Home

(NFL Head Coach) The 2013 Season And Onwards, Rebuilding The Miami Dolphins

This is a discussion on (NFL Head Coach) The 2013 Season And Onwards, Rebuilding The Miami Dolphins within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2009, 11:54 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: (NFL Head Coach) The 2013 Season And Onwards, Rebuilding The Miami Dolphins

Week 11 at Buffalo

The game started well enough, defense made a stop. Run game stunk, but pass game got into the endzone on the opening drive, Brohm found Vernon Davis. But Jacob Flynn returned the next kickoff for a touchdown 95 yards.

My pass game stayed successful early, another good drive, another TD to Vernon Davis, Brohm was 8-9. All the Bills could amount early was a 51 yard field goal. But after a punt with less than two minutes to go, the Bills passing game opened up.

They quickly got inside the 10 with less than a minute left, and Reuben Love (Rookie QB) threw a 98 yard interception that Arnez Soriano took to the house, making it 21-10 ultimately at the half. (Buffalo would get into field goal range, but poor clock management)

After a rocky end offensively to the half, the early 3rd was no better. Brohm went from 8-9 to 8-16, and the run game showed little progress. He threw a bad INT, but Rob Bironas MISSED a 32 yard field goal.

The pass D continued to give up lots of yards, and it finally payed off for Buffalo. Love found Evans for a TD, making it 21-17. In the late 3rd/early 4th, the Dolphins mixed it up. They tried some option with Chris Essex, and just about everything. The run game started picking up, Jacobs had a few solid carries. And Brohm ended the drive on a 20 yard TD pass to Vernon Davis. 28-17.

Buffalo would pass their way to a 45 yard field goal, giving the Dolphins the ball back with about 5 minutes to go. They ran it as much as they could, but the drive ultimately stalled. Buffalo got it back with about 2:30 on the clock.

They passed down the field with relative ease, and got into the red zone without using timeouts. But with about 1:10 left, Jay Bishop got a sack, making it 3rd and long. The next pass made it 4th and 4 at the 16 yard line, about 55 seconds left at this point, Bills still had all of the timeouts.

And of course, they scored.

Love hit Lee Evans for a 16 yard TD with 50 seconds on the clock. 28-26, now came the ever important two point conversion. They tried a pass, but the Dolphins brought the house and forced an incompletion.

The Bills lost the onside kick, but still had all 3 timeouts, and would get the ball back after more running fail. 32 seconds left at the 25. But the first pass would be a short dumpoff that just killed time. They only were able to do one more play after a spike, and it was a 10 yard-ish completion. Dolpihns win 28-26.

Brohm was 10-18, 170, 3 TD, 1 INT. So solid early but so awful late. Jacobs was 76 yards on 21 carries (3.6), other backs had a total of 16 yards on 7 tries. Davis had all 3 receiving TD.

Love ended up 24-35, 352, 2 TD, 1 INT. WAAAY too many yards given up for my liking. That INT was huge though, saved me ultimately. Flynn was 28 yards on 15 carries. Defensively for me, Mitchell had 11 tackles and a sack, Flowers had 10 tackles, Bishop had 2 sacks.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:30 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 26

Your triangle defence sounds like a similiar variation on the 4-2-5
Old 04-26-2009, 11:48 AM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
Your triangle defence sounds like a similiar variation on the 4-2-5
It kinda is. It generally looks like this

--------------------FS-------------------
-----------------------------------------
--------CB---------MLB--------SS-------
------------OLB----------OLB------------
CB--------DE-------NT-------DE-------CB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #52
MVP

I remain the only unbeaten, the Patriots are right behind me at 9-1.

I'm at the Jets next, then host the Ravens before going to Foxboro in week 14. Somehow, the 49ers (Remember, I left the entire 16-0 team intact) are 5-5, Brees has been AWFUL.

I re-signed Vernon Davis to a contract extension.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:37 PM   #53
MVP

While my game against the Jets on the road was a win (23-21) that game re-affirms a worry I have. I don't know how I will be able to close out a good team.

My run game was SO AWFUL all game. 30 yards, 26 carries. One TD on a QB sneak by Brohm early. Luckily, he was great. 20-24, 302 yards and a TD.

I led 13-0 at the half. Lamont Oden had an INT to set up one of the field goals. Then, my first play of the 3rd quarter was a 70 yard pass to Jamal Binger. (Who ended 8-176-1)

But then the lack of run game hurt. The Jets had a 59 yd TD pass (Kellen Clemens to Greg Jennings) off of blown coverage by Soriano. Then, on a run try, Cletis Parker fumbled, and a defender named Hasty took it 56 yards for a touchdown making it 20-14.

Luckily, my defense was strong for the most part, a series of punts happened. David Thomas fumbled, but they did nothing on it. I got the ball with about 4 minutes, got a first down. Then, on 2nd down and long with about 2:40 left around midfield, I tried a play-action pass.

And it worked.

Binger got it down the middle, and took it inside the 10. The next 3 plays failed, but I was able to get the all important field goal to make it two possessions. They had 1 timeout and about 1:40, it ended up being a 4th down at the 33 yard line and about 30 seconds left. Clemens heaved it to DeSean Jackson and it was out of bounds.

But they reviewed it and called it a TD. It still looked like it was OB to me, but that made it a 2 point game with 24 seconds left. Luckily, I won the onside kick and the game.

Clemens was 12-23, 214, 2 TD, 1 INT, RB Bernard Farms had 46 yards on 19 carries.

But this worries me. I'm 11-0 now, but 4 of my last 5 games were 1 possession games against average-ish teams. The weak schedule and lack of running game might be my downfall.

We'll see how New England goes in week 14 and 16. That's the difference between the #1 seed and the #5.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:40 PM   #54
MVP

Week 13 is the Ravens. All are healthy, Kevin Burnett has returned at OLB.

Ravens are 5-6 with an offense led by 2nd year stud QB Trent Stanton. RB McGahee is hurt, Deuce McAllister is the backup. 3rd year Syndric Johnson (91 OVR) is the main WR with Demetrius Williams. Witten is the tight end, offensive line is just above average.

Decent D-Line led by Ngata, Pat Sims at NT. Mediocre linebackers (All of the names are long gone), Fred Bennett and Leodis McKelvin are solid corners. Ed Reed remains at S.

Random Fun Fact: I looked at my draft history from all 6 years. 62 total picks, two are kickers. But the other 60 are split 30/30 between offense and defense. Whoa.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:28 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 3

I really like ur dynasty I will subscribe to this one.I think u already checked out mine
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039480064

But yea this one is very well put together and i like how much effort u put into it il be here watching the whole thing
Old 04-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #56
MVP

Even though I won this game, this game once again worries me to no end about having any kind of playoff success.

Defense was great all game. My offense was craptastic early in the first, no run game. But twice Leodis McKelvin screwed up coverage (Once tried to jump it, other tried to big hit) which led to a 51 yard TD pass to Binger and a 49 yd TD pass to Arnez Soriano.

I was able to get the ball back with 1:30 in the half, had a few good passes again, and got a 12 yard TD pass from Brohm to Soriano again. With about 35 seconds, my D had a mistake, allowed them to get into field goal range, making it 21-6 at the half. (Earlier, Brohm threw a horrid INT that gave them a free FG)

My run game continued to suck giant testicles, my running backs ended up getting a whopping 7 yards on 14 carries. Brohm fumbled early 3rd, they recovered for a TD to make it 21-13. (4th straight game with a non-standard TD scored by the CPU)

I got to the point where I started using my "Wildcat Gimmick-o Option Super Attack!" with backup QB Chris Essex, switching him and Brohm up. I had decent running numbers with Essex (35 on 9) Essex also threw a TD in the 3rd to David Thomas. After that, the pass attack continued to work, Brohm found Binger for a 19 yd TD, and Essex had a 11 yard running TD making it 42-13.

But of course, my complete and utter failure running allowed me to struggle running out the time. My backup D blew a play allowing Stanton to throw a 50 yard TD. (They ran the General Sanders split back and 4-2-5) and then British Miller (RB for me) fumbled late, and they recovered ANOTHER TD.

42-26 final. But this lack of a run game will be my downfall. If my pass game or D falters, I'm screwed. But now I'm 12-0 now. Brohm was 16-26, 304 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT and a fumble. Essex was 3-5, 43 yards, 1 TD along with 35 rushing and a TD. Binger had 96 yards on 4 catches and 2 TD, and Soriano had 3 catches, 86 yards, 2 TD.

Defensively, Kawika Mitchell and Brandon Flowers each had an INT. Jay Bishop recovered a fumble. Stanton was 20-36, 276, 1 TD, 2 INT. Deuce McAllister only got 5 yards on 12.

And now, my toughest task. Week 14, my first matchup with the 11-1 Patriots. What happens in this series will be the difference between the #1 seed and the #5...

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »