Home

The Coaching Career of James Aldridge (NFL Head Coach 09)

This is a discussion on The Coaching Career of James Aldridge (NFL Head Coach 09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2009, 08:07 PM   #97
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: The Coaching Career of James Aldridge (NFL Head Coach 09)

I managed to trade dewayne white after a couple of seasons but noone would bite on redding
Old 05-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #98
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Week 15 Against the Colts
Injuries: Peterson, Charles
I had some rookie O-linemen in because I could've cared less about this game. The only remaining game I really want to win is wekk 17 against the Packers (the Saints game is irrelevant).
I would make a lengthier report, but this game was pretty boring. The Colts threw more or less every down, Manning obliterated our coverage for most of the game. Neither team could run worth beans. They were up 17-0 with 2:00 left in the first half, when we finally broke through their secondary and scored a TD. We also held them to a field goal and scored on the hail mary with :03 left in the half. Which made it 20-14 at the half.
Some how, after going 3 and out, we forced a punt, and we drove to a touchdown to give us a short lead 21-20. However, our defense fell apart, and they scored a TD with a 2pt conversion, putting us out of 1 TD victory range. Score was 28-21.
The refs were really bias, there were at least 7 calls on us...
After Calhoun and Jones fumbled it (we held them a bit), and Woodson threw an interception, I gave up and went into supersim. They score a field goal, Final Score: 31-21.
Offensive Stats
Woodson: 296 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT, -2 yards (fumble) on 1 attempt
Jones: -2 yards on 6 carries, 9 yards on 1 catch
Calhoun: 3 yards on 3 carries
Johnson: 217 yards on 10 catches, 3 TD
Williams: 31 yards on 2 catches
Finley: 19 yards on 2 catches
Wilson: 13 yards on 1 catch
Bryant: 7 yards on 1 catch
Old 05-20-2009, 09:22 PM   #99
All Star

rdnk's Arena

HC's Thoughts: I can't believe we actually held our own against the Colts. We lost 59-7 or something a pre-season game so... I am still trying to find a consistent #3/slot reciever. McDonald is decent, but he is maxed out. I haven't tried Perry (I'm tyring him against the Saints) and Bryant has 90 POT but he drops a lot of balls. Mathias will probably be tried against the Packers. I'm gonna put Perry, McDonald and Bryant on the block though, because I only need 5 receivers (I may be able to get a receiver or two in the upcoming draft if I get some picks).
The Colts clinched their division this week. In the AFC North, the Bengals are 8-6 and the Steelers are 7-7. In the AFC West, all the teams are in it except the Raiders (they only team with 1 win, the Jets won this week). In the NFC West, all the teams and conceivably in it... We'll see soon. The 49ers are 7-7 and on a 7 game win steak. My goal for this season is to win at Wildcard Weekend, which seems reasonable.
Donovan McNabb has 4000 passing yards this season.
Peterson and Charles will be healthy next week. Finley was almost injured (what's with these TE's).

Last edited by rdnk; 05-21-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:48 PM   #100
All Star

rdnk's Arena

Week 16 Against the Saints
Injuries: Same as last week.
This game was interesting, it was like playing the Colts lite. They threw the ball all day, and handed it to Reggie Bush like 3 times...
We lost the toss, and kick it off. They have a beastly returner. He was crazy good. They have a large return and a big catch not to long after. We manage to force a field goal, kicked by the most pathetic kicker I have ever seen. The guy missed a medium range (35 yard) field goal.
We drop some passes on the next drive and have to punt. They have a good return (it's implied from now on) but we put pressure on the QB and they punt. We put a solid drive together full of running, sneaking and passing. 2nd quarter begins around here. They stop us at the 10 yard line and we kick a field goal. Score is 3-0.
Brees throws like a madman and we hold them near the goaline, forcing a field goal (even this guy can make this one), to make it 3-3. They stop our run game, but we manage to throw and play action up the field for a touchdown with 2:00 left.
Of course, they hurry their way down the field for a touchdown. Score is 10-10 to end the half.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #101
All Star

rdnk's Arena

We run for a 1st down after returning it (Woodson almost breaks away on a sneak). But then he has 3 ****ty downs, but we go for it on 4th and 3 on the 41 yard line. We catch it for a 1st down, throw/play action it and run it in the endzone to make it 17-10.
The Saints (go marching in) throw it for a 1st, but we manage to stop them on the next set of downs. Calhoun has a 8 yard run to end the quarter.
We use a FB dive for a 1st down and thankfully there is holding on us on the next play to save a fumble. We move it some more, but they stop us and we kick a field goal to make it 20-10.
I would write out the rest of the game, but its pretty simple:
They score with help of facemask, we score with throwing, they score with help of facemask and we run out the 2:00 to end the game, Final Score: 27-24.
Offensive Stats
Woodson: 315 yards, 1 TD, 12 yards on 4 attempts
Jones: 48 yards on 15 carries
Calhoun: 53 yards on 18 carries
Johnson: 89 yards on 6 catches
Williams: 34 yards on 5 catches
Perry: 88 yards on 4 catches
Bryant: 58 yards on 4 catches, 1 TD
Finely: 28 yards on 2 catches
Wilson: 18 yards on 2 catches
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #102
All Star

rdnk's Arena

HC's Thoughts: Well, that was close. For some reason they didn't try the onside kick. Their defense was decent against the run (in general), but got murdered by the outside run. Next week everyone is (hopefully) healthy, to face my rival Packers.
The Eagles clinched the NFC, and the Cowboys clinched a wild card spot. If the Giants win next week, then they clinch the other spot, if not, then the Vikings and Saints (assuming they win) have a shot at it. The Bucs have the other bye pretty much in the bag at this point. The Seahawks will probably win their division, but who knows.
In the AFC, the Chargers, Broncos (both 11-4) and the Chiefs (10-5) are duking it out over their division, but I think both losers with get wild card spots anyway. If the Bengals win the next week, they get in, but if they lose, the Steelers have a shot at that division. The Colts and Pats are 12-4 and in the lead for the byes.
As for the Pro Bowl, the Bucs have the most players. The Lions sent:
Calvin Johnson (#1 WR in voting)
Dan Kreider (#2 FB in voting)
Eugene Wilson (#2 FS in voting)
Craig Steltz (#2 in SS voting)
Old 05-21-2009, 03:17 PM   #103
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

Looks like facemasks hurt you this game...added to the previous game with the 7 penalties...any ideas? Also...the run game looks like it goes from feast to famine but woodson is doing pretty okay. I hate when you a have good player that is finally developing well and they want a small fortune to re-sign. Good luck figuring out what to do with him.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:30 PM   #104
All Star

rdnk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
Looks like facemasks hurt you this game...added to the previous game with the 7 penalties...any ideas? Also...the run game looks like it goes from feast to famine but woodson is doing pretty okay. I hate when you a have good player that is finally developing well and they want a small fortune to re-sign. Good luck figuring out what to do with him.
I wish I could teach discipline...
The run game is inconsistent, but usually I get about 100 yards. It's easy to run against the Tampa 2, but the Colts murdered me.
As for Woodson, I think I have a year or two (after this one) left on his contract. I'll probably draft a QB in the middle rounds this year, as Kitna is retiring. I also have a decent amount of cap space, so I'll manage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »