Home

EA producers and community Administrators, "Metacritic scores hold weight"

This is a discussion on EA producers and community Administrators, "Metacritic scores hold weight" within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2017, 10:38 AM   #33
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA producers and community Administrators, "Metacritic scores hold weight"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
EA problem has always been they seem to make games for 12-22 year olds. I discussed this numerous times especially when they love to call their games realistic to the sport.
If they did a survey to see the age group on this forum. It would be more adults than teenagers. Operation Sports has shown videogame companies that they older sports fans make a difference in their sales.
FNC was rated M so I dont know how they were marketing to children under 18 with that game. All the UFC games are rated Teen but there is no evidence any of those games have been marketed to children. The main demo for sports games is 18-36. Hayes said as much in the interview you posted.

That doesnt mean that they ignore older demos, it just means they focus on a demo that is more likely to regularly spend money on video games.
Old 10-28-2017, 10:56 AM   #34
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Re: EA producers and community Administrators

Quote:
I know for a fact when I was EA Community Leader for Fight Night Round 4 they never really focused on the true boxing fans when making their boxing videogames.
Well thats different with UFC. In the UFC gamechangers, they have a former MMA fighter and BJJ competitor. They have a guy who has been a student of martial arts (kickboxing/Muay Thai) for over a decade.

They have an MMA nerd (me) who's played every MMA game created and has watched thousands (**** maybe tens of thousands) of MMA fights.

Do the devs agree with every suggestion we give? Hell no but they have given us way more input into the upcoming game than I wouldve expected. I cant wait until I can talk about all of the things weve been permitted to give input on.

I wish that was the case with other games like Madden/NHL etc but it doesnt appear to be the case.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:48 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: EA producers and community Administrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Well thats different with UFC. In the UFC gamechangers, they have a former MMA fighter and BJJ competitor. They have a guy who has been a student of martial arts (kickboxing/Muay Thai) for over a decade.

They have an MMA nerd (me) who's played every MMA game created and has watched thousands (**** maybe tens of thousands) of MMA fights.

Do the devs agree with every suggestion we give? Hell no but they have given us way more input into the upcoming game than I wouldve expected. I cant wait until I can talk about all of the things weve been permitted to give input on.

I wish that was the case with other games like Madden/NHL etc but it doesnt appear to be the case.
I had well over 15 years of boxing knowledge at the time. I even boxed am and pro with 3x Golden Gloves, 3x Diamond Gloves and 3 NJ state titles. This how I knew so many boxers I tried to get on the game. I guess they opened up a little. I saw most of my Fight Night wishlist ideas put in the last two UFC games(still didn't interest me)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2017, 01:53 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
FNC was rated M so I dont know how they were marketing to children under 18 with that game. All the UFC games are rated Teen but there is no evidence any of those games have been marketed to children. The main demo for sports games is 18-36. Hayes said as much in the interview you posted.

That doesnt mean that they ignore older demos, it just means they focus on a demo that is more likely to regularly spend money on video games.
One of the producers clearly said a M rated game doesn't stop kids because Call of Duty sells well to young fanbase.

Last edited by SHAKYR; 10-28-2017 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:36 PM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
One of the producers clearly said a M rated game doesn't stop kids because Call of Duty sells well to young fanbase.
You are arguing against a point im not making. I'm not saying kids cant buy M games. They can if their parent buys it for them. I said that EA isnt actively marketing to people who are 12-18 when it comes to combat sports games.

Last edited by aholbert32; 10-29-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:52 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
You are arguing against a point im not making. I'm not saying kids cant buy M games. They can do if their parent buys it for them. I said that EA isnt actively marketing to people who are 12-18 when it comes to combat sports games.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:13 PM   #39
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
What point are you trying to make with these covers? The combat sports game that you just showed is rated Teen and those covers arent specifically marketing to 12-18 yr olds.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:35 PM   #40
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Those games sucked...Also the Creed game that was somewhat ok was a mobile game. Not to mention the Rocky games were years later when the bad movies were coming out and a new generation of children were playing games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
exactly....not only that creed was a great movie and would have been a perfect tie in for the champion mode. not saying the story they had wasn't good, but if it was based off of a movie franchise with recognizable characters, even better. i actually did a career mode using a created adonis creed and it makes it better for me. the only thing was, i wasn't able to create boxers (from the movie) to use in the mode to have adonis match up against conlan for the title (can't have everything, i guess).

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »