Home

Milkman41's Tampa Bucs Dynasty (HC 09)

This is a discussion on Milkman41's Tampa Bucs Dynasty (HC 09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Milkman41's Tampa Bucs Dynasty (HC 09)

Bucs' Cason rushes for 143 yards, 3 TDs in 52 - 20 victory over Saints

RB Aveion Cason rushed for a career-high 143 yards and tied a career-high 3 TD to combine with a stifling defense to lead the Bucs to a victory over the visiting Saints, who fall to 8 - 4. Cason now has 1046 yards on the season to go along with his 16 total TDs (15 rushing, 1 receiving), and could break James Wilder's single season Bucs rushing record of 1,544 yards, set in 1984. Cason would have to rush for 498 yards over the next 3 games in order to break the record.

As usual, the running game was as multi-faceted as it was successful, as QB Josh Johnson added 48 yards and a TD on 9 carries, including several 3rd down conversions, and FB Jacob Hester added 25 yards on 7 carries. RB Cadillac Williams added 24 yards and a fumble on 9 carries, and RBs Earnest Graham and Marcus Thomas combined for 17 yards on 4 attempts (including a 9-yard run by Thomas).

The passing game was also efficient, as QB Josh Johnson passed for 192 yards and 2 TD on 18 - 26 passing. Rookie WR Kevin Robinson led the way with 51 yards on 4 receptions, and TE Alex Smith added 2 TD catches. The Bucs received contributions from 5 other players, including TE Alge Crumpler, who had 1 catch for 16 yards before once again exiting the game with an injury.

Continuing the trend set in the past few games, the defense was absolutely dominant today, allowing only 291 yards of total offense, 80 of which came on a late TD strike from QB Drew Brees to rookie WR Eddie Royal. The Bucs only other TD was set up by a long fumble return by CB Mike McKenzie, and the defense held the Saints to only 23 yards on the ground. In addition, the Bucs intercepted Brees 6 times, twice each by rookie SS Chris Horton and ROLB Derrick Brooks (one returned for a TD), both of which are on track to go to the Pro Bowl, and once each by CB Pat Buchanon and MLB Barrett Ruud. DE Calais Campbell added 2 sacks to boost his season total to 10.

The 10 - 2 Bucs face the 4 - 8 Panthers next week. Although several players are injured, most should be back for next week's game, except for WR Terry Glenn, who is out 1 - 2 weeks with a bruised elbow.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 26

Has Casons overall gone up?
I saw him as a 81 once playing for the Eagles

Just call me Sanchez
Old 07-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #51
Pro

Yeah it's gone up, it's at like 82 or 83 now I think. It's a good story, how he's gone from a nobody to a 1000 yard rusher in my franchise, haha, come out of nowhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #52
Pro

The Bucs have announced that HB Carnell 'Cadillac' Williams was seperated his shoulder in practice, and will be out 4 - 6 weeks. The Bucs, hoping to have him back in time for the playoffs, have opted not to place him on the injured reserve, and have signed HB Deshaun Foster to take his place. In a corresponding move, the Bucs cut LT Anthony Alabi.

Bucs run all over Panthers, win 38 - 31

The Bucs today demonstrated why a good running game solves all of life's problems, as they ran for 238 yards (507 total yards of offense) on their way to a victory over the Panthers. The running game was good enough to overcome a whopping 7 turnovers - 1 INT by QB Josh Johnson, and 3 fumbles each by Johnson and HB Aveion Cason, one of which was returned for a fumble with minutes left at the game to bring the Panthers within 7. The Bucs would lean on the running game again to eat up the clock, and it would respond, keeping the Panthers at bay. Cason led the way with 133 yards and 2 TD on 20 carries, including a 49-yard TD run late in the 4th to put the Bucs up 38 - 24. Johnson added, 35 yards on 4 carries, FB Jacob Hester ran for 25 yards and a TD on 6 carries, and newcomer HB Deshaun Foster ran for 33 yards on 6 carries.

With #1 WR Terry Glenn out, many expected the passing game to struggle, put Josh Johnson and his motley band of receivers turned in a typically solid and dependable game, as Johnson passed for 274 yards, a TD, and an INT on 16 - 22 passing. 7 receivers had at least 1 reception, led by TE Alex Smith, who had a game-high 4 receptions for 71 yards, and WR Mark Clayton, who had a game-high 86 yards on 3 receptions, including a 55-yard TD in the 3rd quarter.

The Bucs defenders were no slouches either, limiting the Panthers to 223 yards of offense, including only 37 on the ground. The defense notched 2 sacks, one by DE Calais Campbell and one by MLB Barrett Ruud, and added 2 INTs, one by LOLB Cato June and one by SS Chris Horton, who returned the pick 89 yards to put the Bucs ahead 14 - 7 early in the 2nd quarter.

The Bucs, now 11 - 2, play the 4 - 9 Falcons next week.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:57 PM   #53
Pro

I accidentally simmed the Falcons game and then saved, and apparently the sim engine hates the wishbone/doesn't use it right, so yeah, ugly game.

Former Buc Jeff Garcia and the Falcons topple Bucs 20 - 9

Falcons QB Jeff Garcia, who was traded in the preseason to the Falcons in exchange for their 1st-round pick in this year's NFL Draft, passed for 203 yards and 2 TD on 17 - 22 passing for a QB rating of 135.2, and led the underdog Falcons to victory over the Bucs. It seemed that everything that could go wrong did in this game, at least offensively, as the Bucs only managed 171 yards of total offense, in comparison to the Falcons' 277.

HB Aveion Cason and the rest of the running back crew were far from their usual selves, rushing for only 99 yards total against an underwhelming Falcons defense. Cason had only 35 yards and 1 TD on 13 attempts (2.6 YPC), a total matched by RB Earnest Graham, who ran for 35 yards on 4 carries. As bad as the running game was, the passing game was even worse, as QB Josh Johnson passed for a woeful 72 yards and 2 INTs on 7 - 15 passing, for a 21.4 QB rating.

Defensively, the Bucs held the Falcons to 3 - 12 3rd down conversions, and allowed only 74 rushing yards (Falcons 1st round pick HB Darren McFadden had only 47 yards on 22 carries, for a 2.1 average), but it was unable to atone for the offense today. The Bucs, now 11 - 3, play the 11 - 3 Chargers next week.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #54
Pro

In addition to the humiliating loss to the Falcons yesterday, the Bucs today learned that HB Aveion Cason, who has rushed for 1214 yards and 18 TD in 230 attempts, has a broken fibula, and has been placed on the injured reserve. No corresponding move has been announced yet. In addition, the Bucs will be missing WR Kevin Robinson, who has turned in a solid rookie season, for the next 1 -3 weeks with a high ankle sprain.

I cant believe I flippin simmed that Falcons game and didnt realize before saving. gaaaaaaah
Old 07-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 26

You got a first for Jeff Garcia?

Just call me Sanchez
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2009, 10:31 PM   #56
Pro

haha yeah, I got a 1st and a 6th for him, and I didn't really have to haggle, if I recall correctly, they offered me a 1st and I think I managed to persuade them to add the 6th, but yeah, Jeff Garcia for a 1st and 6th...

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »