Home

Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated

This is a discussion on Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2022, 01:29 PM   #49
MVP

infamyice's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Undrafted: Underrated x Underestimated

Old 02-09-2022, 01:30 PM   #50
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Old 02-09-2022, 01:31 PM   #51
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2022, 01:31 PM   #52
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Old 02-09-2022, 01:33 PM   #53
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Old 02-09-2022, 01:34 PM   #54
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Old 02-09-2022, 01:35 PM   #55
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2022, 01:35 PM   #56
MVP

infamyice's Arena

MENTOR & THE MENTEE: THE TORCH SHALL BE PASSED

With their recent win over Atlanta, the Seattle Storm made their way back home to host the Minnesota Lynx next week. Not much more between now and then except a lot of practice. Breanna Stewart made her way back into light practice, though still not cleared to play. Katie Lou took the initiative to study the game under her. Meanwhile the legend, Sue Bird, utilized her time training Khyri, Jordin, and Jewell. Things were going smoothly as the team were bogging down these last five weeks of the season.

"Good workout Khyri, Jordin. You guys are making progress. Keep this up, you two will make a duo to be reckoned with" Sue jokes. "Yeah, don't bet on it." "Come on, don't be like that J.C., you been giving Khyri gripe since day one. Give that a rest, please." "Whatever, I'm out of here. See ya'." Sue and Khyri watched her make her exit. Sue couldn't grasp the issue between the two as their beef steady simmers. "I don't know what's gotten into her, Khyri." "Has she always been like this?" "Honestly, no. But ever since I stopped mentoring and training with her on a personal level, she became her own beast." "You two had a fall out or something?" "Well, yeah, but it was nothing major." Sue responds as she think back on it. "Well, don't dwell on it, I'm not." "I'm telling you Khyri, that attitude of hers is going to stomp her potential so much. She can be so tiring sometimes." "She has to learn one way or the other."

"Speaking of which, I got something I want to share with you." Khyri's interest was piqued as to what Sue had to say. "What's up?" "Well, the WNBA is a short season, but basketball for us doesn't stop. We play here, we play overseas, recreational, you know, we do all sorts of stuff on and off the court. But I'm looking to slow down." "Slow down? What you mean?" "I'm saying I'm retiring after the season." Khyri took a moment to process what was unvealed to her. It was a bit of a shocker as Sue Bird was her all-time favorite WNBA player, her inspiration to being a ball player. "Wow... I can't believe it. I mean, congrats on your decision, I just wasn't expecting it." "Of course, It really was a hard decision to come to. I still want to play, but now looking at everything I've done, I just want to spend time with my family now. Slow down my pace, try new avenues." "Yeah, I get that." Khyri tried hiding her bit of grief. "Hey, what's wrong?" "Oh, nothing. It's just, taking in a lot. I've been learning so much from you, dealing with Jordin, the games, the road, now this. Just a bit much to process for my first year." "I know, but trust me, you really got the hang of it. You're surrounded by a great staff that takes care of all of. I'm not gone yet, so whatever you need to learn, I'll do my best" Sue says with a huge smile. "I wanna learn everything!" Khyri retorted following with a chuckle. "Seriously, Sue, you've been amazing to me since I got here. Time has flown by so quickly and I wish my time with you could be longer. I'm truly blessed to have had an opportunity to be mentored by one of the all-time greats and my all-time favorite." "Girl, now you're just trying to butter me up" Sue laughs. "But I'll still be around. I know you're contract situation, so, should you want to re-sign with the team, you'll always have me in the gym and courtside." "Thanks Sue, that means a lot to me." "Trust me girl, you got this. The way you've been playing lately, you're bound to take my job sooner or later, Buuut, you'll have to work your butt off for it." "Me? Against Sue Bird?" Khyri ponders on it for a bit. "I'm liking that challenge." Khyri eyes begins to light up fantasizing her dream match. "I see that idea is running wild in your mind" Sue jokes. "How about this. We get back to winning. We make the playoffs. We go all the way, and I'll get you a one-on-one with Sue Bird." Khyri eyes opened wide as she sarcastically gasp. "It's a deal!!"

The two laughed as they carried on their conversation. Sue with 18 years under her belt. A four-time WNBA champion, 11-time all-star and 3-time assist leader. Sue done almost everything except win MVP and Finals MVP. Sue was winning since high school and it showed in her pedigree. But as the sun sets on Sue's time, it shall rise once again in Khyri. Khyri had everything you can ask for in a player's ability to be the next big superstar. It was only a matter of time...

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »