Home

Fight Night Round 4 Title Update/Patch and DLC

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 Title Update/Patch and DLC within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-28-2009, 10:52 AM   #81
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Fight Night Round 4 Title Update/Patch and DLC

In WC heavyweights you can't toss 100 punches a round and you have to box. At the same time fighters wear down quicker in ranked matches...something to do with the stat leveling I think. My worst (cheesiest) fight was Mid. Weight WC mode against I high level cheeser who tossed six to seven punches, rested and did it again. On top of that his body hooks rattled my controller and I still don't know why. Pre-patch only haymakers did that.

It's still an improvement my block meter doesn't wear down like it used to and head butts and low blows are punished. Definitely more sim. I had lost ten straight before the patch, half DQ's on my part because I didn't want to deal with the BS and I wanted to quit without getting a DNF or giving them a KO. I was 4-1 or 5-2 yesterday I think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #82
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
It does seem punch accuracy has lessened quite a bit, the jab seems a tad faster and weaving isn't as fool proof. Several times since the patch I've landed jabs and uppercuts on a guy in mid weave.
Punch accuracy has lessened due to the slider.

After the first DLC, the Accuracy slider was maxed.

When I went in yesterday, it's set to 8 (2 clicks from max).

I can only assume, online just uses the sliders at their defaults underneath it all.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #83

OVR: 34

I stand corrected. The patch is working in WC mode. I wasn't paying much attention to the blocking meter, but when I did I was able to survive longer. I am now holding off my punches, trying to move and counter. In doing so, I won all but one fight out of 4 this afternoon. It's in the 5th round where I start seeing things shift. If you keep your stamina in tact, you will dominate from that point on.

My stamina isn't draining like before, so I can now give my health more points. It's still not boxing though. However, it is when you fight a spammer. Personally, I think they shouldn't last 3 rounds, but it's ok. Just don't ever expect to have a fight with these people. Of course, I guess we never did to begin with.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #84
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I stand corrected. The patch is working in WC mode. I wasn't paying much attention to the blocking meter, but when I did I was able to survive longer. I am now holding off my punches, trying to move and counter. In doing so, I won all but one fight out of 4 this afternoon. It's in the 5th round where I start seeing things shift. If you keep your stamina in tact, you will dominate from that point on.

My stamina isn't draining like before, so I can now give my health more points. It's still not boxing though. However, it is when you fight a spammer. Personally, I think they shouldn't last 3 rounds, but it's ok. Just don't ever expect to have a fight with these people. Of course, I guess we never did to begin with.
Thats great to hear DQ. You had me had worried there for a bit. I get what your saying but it sounds like an improvement none the less. Can't wait to back into this now.....come on refurb where are you already!?
Old 08-28-2009, 04:49 PM   #85
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

Dave, you should meet me in WC if you get on. You'd clobber me, but it would be fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #86

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
Dave, you should meet me in WC if you get on. You'd clobber me, but it would be fun.
I doubt it.lol The oddness in all of this is that I have a strong desire to beat these spammers. My WC record is off balance because of them.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #87
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

I can play now if you want. WC or quick. We can do middles in the league.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #88
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

One thing hasn't changed...A-Holes who headbutt when you are stunned are irritating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »