Home

Is Arthur Abraham at the same level as Pavlik?

This is a discussion on Is Arthur Abraham at the same level as Pavlik? within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2008, 11:36 AM   #1
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Is Arthur Abraham at the same level as Pavlik?

A little while ago I was arguing with this total moron on youtube who has been trolling every pavlik video saying that King Arthur is amazing and would kick Pavlik's pants etc.

now he used Arthur's victory over miranda as proof since more than half of the fight Arthur had a broken jaw, and still won. I can respect that ...BUTTT
Pavlik knocked his ace out!, and didn't get his jaw broken in the first place!
Now i haven't followed Abraham's career at all, but maybe OS'ers like PK and Jaybee and Ahobert know more about him - is he actually a legit match for Pavlik? Do any of you think he could actually beat him? Because of this youtube guy, I have developed a bit of hate for arthur since his fan base speaks volumes about his quality....or maybe not, but it's too late for me to not hate him at least for now.

Also, does anyone think any of pavlik/abraham, calzaghe/pavlik or calzaghe/abraham is LIKELY?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Is Arthur Abraham at the same level as Pavlik?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
A little while ago I was arguing with this total moron on youtube who has been trolling every pavlik video saying that King Arthur is amazing and would kick Pavlik's pants etc.

now he used Arthur's victory over miranda as proof since more than half of the fight Arthur had a broken jaw, and still won. I can respect that ...BUTTT
Pavlik knocked his ace out!, and didn't get his jaw broken in the first place!
Now i haven't followed Abraham's career at all, but maybe OS'ers like PK and Jaybee and Ahobert know more about him - is he actually a legit match for Pavlik? Do any of you think he could actually beat him? Because of this youtube guy, I have developed a bit of hate for arthur since his fan base speaks volumes about his quality....or maybe not, but it's too late for me to not hate him at least for now.

Also, does anyone think any of pavlik/abraham, calzaghe/pavlik or calzaghe/abraham is LIKELY?
Abraham is a legit opponent. Despite his lopsided points victory under difficult circumstances over Miranda it was a tough fight. But hold off any Pavlik-Abraham opinions because......:::
NEWS FLASH NEWS FLASH NEWS FLASH

Abraham- Miranda To Square Off June 21st at 166 LBS!!!!

REMATCH
Old 04-18-2008, 02:45 PM   #3
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

I have seen a bunch of Abraham's fights. Is he on Pavlik's level? No. But is he a good fighter? No question.

Anything can happen in one fight, so Abraham could beat anyone, but he is nothing more than a good fighter. He is not a bum as some would say, and not an ATG as others would say.

But regardless, Abraham fights are fun to watch because he has a good chin, throws a lot of punches, and more importantly, eats a lot of punches.

It will be a great rematch!
Old 04-18-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
I have seen a bunch of Abraham's fights. Is he on Pavlik's level? No. But is he a good fighter? No question.

Anything can happen in one fight, so Abraham could beat anyone, but he is nothing more than a good fighter. He is not a bum as some would say, and not an ATG as others would say.

But regardless, Abraham fights are fun to watch because he has a good chin, throws a lot of punches, and more importantly, eats a lot of punches.

It will be a great rematch!
Me too-really looking forward to this one. Would like to see Jermain Taylor go up against Mirandi too.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:59 PM   #5
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Me too-really looking forward to this one. Would like to see Jermain Taylor go up against Mirandi too.
I like Miranda, I really do, and I think he and Taylor is a good matchup. I do not want to see Miranda against an elite fighter until he gets more victories. Honestly, Miranda reminds of a crappier version of Tyson...he is fun and exciting to watch...but when he fights an elite fighter, he has way too many weaknesses that his chances to win, barring a lucky punch, are slim to none.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »