Home

Gripes You Have About Fight Night 4 (Don't Mention Lack of Buttons)

This is a discussion on Gripes You Have About Fight Night 4 (Don't Mention Lack of Buttons) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15
Gripes You Have About Fight Night 4 (Don't Mention Lack of Buttons)

I know the game isn't out yet, and there are things that are going to be tweaked, but what are some of the things you've noticed in the demo that annoy you and most likely won't be fixed?

Knock Downs - Ref actually counts to 10, but since the fighter rises to his feet at the last second, the fight continues.

Tale of the Tape - Would add so much to the presentation...no reason it shouldn't be in the game

Add on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Gripes You Have About Fight Night 4 (Don't Mention Lack of Buttons)

Potentially (since I havent played full version).

- too many punches
- presentation (decisions, ring intros not being drawn out)
- no info on Legacy Mode (c'mon already!)
- the delayed response when throwing punches. I can throw jab, jab, hook, haymaker, and it seems the game is about .5 secnod to a full second behind me
- I cant effing get up when i get knocked down. Tough mini game

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #3
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

^^^ its tons of info on legacy mode, you just have to dig also EA just didnt do a blog about it and release the info officially but do any game speak on these modes really???

Pimp, maybe with the ref awr slider jacked up(speaking about offline) the ref wont be so forgiving???

My gripes are

the presentation
Lack of feints
Lack of footwork
Also the ability to move your head and feet simultanously but that hasnt been done in a fighting game yet(atleast the many ive played)

Despite those gripes, I loved FNR2(didnt play 3) which basically had the same problems....

I think raising the speed in sliders will give me that FNR2 feel again but I also can lower the stamina so it wouldnt be so fast, punch output will delete the slug fest that I hated in FNR2...Power, toughness and damage is something im goin to have to figure out to counter my low stamina rate but at the same time I want the punches to have a uuuff and take damage unlike the demo...man I cant wait for the 25th!!!! Not to mention we will have a steller legacy mode

Oh yea and buttons!!!

Lol

Last edited by Jukeman; 06-10-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

*looks at thread title*

Lack of buttons.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #5
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Potentially (since I havent played full version).

- too many punches
I think this can be fixed with sliders, though I'm not excusing it.
- presentation (decisions, ring intros not being drawn out)
Yeah, the decisions plain suck! I think ring intros are more drawn out judging from what I saw in the CAB footage.
- no info on Legacy Mode (c'mon already!)
- the delayed response when throwing punches. I can throw jab, jab, hook, haymaker, and it seems the game is about .5 secnod to a full second behind me
- I cant effing get up when i get knocked down. Tough mini game
I dunno, I can get up with no problem. In fact, my 14 year old cousin was able to get up the first time he got knocked down without ever doing the tutorial or me telling him what to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
^^^ its tons of info on legacy mode, you just have to dig also EA just didnt do a blog about it and release the info officially but do any game speak on these modes really???

Pimp, maybe with the ref awr slider jacked up(speaking about offline) the ref wont be so forgiving???
I think the ref awareness slider only refers to if they notice illegal blows.

My gripes are

the presentation
Lack of feints
Lack of footwork
Also the ability to move your head and feet simultanously but that hasnt been done in a fighting game yet(atleast the many ive played)

Despite those gripes, I loved FNR2(didnt play 3) which basically had the same problems....

I think raising the speed in sliders will give me that FNR2 feel again but I also can lower the stamina so it wouldnt be so fast, punch output will delete the slug fest that I hated in FNR2...Power, toughness and damage is something im goin to have to figure out to counter my low stamina rate but at the same time I want the punches to have a uuuff and take damage unlike the demo...man I cant wait for the 25th!!!! Not to mention we will have a steller legacy mode

Oh yea and buttons!!!

Lol
Good points!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Right now I'm practicing bobbing and weaving trying not to use the block button at all. Coming along pretty well, but not the majority of the time.

With that being said, the only gripe I have so far, is that it seems like jabs are magnetized to your face, lol. Doesn't seem as open as round 3 when dodging away from a punch.

Now, I am fully aware that punches now track you (unlike Rnd3), so that you cant sit in the lean position and not get hit (great addition by the way), but.......(follow me precisely here folks), but........once a punch is thrown, there is NO way it should follow my weave movement. The jabs are currently doing just that. Following my boxers head AFTER the punch has been thrown. Thats just not possible.

I'm hoping that this is just in the demo. You have to have extreme attention to detail to notice this ****, but believe me, its there. Theres like a millisecond delay(on the weave side of things), or a millisecond too fast(on the jab side) in there somewhere and I'm being hit by jabs that In all actuality I've already dodged.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

I just hope there will be an auto "get up from knockdown" option.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:32 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hmmmm...

- Lack of weight management in Legacy mode. This is the one thing the BR games will still have over the FN series. Giving your fighter a proper diet is a game within itself.

- ESPN license is still being underutilized.

- Don't really care for the new get-up game. It's cool, but the old one was perfectly fine, and I think it gave a better indication of how hurt your fighter is.

- There's some other career mode stuff that I have gripes about, but I'm holding judgement until the final version drops.

- The way EA's PR has handled this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »