Home

Buffalo Bills Coach Mode Dynasty (Madden 07 PC)

This is a discussion on Buffalo Bills Coach Mode Dynasty (Madden 07 PC) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Buffalo Bills Coach Mode Dynasty (Madden 07 PC)

So, I picked up a copy of madden 07 for pc for a dollar, and started a dynasty with the Bills, and I just find it more fun to keep track with a dynasty story. This is more for me than anything, y'all can follow it if you want, but I don't expect it to be anything that special.

Anyways, settings wise I'm going with all-pro, 9 min quarters right now, with minor tweaks to AI sliders to help passing a bit mostly. Oh, and I'm playing coach mode. I find it's fun because it's not me, it's the players making the plays, so I have less control, like a real coach. It forces me to coach more realistically, knowing I can't call that go to route and know I'll nail it with perfect timing, even with a terrible QB, and makes it more exciting. Besides, I don't think I could get the hang of playing on a keyboard.

One other thing, I've already played/simmed the first season and am on year 2 now.

BUFFALO BILLS SEASON PREVIEW 2007-2008

BILLS 06-07 Review

The Bills made it into the playoffs, a surprise to most experts, on the back of Willis McGahee’s league-high 2,000 yard rushing season and stellar defense from stars like Nate Clements, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes, and Aaron Schobel, supported by young studs like Donte Whitner and Terrence McGee. J.P. Losman took over the starting job from Kelly Holcomb and made the most of it, with a winning season including two fourth quarter comebacks and 18 passing TDs. Unfortunately, Losman was injured in the last game of the regular season, a loss to the Ravens, and in the Wild Card round the Bills couldn’t generate any offense to counter the steady attack of the veteran Trent Green and the explosive Larry Johnson and were eliminated in a disappointing finish to an overachieving season.

OFFSEASON

Most of the core was retained intact, although veteran safety Troy Vincent called it quits in the offseason after an impressive career. Free agents Michael Turner, Kevin Johnson, and Daniel Wilcox were brought in for depth on the offensive side of the ball, while the draft bolstered the offensive line with first round pick Erik Brown expected to start this year at LT. More depth was gained at the skill positions later in the draft, as Chuck Thomas and Dontae Rivers hope to make an impact this year. On the defense, free agent acquisition Jason David looks to slot into the Nickelback position to bolster an already impressive secondary.

PRESEASON

The biggest storyline this preseason was the position battle at quarterback, where last year’s starter, J.P. Losman, struggled to regain form after the injury that ended his season early, and was beat out by consensus third stringer Craig Nall, who coach Dick Jauron has named the starter going into week one. Free agent pickup Michael Turner was injured and will be out for ten weeks, giving rookie Chuck Thomas an early opportunity to strut his stuff as the back up to pro-bowler Willis McGahee.

TEAM BREAKDOWN

Quarterback:

QBs

F.NAME

L.NAME

POS

OVR

YRL

TOT

BON

SAL

Bills

J.P.

Losman

QB

$6.60M

$1.50M

$1.54M

Bills

Kelly

Holcomb

QB

$6.60M

$1.08M

$1.76M

Bills

Craig

Nall

QB

$4.20M

$1.20M

$1.38M

There are major questions for the Bills here at the most important position on the field. Craig Nall has been named the starter, but how long will that last with J.P. Losman pushing to re-take his spot atop the depth chart? Does Nall have what it takes to lead this team on offense? Or will Jauron go back to his hero from last year, Losman, at the first sign of trouble?

Runningbacks:

RBs

F.NAME

L.NAME

POS

OVR

YRL

TOT

BON

SAL

Bills

Willis

McGahee

HB

$16.00M

$3.51M

$4.56M

Bills

Michael

Turner

HB

$6.09M

$1.11M

$1.65M

Bills

Chuck

Thomas

HB

$5.82M

$630K

$1.69M

Bills

Lawrence

Vickers

FB

$2.50M

$390K

$690K

Bills

Blake

Cross

FB

$520K

$70K

$520K

Willis McGahee is expected to be just as dominant as last year, and he will need to carry this offense if the Bills are going to go anywhere this season. He does have a stronger supporting cast this time around, with speedy Michael Turner (injured) and rookie Chuck Thomas. Lawrence Vickers, signed in the offseason, will add some punch as the starting fullback.

Receivers:

WR/TEs

F.NAME

L.NAME

POS

OVR

YRL

TOT

BON

SAL

Bills

Lee

Evans

WR

$8.90M

$1.50M

$2.06M

Bills

Dontae

Rivers

WR

$12.10M

$1.14M

$3.56M

Bills

Kevin

Johnson

WR

$5.00M

$700K

$2.30M

Bills

Peerless

Price

WR

$10.00M

$2.80M

$2.21M

Bills

Roscoe

Parrish

WR

$2.48M

$800K

$660K

Bills

Willie

Reid

WR

$3.34M

$500K

$1.53M

Bills

Robert

Royal

TE

$10.00M

$2.50M

$1.58M

Bills

Daniel

Wilcox

TE

$4.19M

$720K

$1.14M

Bills

Kevin

Everett

TE

$1.48M

$600K

$390K

Bills

Brad

Cieslak

TE

$1.81M

$0K

$910K

After last season’s top target, Lee Evans, there aren’t any big names in this receiving corps, but the Bills hope that depth and versatility will come through for them. Kevin Johnson, and offseason addition, will be expected to be a solid possession receiver, sorely lacking last season, and will take the #2 duties, while Bills veteran Peerless Price and draft pick Dontae Rivers will round out the top four receivers. Willie Reid was signed in the offseason to carry the returning responsibilities after Parrish fell out of favour last season due to his struggles with ball protection. Wilcox should give some support to Royal and balance out the passing attack even more.

Offensive Line:

OL

F.NAME

L.NAME

POS

OVR

YRL

TOT

BON

SAL

Bills

Erik

Brown

LT

$16.59M

$810K

$5.16M

Bills

Matt

Morgan

LT

$2.31M

$80K

$1.13M

Bills

Bennie

Anderson

LG

$5.10M

$450K

$1.90M

Bills

Clint

Mays

LG

$5.87M

$360K

$1.80M

Bills

Justin

Geisinger

LG

$980K

$60K

$350K

Bills

Melvin

Fowler

C

$7.20M

$870K

$2.38M

Bills

Duke

Preston

C

$1.78M

$400K

$480K

Bills

Chris

Villarrial

RG

$8.28M

$1.52M

$4.15M

Bills

Jason

Thomas

RG

$840K

$0K

$420K

Bills

Jason

Peters

RT

$16.50M

$3.42M

$1.90M

Bills

Aaron

Gibson

RT

$2.66M

$240K

$1.41M

All eyes are on rookie Erik Brown to see if he can handle the NFL pass rush as a first year LT. Veteran presence Chris Villarrial will again anchor this offensive line, and hopefully mentor the younger guys along. Draft pick Clint Mays was switched from tackle to guard this preseason, and if he adjusts quickly will add some solid depth to the interior line.

Defensive Line:

DL

F.NAME

L.NAME

POS

OVR

YRL

TOT

BON

SAL

Bills

Chris

Kelsay

LE

$4.75M

$570K

$1.67M

Bills

Ryan

Denney

LE

$7.60M

$400K

$1.83M

Bills

Ron

Welty

LE

$2.54M

$330K

$720K

Bills

Aaron

Schobel

RE

$16.50M

$3.00M

$5.46M

Bills

Mark

Word

RE

$1.00M

$0K

$500K

Bills

Larry

Tripplett

DT

$18.00M

$5.00M

$2.87M

Bills

Colin

Cole

DT

$4.44M

$600K

$2.04M

Bills

John

McCargo

DT

$6.00M

$3.50M

$1.06M

Aaron Schobel is still the de facto leader on this D-Line, which added a big body in the middle with Colin Cole this offseason, but otherwise looks much the same as last years. Chris Kelsay proved last year that he belongs and hopes to build on that to solidify his spot for the future. Former first round pick John McCargo is going to be pushing for some playing time and trying to live up to expectations.

Linebackers:

LBs

F.NAME

L.NAME

POS

OVR

YRL

TOT

BON

SAL

Bills

Jeff

Posey

LOLB

$6.31M

$1.22M

$3.71M

Bills

Mario

Haggan

LOLB

$3.45M

$510K

$1.14M

Bills

London

Fletcher

MLB

$16.73M

$3.96M

$4.68M

Bills

Liam

Ezekiel

MLB

$2.24M

$0K

$1.12M

Bills

Takeo

Spikes

ROLB

$30.00M

$9.00M

$6.20M

Bills

Angelo

Crowell

ROLB

$3.72M

$660K

$1.27M

London Fletcher and Takeo Spikes are two leaders on this elite defensive unit. The Bills are blessed with one of the best linebacker tandems in the league, and this solid group will be counted on to bring the hurt all season long. An aging Jeff Posey is on the last year of his contract and wants to earn a big payday this offseason.

Defensive Backs:

DBs

F.NAME

L.NAME

POS

OVR

YRL

TOT

BON

SAL

Bills

Nate

Clements

CB

$24.96M

$3.60M

$8.23M

Bills

Terrence

McGee

CB

$22.75M

$5.35M

$3.59M

Bills

Jason

David

CB

$9.00M

$1.32M

$2.51M

Bills

Ashton

Youboty

CB

$1.50M

$600K

$490K

Bills

Eric

King

CB

$990K

$90K

$370K

Bills

Rashad

Baker

FS

$3.02M

$140K

$1.46M

Bills

Ko

Simpson

FS

$1.60M

$400K

$350K

Bills

Donte

Whitner

SS

$36.00M

$12.00M

$4.45M

Bills

Matt

Bowen

SS

$2.00M

$300K

$1.09M

Bills

Coy

Wire

SS

$3.45M

$420K

$1.18M

Clements and McGee are a terrifying one-two punch at corner for any offensive co-ordinator. Expect these two to continue establishing their names as premier shutdown corners in the NFL. Jason David adds some skill at NB to an already dangerous secondary, and sophomore Donte Whitner is a year older and even better than last year. The only question mark in this group is sophomore Ko Simpson, taking over the starting duties at free safety. Can he fill the shoes of departed pro-bowler Troy Vincent? Dick Jauron showed his faith in the youngster by not signing a vet in free agency, and expectations are high.

Special Teams:

K/P

F.NAME

L.NAME

POS

OVR

YRL

TOT

BON

SAL

Bills

Rian

Lindell

K

$2.85M

$200K

$1.43M

Bills

Brian

Moorman

P

$6.00M

$350K

$920K

Expect more of the same this year from elite punter Brian Moorman. Kicker Rian Lindell negotiated a 2 year contract extension this pre-season, and the Bills are hoping he pays dividends with his accurate leg and clutch kicking.

PREDICTIONS

Willis McGahee's Bills will miss the playoffs, going 8-8 after overachieving last year. The loss of Troy Vincent on defense and the question marks at quarterback are too much to overlook.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 06:06 AM   #2
Rookie

Aparess's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Buffalo Bills Coach Mode Dynasty (Madden 07 PC)

Looks good, keep it up!
Old 10-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Buffalo Bills Coach Mode Dynasty (Madden 07 PC)

Bills Surprise in Opener

The Buffalo Bills slaughtered division rival Miami in their season opener this week, with a 31-0 shutout win. The Bills vaunted defense hasn't lost a step with the loss of veteran safety Troy Vincent to retirement, and they made a statement in this one. Nate Clements and London Fletcher both played a key role with drive-stopping interceptions, while DT Larry Tripplett led what was a dominant pass rush all game with an amazing four sack effort. Aaron Schobel and Jeff Posey each added a sack as well, while rookie receiver Dontae Rivers forced a fumble on special teams. The Bills 'D' kept the Miami offense to just 115 total yards, while limiting feature back Ronnie Brown to a paltry 22 yards in a total shutdown performance.

But the defense was expected to be good, as it was the Bills bread and butter last year. On the other side of the ball, Mr.Consistency last year, Willis McGahee, lost two fumbles in key situations, a showstopper on most nights for the Bills. Tonight, however, was all about quarterback Craig Nall, a darkhorse to start this season who continues to impress. After winning the starting job from fan favourite J.P. Losman in preseason, Nall was expected to play it safe, keep it simple, and ride McGahee. After all, that's how the offense runs in Buffalo. And although McGahee ran for over a hundred yards (as always), it was Craig Nall who stepped in and stole the show, Craig Nall who protected the rock, and Craig Nall who led his troops to victory in his first start for Buffalo. Only time will tell whether this surprise game was a fluke, but for now he has solidified his starting job, no doubt, with head coach Dick Jauron and his staff.

With the game tied at 0's, Nall and McGahee led a drive down into Dolphins territory midway through the second quarter, and Rian Lindell punched home a 38 yard field goal for the first score of the Bills' season. Then, just inside the two minute warning, Nall blew the game and the Miami defense wide open with an 84 yard touchdown pass to Willis McGahee. Some tough D and a big turnover later, and Nall's offense scored again before the half, this time on a third down with 21 seconds to go, as he connected on a 21 yard strike to rookie Dontae Rivers for his first career touchdown in his first career game.

After both teams played solid shutout defense all through the third, midway through the fourth Nall put the game further out of reach, engineering a scoring drive that culminated in a 13 yard touchdown catch by Dontae Rivers, his second score of the game. Finally, after yet another defensive stop, Nall rubbed some salt in the wound of the rival Dolphins, tossing a touchdown pass to tight-end Robert Royal from 18 yards out just inside the two minute warning.

After the game, Craig Nall was questioned on the surprising performance by the offense. "I think we as a group feel we have a lot to prove this year, a lot of you media people are writing us off, and we know we're better than that. Really, tonight you saw what we can do, when we stick with the gameplan, when we execute, we can be as good as any team out there, and we can find ways to win, to score, to do our job." Asked about his relationship with Losman and winning the job from him in pre-season, Nall replied that, "it's Coach's job, who plays, we just go out there and give it our all, every practice, every game. You can't worry about stuff like that, and I think we're a close team, we all supported J.P. last year, and it's great to have him pushing me this year, and really this was a team win, it's not me making the plays out there, it Willis pounding out the yards, it's my boys on the line making the blocks, it's the kid pulling in two TDs, total team effort, we're just glad for the W and we want to keep that play up all year, one game at a time."

Free agent acquisition Kevin Johnson, who came as advertised with four key catches for forty yards, had this to say of his quarterback, "Craig's a gamer, he's really underrated, but he's pulled this group together and proven to be a leader when it counts. I think this is a great group of guys, a good mix we have, and we want to keep this going next week, just focus one game at a time."

"when we execute, we can be as good as any team out there" - Craig Nall (186 yds, 4 TD)

Last edited by canuxrok; 10-27-2013 at 11:48 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »