Home

Total Punch Controls for Demo

This is a discussion on Total Punch Controls for Demo within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2009, 06:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Total Punch Controls for Demo

TPC is better the round 3, hooks and uppercuts are a pain to have work 100% of the time, meaning if I throw a uppercut I won't get a hook and that what's been happening on my end, some guys are better then others are, my pops liked the last fight night, not so much the parry, but he can't even get the uppercuts to work, his attention span is not that long, and before long he didn't like it and was dissappointed because the made the controls to difficult for him. That a shame because I want my father to play with me.

Last edited by TequILLa; 05-14-2009 at 07:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 06:33 AM   #2
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Total Punch Controls for Demo

I thought the analog control in Round 3 was very intuitive. What did they change?
Old 05-14-2009, 07:10 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I thought the analog control in Round 3 was very intuitive. What did they change?
If you were good at Round 3's analog, this should really affect you. My whole deal is everybody that plays this game is not going spend a lot of time try figure this thing out, some are and some will be good. It's not for everybody in my opinion, Kudos for those who like it
Old 05-14-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

It's a new system and it's taking some getting used to. In the demo there were a few times that I wanted to go to the body, but went to the head instead, but I like the system and enjoyed the demo.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 05-14-2009, 09:36 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 19

Im getting mixed reviews. As expected the people that didn't like it in the last issue of FN dont like it in this one. So, hopefully it will be a first day rental, but without a doubt not a buy for me. Nothing in the demo impressions has told me that its any better as a whole.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #6
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmegamer
Im getting mixed reviews. As expected the people that didn't like it in the last issue of FN dont like it in this one. So, hopefully it will be a first day rental, but without a doubt not a buy for me. Nothing in the demo impressions has told me that its any better as a whole.
See i cant make a decision like this until i play it for myself. Its great to get feedback but ultimately i need to try it for myself in the end. Especially when your getting mixed reviews IMO
MLB: Red Sox, Marlins
NHL: Panthers
http://twitter.com/Badboy49er
Old 05-14-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy49er
See i cant make a decision like this until i play it for myself. Its great to get feedback but ultimately i need to try it for myself in the end. Especially when your getting mixed reviews IMO
Exactly. I'm getting a funny feeling that folks just suck right now, lol! We already know that we can adjust stamina depletion, punch acc, speed, etc, through sliders, so it really doesn't mean anything to comment on those aspects at the moment.

I'll get the demo in sec, and see what the real deal is, I dont see it being that bad as people are making it out to be. We'll see.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:32 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 19

It went to rental mode for me as soon as they started taking away features such as the buttons. Rather you use them or not, I think that was questionable to take away something that so many people enjoyed. On the other hand, I would have been so happy, if 2K had kept the 2KCam out of the online play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »