Home

Thunder Up! Rebuild in OKC [NBA 2k22]

This is a discussion on Thunder Up! Rebuild in OKC [NBA 2k22] within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2022, 12:40 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Thunder Up! Rebuild in OKC [NBA 2k22]

Is it just me, I feel like your schedule to open the season has been really tough. Hard to learn on the fly when you keep battling all these great teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2022, 06:24 PM   #42
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Thunder Sting Hornets in Charlotte as SGA Carries Team Down the Stretch

Billed as SGA vs. LaMelo by the media, the two young point guards battled all night long.

Ball missed his first couple triples of the game but late in the 1st quarter was able to snake around two screens to free himself for this left corner three to get his offensive game going.

Shai was aggressive early, drawing two quick fouls on LaMelo Ball. On the next possession, Miles Bridges went under a screen and he made him pay as he buried this three from the top of the key.

With LaMelo on the bench in early foul trouble, SGA picked on his backup Isaiah Thomas, bullying his way to the rack and to the line throughout the first quarter.

While it took Ball until the 2nd half to get going, Miles Bridges paced the Hornets early and kept them in it. On this one, he received a lob from Gordon Hayward, finished with authority and got a quick pull-up in for good measure.

Josh Giddey got in the action as well as he drove past Terry Rozier on the baseline. As Mason Plumlee came down the lane to challenge, the rookie wiseley used the rim as a shield and finished with a nice reverse scoop.

This play was when the OKC faithful realized that Shai would not be denied as he took on both Montrezl Harrell and LaMelo Ball in the lane, rose up and finished with a two-hand slam for authority. From that moment on, Coach Daignault knew he was riding him every possession for the rest of the game. Coach D would be rewarded with his first win of the season after Gilgeous-Alexander buried a game-sealing triple (pictured at the top of the post) putting the Hornets away for good!
Old 06-03-2022, 08:37 PM   #43
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Thunder Up! Rebuild in OKC [NBA 2k22]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzz
Is it just me, I feel like your schedule to open the season has been really tough. Hard to learn on the fly when you keep battling all these great teams.

Definitely been a tough schedule, and to make it even worse, all but 1 (until this Charlotte game) were at home! So while we are taking our lumps, we are wasting precious home games that would hopefully give us some boost playing in front of our home crowd.

Knowing what I know now and how to run plays, freelance sets, etc. there’s no doubt we would definitely have beaten the Spurs if we were to play them right now. The rest of the games, ehhhh…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by R1zzo23; 06-03-2022 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-05-2022, 10:28 PM   #44
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Bam Orchestrates Blowout Win Over Thunder

The Thunder planned on targeting Tyler Herro early and often in the game and Josh Giddey was the main beneficiary en route to his 20 points. First it was on a post up…

…then on a blow by drive…

…and finally on a fade to the corner for an open jumper.

Jimmy Butler did most of his damage off of movement without the ball with most of his buckets being uncontested at the rim like this one-handed slam.

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander did all he could to keep the Thunder in it including this monster dunk with Bam Adebayor and PJ Tucker trailing him without any hope of stopping him.

Giddey also did his best to distribute, this time finding Shai darting to the corner for a rhythm mid-range jumper.

Victor Oladipo was aggressive (yet inefficient) in this one and hit this sweet floater in the lane fading away from the undersized Tre Mann.

As much as Tyler Herro got picked on throughout the game, he got the last laugh with this bomb three-pointer late in the game, letting it hang for all of OKC to see.
Old 06-05-2022, 11:06 PM   #45
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

I noticed the assist difference is 30 to 12. Are your guys just not finishing the looks they get, or something else?

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2022, 09:27 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

Congrats on the first win against Charlotte. Looked like a fun duel. But, man, another tough one against the Heat in Miami
Old 06-06-2022, 08:37 PM   #47
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
I noticed the assist difference is 30 to 12. Are your guys just not finishing the looks they get, or something else?
So currently we are running a 4-out freelance set with some other random plays sprinkled in as well as some P&R calls. Typically, our buckets are coming off of straight drives without much ball movement. On the P&R, the only assists come off of hitting the roll man. There aren't many kick out opportunities and the rare ones we do have result in missed jumpers due to poor shoots or poor user control lol. It's definitely taking some time to learn these jump shots for everyone but I feel every game I'm getting a bit better at them.

Weird that now that we are running a freelance set that our assists are way down compared to when I was just running P&R or calling specific plays for a player at the beginning of the year.

Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzz
Congrats on the first win against Charlotte. Looked like a fun duel. But, man, another tough one against the Heat in Miami
Thanks man! That win against Charlotte made the previous eight losses all worth it! I was so hyped down the stretch of that game when we were actually executing and finishing the game strong. The game in Miami was a dose of reality that we aren't as good as we think. I was nervous about winning that Hornets game because we came out hot to start against the Heat and my fear was that I was learning the game too quickly and would find myself winning too soon...but clearly that is not the case!
Old 06-06-2022, 10:47 PM   #48
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

That makes sense with more of an iso offense.

Perhaps try running Floppy for SGA, Mann, or Dort? I find that I can get good looks at three about half the time off of a Floppy action. In 2K20, Floppy is one of the quick plays that are run easily, I am not sure about 2K22.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »