Home

Gennady Golovkin vs. Curtis Stevens - November 2nd

This is a discussion on Gennady Golovkin vs. Curtis Stevens - November 2nd within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2013, 02:36 AM   #1
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Gennady Golovkin vs. Curtis Stevens - November 2nd

This one is right around the corner and the war of words has been great. Anyone think Stevens is gonna pull off the upset and take out GGG?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Gennady Golovkin vs. Curtis Stevens - November 2nd

I think if Gennady chose to exchange with Stevens of course he would have a shot to land one of his bomb left hooks, here is the problem. Golovkin has almost 400 fights under his belt between his amatuer & pro career he is one of the most techniacally gifted fighters in the game today. He has seen every style imaginable and has the power in either hand to exploit Steven's weaknesses and end the fight. This will be no more than a tuneup fight for Gennady, he will barely break a sweat against the club level fighter in Stevens. My prediction is KO by Golovkin before the end of Rd 4. Should be fun as long as it lasts!

The Boxing Guru: Boxing Fan for over 50 yrs.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:27 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

I agree. GGG is very seasoned and the real deal. November 2nd should be very painful for Stevens.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 13

I don't even know who Curtis Stevens is, but I assume he's a guy that's about to get knocked out.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:10 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
I don't even know who Curtis Stevens is, but I assume he's a guy that's about to get knocked out.
Probably, but he's got a left hook.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
All Star

Sizzle reel looks good, but we'll have to see. I would like to see someone give Golovkin a serious fight, but thus far he seems to be knocking out all comers with relative ease. It's hard to deny Golovkin looks great, but for some reason he hasn't really captured my attention just yet. I mean, I'll watch all of his fights, but I just don't get that excited about them - maybe because he just pastes guys without breaking a sweat. If he gets involved in a serious war with someone that has equivalent power and/or skill, I think I could get a lot more interested.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:25 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
I mean, I'll watch all of his fights, but I just don't get that excited about them - maybe because he just pastes guys without breaking a sweat. If he gets involved in a serious war with someone that has equivalent power and/or skill, I think I could get a lot more interested.
I wouldn't mind seeing a war but I like power punchers period, war or no war.

GGG is an unconventional boxing character. He says the fight will not go the distance but doesn't know who will get the KO.

Maybe a little too much from Stevens with the coffin and coffin/friends pics. He wanted to take the coffin to the presser but was told he couldn't.

Spoiler

Stevens is not without an intimidation factor.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #8
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I wouldn't mind seeing a war but I like power punchers period, war or no war.

GGG is an unconventional boxing character. He says the fight will not go the distance but doesn't know who will get the KO.
Yeah, I'm with you all the way. I love power-punching action fighters (like most boxing fans, I assume), and so I will watch GGG fight for sure. I mean, I loved watching Tyson way back in the day even though it was obvious most of his fights were going to be 1-2 round KO's, so I guess I don't know what the difference is now w/ GGG. He's exciting at least, which is more than you can say for 99% of the guys out there now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »