the road. Not only was it a huge marginal win, it was Khyri's best game to date. The whole second half of the game had her name all over it. Needed a bucket? She got it. Needed a board? she took it. Need a steal or pass, she was your girl. Khyri was on point, and much to the head coach, she gave her the nod.

Both teams showed respect to each other and amongst themselves before making their way back to the locker rooms. One person in particular who didn't share the love with Khyri was Jordin Canada, Storm's 2nd string PG and sixth woman. As Khyri entered the locker room, she saw Jordin at her booth and took the opportunity to approach her about her "stiffness".

"Hey Jordin, got a second?" Jordin looks over her shoulder, eying down Khyri coldly. What do you want?" "I want to know what's your problem?" "Excuse me?" Jordin inquired disgustingly. "I took notice of you, how you been shading me these past few games-" 'Shading you?" "Yes. You out there on the floor looking my way then passing the opposite when you clearly see that I'm open. And then when you finally do, you set me with bad shots. You jump in my path for boards, you don't set screens when I call for you-" "Whoa, whoa, hold up. First of all, you need to stay in a rookie's place, okay? You're not even a month in the league and you already acting like you some big shot. You don't approach me like that-" "I'm not trying to approach you like that, I'm trying to play team ball and win." "If that's the case, then you know your role and play it. I'm the 6th woman around here, I run the 2nd unit as I see fit. You on the floor with me, you follow my lead." "Seriously? You letting that ego go to your head and you're not even starting? I may be new around here, but you won't disrespect me."

Jordin jumps out of her chair into Khyri's face as a couple teammates took the initiative to intervene. "Alright, cool you two. " Jewell jumps in. "We're in the middle of a road tour, we don't need that hostility. Get your **** together and focus on what matters." Both Jordin and Khyri shot looks at each other just as the head coach and Sue Bird walked in the locker room. "What's going on here? Coach Hemphill sternly asked. "Nothing coach, just a friendly discussion. Right rookie?" Jordin says, still piercing into Khyri. "Right." Khyri complied. After a moment, Khyri walked off to her both, sitting next to Katie Lou. "Talk about a bad attitude." Katie Lou says discreetly to Khyri. "Tell me about it." "I'm glad someone stepped up and said something. But it should've been you." "What do you mean?" "Well, like she said, you're the rookie. Don't take it the wrong way, but there's a system here like any job. She outranks you and me." "I'm sorry Katie, I can't follow that mindset. A coach, a manager, I get that, but us players, we're all in this together. Her play as of late has been cocky. You know she took 70% of the shots in third quarter back in New York?" "Wow, you must be really good at math" Katie Lou shot jokingly with Khyri. "A little, but statistics help shows what everyone is doing sometimes." "Yeah, I get it. You know, if you asked me, you'd make a better sixth than her. You played well tonight. You basically owned the second half" Katie Lou fist bumps Khyri arm. "Thanks. I'm just doing my part and I just want to win."

"That competitive spirit, I love it." Sue Bird interrupts. "Oh my gosh! How long you've been standing there?" Both Katie and Khyri was startled as they all let out a laugh. "Long enough. Hey, Khyri, good game tonight. You did well." "Thanks m'am, I really appreciate that." "M'am? I know I'm getting old, but don't be so formal." "How can I not be? You're the legendary Sue Bird!" Sue firms her lips with a smile and waves, "yep, that's me! But just call me Sue. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you good game, and I expect you two in the gym early tomorrow. We got a big game Sunday with the Sparks. Don't let their record fool you, so come ready to work." "I'll be there bright and early!" Khyri says with enthusiasm, getting jittery. "Yeah, I'll be there too" "Good, I'll see you then."

As Sue walked off across the locker, both Khyri and Katie looked at each other with excitement. All was nice, considering Sue was showing a bit of favoritism on surface, but prying eyes of envy lurked behind them...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2022, 01:10 PM   #32
MVP

infamyice's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »