Home

The Coaching Career of James Aldridge (NFL Head Coach 09)

This is a discussion on The Coaching Career of James Aldridge (NFL Head Coach 09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #81
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Coaching Career of James Aldridge (NFL Head Coach 09)

Thanksgiving Against the Titans
Injuries: White, Peterson, Devries and Bowman
This was a rather crucial win, moreso for my approval rating though.
As opposed to last game, the run was crap but the throwing was great; Woodson threw for over 300 yards.
Anyway, we win the toss and decide to receive. We catch the Titans off guard with an early 15 yard run, probably the best of the game. We used some more running (I was giddy with running success) and play action, mixed with some short slants and stuff to score a touchdown. The Titans and their GODLY ST coach returns the kick for a touchdown. Score is 7-7; we are back where we started.
Woodson begins throwing it and picking apart their secondary. However, one sack later we are forced to kick a field goal at the start of the 2nd quarter. Score is 10-7.
The Titans go 3 and out and Woodson gets sacked and we are at 3rd and 17.

Then Calvin Johnson happens:

Woodson is under pressure and tosses the ball his way, into double coverage. Johnson catches the ball, and breaks away for a touchdown. Score is 17-7. After we drill Vince Young 3 times, they decide to punt. We get a 1st down, but get stopped at 4th and 2 and punt it away. We sack them and its the 2:00 warning.
Young scrambles for a 1st down and then they whip out a different QB, who throws it near the goaline. They then whip out Young again. It doesn't matter, they run out of time and are forced to kick a field goal. Score is 17-10 to end the half.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #82
All Star

rdnk's Arena

Although the Titans have a good return, we manage to force a 3 and out. We get a 1st down with a successful play action, and then essentially throw it to the 1 yard line, where Jones (Charles was crap today) runs it in. Score is now 24-10. They have another amazing return and make a great throwing play. They fumble on the next run, but it was overturned (it was a legit overturn, not a garbage one like usual) to end the 3rd.

To begin the 4th,we stop them at the goaline, and they do not convert the 4th down (no FG was a bit surprising). We throw it down the field (the run was crap) and score a touchdown, making it 31-10.
The Titans fumble on their next drive, but Jones fumbles it trying to kill some clock. The run for a 1st down, then convert a 3rd and 1 (by passing? ). Eventually, Young scrambles for like 25 yards and they do a quick toss for a touchdown. Score is now 31-17.

The Titans try an onside kick, but it makes a weird bounce and we recover it around the 50. We run it into the 2:00 warning. The Titans use up their timeouts, but they could not stop our passing game. Eventually, we kneel it and for fun, call a timeout with :01 left, and kick a field goal. Final Score: 34-17.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #83
All Star

rdnk's Arena

Offensive Stats
Woodson: 383 yards, 3 TD, -2 yards on 2 attempts
Charles: 27 yards on 17 attempts
Jones: 18 yards on 11 attempts, 1 TD
Johnson: 210 yards on 11 catches, 2 TD
Williams: 104 yards on 8 catches
Bryant: 40 yards on 3 catches, 1 TD
Kreider: 24 yards on 2 catches
Wilson: 5 yards on 1 catch

HC's Thoughts: The Lions are now 9-3 with 4 games left. We play the Vikings, then the Colts, then the Saints and finally the Packers. I figure if we beat the Vikings (6-6) we are more or less in the playoffs. The Colts are 10-2 and will probably beat us. The Packers a crappy, and hopefully we won't blow it. The Pats cliched their division this week at 10-2, and the Eagles are 12-0 and there are no teams with 1 loss.
I also released Furrey (he sucked and was expensive) and Ross (he sucked and was injured all the time). I signed Serna and J. Mathias, the best returner available, which is a huge upgrade over Ross/Bowman (from 78-ish to 87-ish upgrade). I signed Serna because my kicker is retiring this year, along with Kitna. So I figure I could tag him or something. I dunno, we'll see.
I have to figure out something for my TEs. Peterson is injured now and they won't develop (probably because my WR coach has all of his TE things at 1, and cannot improve). Finley is also injured half of the time. I think I should have signed Crumpler (lol he went to Tampa), at least he would be decent.

Last edited by rdnk; 05-17-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #84
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
Eventually, we kneel it and for fun, call a timeout with :01 left, and kick a field goal. Final Score: 34-17.
LOL, That's a dick move.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:12 PM   #85
All Star

rdnk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ
LOL, That's a dick move.
It's my revenge for being cheated by the CPU out of the Tampa and Jags game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2009, 05:13 PM   #86
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ
LOL, That's a dick move.
Hey...i do that too
Old 05-18-2009, 06:57 PM   #87
All Star

rdnk's Arena

HC's Thoughts: I was going to play the Vikings game, but when I got home from work I felt ****ty, ate and will probably go to sleep within the hour. However, I guarantee (minus something crazy) that the Vikings game will be up tomorrow.
First off- Playoffs. At this point, my chances are pretty good at 9-3. The only conceivable way I figure I would not make it is if:
A. I lose the to Vikings (6-6)
B. I lose to the Packers
C. I lose to either the Colts or Saints (or both)
D. The Vikings win all of their remaining games (or 3 if I go 0-4)
This is good, but it gives me less a chance at good coaches for next season.
Second- Sweetney Draft. Wow this is much weaker than the 08' and English drafts. I've been looking at the guide (thanks again) and see that year 2 is easier. I also only have my 1-3, and 2 7th picks. The 2st will probably also be in the 20s, which doesn't make getting good players easier.
Thrid- Upcoming FA. There is one guy I am interested in. He is a ROLB from Chicago (I think), is 23 and has a OVA of about 90. If I got him, I would either move him or Simms to LOLB.
Fourth- Draft Ideas. My #1 guy going in is Martin McPeek from Michigan. He is a MLB with a POT of 90 in my scheme. I have a feeling he will go early, and I don't really want to trade too far up.
Andre Dalembert is a beastly RE with a POT of 92, and Lamaar Marbury is a also a good LE with a POT of 89. MLB is the greater need, as White (OVA-80) can do the job on the D-line.
The O-Line prospects are crappy in the first round, and I don't need any speciality positions that early.
There are umpteen mid-80s O-Line men and RBs to choose from if I feel a need there. Cory Dexter (Southern Utah) might be taken because Kitna is retiring and I want a better backer up than Drew Stanton. There are two really good WRs (POT of 89 and 90) that are supposed to go late. If its convienient, I may take one and trade Williams. There is also 1 decent late round TE, RE, DT (mid-ish), OLB and MLB, which I may pick from to fill holes.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:32 PM   #88
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
HC's Thoughts: I was going to play the Vikings game, but when I got home from work I felt ****ty, ate and will probably go to sleep within the hour. However, I guarantee (minus something crazy) that the Vikings game will be up tomorrow.
First off- Playoffs. At this point, my chances are pretty good at 9-3. The only conceivable way I figure I would not make it is if:
A. I lose the to Vikings (6-6)
B. I lose to the Packers
C. I lose to either the Colts or Saints (or both)
D. The Vikings win all of their remaining games (or 3 if I go 0-4)
This is good, but it gives me less a chance at good coaches for next season.
Second- Sweetney Draft. Wow this is much weaker than the 08' and English drafts. I've been looking at the guide (thanks again) and see that year 2 is easier. I also only have my 1-3, and 2 7th picks. The 2st will probably also be in the 20s, which doesn't make getting good players easier.
Thrid- Upcoming FA. There is one guy I am interested in. He is a ROLB from Chicago (I think), is 23 and has a OVA of about 90. If I got him, I would either move him or Simms to LOLB.
Fourth- Draft Ideas. My #1 guy going in is Martin McPeek from Michigan. He is a MLB with a POT of 90 in my scheme. I have a feeling he will go early, and I don't really want to trade too far up.
Andre Dalembert is a beastly RE with a POT of 92, and Lamaar Marbury is a also a good LE with a POT of 89. MLB is the greater need, as White (OVA-80) can do the job on the D-line.
The O-Line prospects are crappy in the first round, and I don't need any speciality positions that early.
There are umpteen mid-80s O-Line men and RBs to choose from if I feel a need there. Cory Dexter (Southern Utah) might be taken because Kitna is retiring and I want a better backer up than Drew Stanton. There are two really good WRs (POT of 89 and 90) that are supposed to go late. If its convienient, I may take one and trade Williams. There is also 1 decent late round TE, RE, DT (mid-ish), OLB and MLB, which I may pick from to fill holes.
You seem to be in pretty solid shape overall. I've always been one to trade down a lot to stockpile picks. After the season, I imagine you have some unwanted guys you can trade to fill in some day 2 picks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »