Home

Path to Greatness: FNC (360) GYM

This is a discussion on Path to Greatness: FNC (360) GYM within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2011, 01:41 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Path to Greatness: FNC (360) GYM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renarka
Anytime anyone wants to do a gym fight just toss me a line/send an invite.

I'm renarka on the gym.
One Punch...... Changed the fight! Hopefully I will come back from this. LOL
Old 03-03-2011, 08:59 AM   #74
Pro

OVR: 3

add me to one of these OS gyms please, xbox 360 , kbmnm24
Old 03-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #75
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Had a good fight with VooDoo Child in my first fight. He put me on the seat of my pants in one of the late rounds that sealed my fate. Loving the game, the gym, and the players in the gym so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #76
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

The whole xp setup for Online World Championship and Gym is completely disastrous. I never complain about games like this, but as an online gamer, this is one of the biggest design flaws in recent memory.

Instead of seeing who's the better player, it's a test of who has played the game more or who has paid more money. I honestly don't know how to make it work. I splurged and beefed up my heavyweight with the xp boosts, but now no one will fight me, or when they do, I feel guilty because chances are it's my stats that help me win over my skill. The notion that you have to pay to have any amount of success (unless you want to play a million times and lose) is absurd. There should be a ****ing amount of points everyone gets at the beginning and you spend them as you see fit, like every other game.

When you start OWC or the gym with your created guy, a message pops up talking about how your fighter's stats are being leveled to "put everyone on an even playing field." They couldn't be further from the truth.

Last edited by NYG_Meth; 03-03-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I am so disgusted by online. I am like you Meth, I don't think I have had such a huge issue with a game since UFC2010. The online was literally ruined in 24 hours. You can thank all of it to the design decision like Meth mentioned of either play hundred matches to level up and lose the entire time OR spend more money to by XP.

I am a online gamer and spend 99% of my time playing my xbox, PS3, or PC online. If the online modes are not worth playing because of exploits and serious design issues, well I am seriously thinking of trading it in for Top Spin 4 come March 15.

This Gym feature which we all thought would be sooooo cool because we have our own sliders and tournaments with balanced fighters with different skills and stuff. Well it has turned out to be a complete let down and design problem.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #78
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Just got word about Gym Sliders

Quote:
Just wanted to clarify some communication issues around Online Gym sliders. Users are able to change the following within their Online Gym:

- Number of Rounds

- Round Length

- Saved by the Bell

- Three knockdown rule

However, game play sliders that we've recently stated are in the game are, in fact, not currently in game. This is due to a late change in the game to deal with an online connectivity issue weeks before Final. The team is currently investigating the possibility of adding it back in at a later date, though that has yet to be determined. We apologize for any mis-communication around this feature and will keep you informed as to any update that may be provided.

Let me know if you have any questions and feel free to share with the community.

Community Manager Alain Quinto
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5310899.page

Ok now this is straight up Grade A BullSh**!!!!......Ive lost a lot of respect for Team Brizzo now......people should have been informed of this

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 03-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #79
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Phobia... IM sure We could still have "some" fun with the gym league and all but....this news is a major bummer and I don't know if I'll be as eager to participate in the gym schedule now.........

again Im just really ticked off at how they've baited and switched since the CD and now even a month before the game released their axing features and not telling anybody about it!!!

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 03-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #80
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm thinking we could possibly set something up using unranked fights. We could all create our boxers using a point to be decided upon later. That way we get to play this thing the way it SHOULD be played. Thoughts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »