Home

Round4Round Boxing Videogame (Andy Ruiz Jr.)

This is a discussion on Round4Round Boxing Videogame (Andy Ruiz Jr.) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2019, 06:15 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 39
Post Round4Round Boxing Videogame (Andy Ruiz Jr.)

Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances development is taking a little longer that expected, however we are still working hard on the game and will have more updates soon. What are your thoughts on our Andy Ruiz Jr ?

A closer look at Andy Ruiz Jr character model is in the attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1565042050691.jpg (14.5 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1565042061695.jpg (14.4 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1565042070515.jpg (19.7 KB, 73 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2019, 12:58 AM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Round4Round Boxing Videogame (Andy Ruiz Jr.)

Looks decent, can't wait for in-game renders!
Old 08-06-2019, 02:23 PM   #3
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

SHAKYR, is there a possibility that we might see something in motion by the end of the year? I was confident that this team was still working on it, but the lack of information is frustrating.

All the pictures have looked decent enough, but the fight mechanics and locomotion is what matters most. Even a 10-second clip would be awesome -- just anything to give us an idea of what to expect. We've yet to even see boxers in the ring yet. Believe me, I understand the development process is an adventure, especially when starting a project from scratch, so this isn't said to slight the hard work that has been done up to this point.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:43 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
SHAKYR, is there a possibility that we might see something in motion by the end of the year? I was confident that this team was still working on it, but the lack of information is frustrating.

All the pictures have looked decent enough, but the fight mechanics and locomotion is what matters most. Even a 10-second clip would be awesome -- just anything to give us an idea of what to expect. We've yet to even see boxers in the ring yet. Believe me, I understand the development process is an adventure, especially when starting a project from scratch, so this isn't said to slight the hard work that has been done up to this point.
As an indie company the team has to be very careful. The team wasn't sure about putting out renders or character models because first impressions can kill a game on the table.
The team talked about how Don King's Prizefighter left a bad taste in fan's minds and we didn't want to repeat the same scenario. Social media is vicious and the team has to be strategic even if it angers fans who are impatient.
The team is trying to make the best game possible with its budget at the moment. I have seen many good things behind the scenes and when it comes together an incredible game should happen.

Last edited by SHAKYR; 08-06-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:42 PM   #5
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
As an indie company the team has to be very careful. The wasn't sure about putting out renders or character model because first impressions can kill a game on the table.

The talks about how Don King's Prizefighter left a bad taste in fans minds and don't want to repeat the same scenario. Social media is vicious and the team has to be strategic even if it angers fans who are impatient.

The team is trying to make the best game possible with its budget at the moment. I have seen many good things behind the scenes and when it comes together an incredible game should happen.
Understandable. I'll just keep waiting in the meantime. I know that you've been campaigning for the return of videogame boxing for a long time, so reading your positive impressions is a good sign. Knowing a bit about your background, I know that you're pushing for as many simulation elements as possible

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2019, 05:22 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can't wait for Round4Round and Hardknock Nights to drop. Both studios appear to be working hard to bring boxing back.

I appreciate and will be supporting both games.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2019, 10:34 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaChiefs
Can't wait for Round4Round and Hardknock Nights to drop. Both studios appear to be working hard to bring boxing back.

I appreciate and will be supporting both games.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I love two companies are making boxing videogames. It means competition and makes both companies push to make a great game. I'm a sim sports game and boxing fan first.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »