Home

Boxing videogame campaign, do you want another boxing game?

This is a discussion on Boxing videogame campaign, do you want another boxing game? within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #81
Rookie

ThuggyD55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Boxing videogame campaign, do you want another boxing game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
5 pounds can mean alot against a power puncher. When a boxer comes down in weight the majority of the time they lose something. A boxer moving up exposes himself to a boxer who's comfortable and provides a greater risk than previous opponents.
Boxers who box extremely well have a greater success rate than power punchers moving up against a punchers. Don't get it twisted weight does count.
It doesn't matter that much, where a 5 pound difference is significant. What you mentioned has nothing to do with the weight difference, it was more about people dropping weight. That's a completely different thing. As a boxer I know that when you drop weight, you're going to lose something, and when you move up, you're probably going to fight someone stronger than you, but that's the risk you're taking when you drop and fight someone who is comfortable at that weight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #82
Rookie

lesov's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThuggyD55
It doesn't matter that much, where a 5 pound difference is significant. What you mentioned has nothing to do with the weight difference, it was more about people dropping weight. That's a completely different thing. As a boxer I know that when you drop weight, you're going to lose something, and when you move up, you're probably going to fight someone stronger than you, but that's the risk you're taking when you drop and fight someone who is comfortable at that weight.
Agreed, come on - we all know that all these ridiculous extra weight classes are just there for more belts--more selling. But it might have worked in a past, now everyone has some belt, it is silly and not helping the sport in a any way.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesov
Agreed, come on - we all know that all these ridiculous extra weight classes are just there for more belts--more selling. But it might have worked in a past, now everyone has some belt, it is silly and not helping the sport in a any way.
Bingo.
What's even more ridiculous is that even with all these extra weight classes, we still have catch-weight fights.

I would love for boxing to drop about half of these divisions.
Some are separated by 4 lbs! Do we really need 3 weight divisions between 112 and 118???

Like you said, those 'super' and 'junior' divisions were all introduced to have more belts and allow fighters to duck real challenges.

Just imagine how incredible the Lt.Heavyweight division would be today if it absorbed all the super middleweights?
Or Middleweight absorbing all the jr middle's?

I'm also very much in favor of having fighters weighing in 2 or 3 hours before the fight.
Then guys would fight in their real weight classes. I watched Curtis Stevens some months ago and despite fighting as a middleweight he entered the ring at 174. Dude jumped up 2 weight classes in a 24-hour period.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #84
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Bingo.
What's even more ridiculous is that even with all these extra weight classes, we still have catch-weight fights.

I would love for boxing to drop about half of these divisions.
Some are separated by 4 lbs! Do we really need 3 weight divisions between 112 and 118???

Like you said, those 'super' and 'junior' divisions were all introduced to have more belts and allow fighters to duck real challenges.

Just imagine how incredible the Lt.Heavyweight division would be today if it absorbed all the super middleweights?
Or Middleweight absorbing all the jr middle's?

I'm also very much in favor of having fighters weighing in 2 or 3 hours before the fight.
Then guys would fight in their real weight classes. I watched Curtis Stevens some months ago and despite fighting as a middleweight he entered the ring at 174. Dude jumped up 2 weight classes in a 24-hour period.
You guys will get a boxer killed you can not compare today's boxers or athletes to pass athletes because the boxers are much stronger and some even bigger. The added weight classes has nothing to do with messing up boxing it's the promoters'
Old 11-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #85
Rookie

lesov's Arena

I guess we are way off topic on the original thread. One weight class I would add is super weight. It is sad to have fight classes every 6 pounds below Heavy and then have 200lb guy fight 260lb guy. Yet, even in heavies very few get injured by weight disparity. If weight disparity really had a huge impact on health we would have a ton more sick heavies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 12:52 AM   #86
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
I guess we are way off topic on the original thread. One weight class I would add is super weight. It is sad to have fight classes every 6 pounds below Heavy and then have 200lb guy fight 260lb guy. Yet, even in heavies very few get injured by weight disparity. If weight disparity really had a huge impact on health we would have a ton more sick heavies.
You must not have actually listen to alot of heavyweights talk and be honest with yourself how active is a heavyweight in the ring today beyond the clinching? The heavier Heavies land and destroy or hurt their opponents badly when they do land.
I have been a part of boxing for many years and have seen weight make a difference. I remember when I fought a super heavyweight in an exhibition when I was an amateur boxer in the 90's. The weight difference really mattered. I was a knockout puncher and my punches just dazed this 365 pounder. I weighed 190(Heavyweight amateur).
Now, imagine a heavyweight or any other weight without head gear.

Yes, we will see another boxing game but I wouldn't totally hold my breath with EA right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThuggyD55
I fought too. I was a decorated amateur and I had 3 pro fights. I sparred with a lot of contenders and champs of the 90's.

Last edited by SHAKYR; 11-15-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:29 AM   #87
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
I blame all the different championship organizations more than I blame all the weight classes. Even though I think a few could be eliminated. instead of a 6 pound seperation between them make it maybe a 10 pound difference.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #88
MVP

I definitely want another boxing game. I just definitely don't want EA Canada to do it. They screwed up FN 4 and champion IMO. Wish EA chicago would come back to work on it. For there time, Fight night 1-3 were amazing boxing games, and pretty realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »