Home

A Chiefs Dynasty (HC 09)

This is a discussion on A Chiefs Dynasty (HC 09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2009, 12:55 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: A Chiefs Dynasty (HC 09)

Wk 4 Vs Broncos

Teams seem to have developed a way to counter the blitzing aspect of the 335 right now. Even with keeping guys in to help with pass protection they are still moving the ball at times. Thankfully however the defence now has a bend but not break attitude managing to keep the Broncos scoreless throughout.

Chiefs 21 - 0 Broncos

Stats
C.Reno - 13/24 for 224 yards, 2 TDs
C.Barone - 26 carries for 76 yards, TD
J.Lucas - 5 catches for 113 yards, TD
A.Simms - 7 tackles, 5 TFLs, 3 sacks

Player of the week
Defence - Alonzi Simms
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2009, 02:38 PM   #66
Rookie

Wk 5 Vs Bengals

I did have a short write as normal with stats but my laptop went a bit mental so will just post the score

Chiefs 21 - 13 Bengals
Old 11-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 8

liking the team
Old 11-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #68
Rookie

Wk 6 @ Raiders

D.Brickshaw Ferguson approached us for a new contact. The minimum offer of $40M over 6 years was a little to hefty to pay so he was shown the door. I did however tie starting LG Brice Taft down to a 6 year deal worth $19.1M with a $3.5M signing bonus. Backup FS Travis Riley was signed to a 5 year deal worth $9.7M with a $2M signing bonus. The reason for this is that Steltz is a RFA this year and if he leaves I need a good replacement. Tamba Hali also came in but I decided to not offer him anything so I can keep bring young cheap guys in to spell Alonzi. K Tra Cox also signed a new 2 year deal.

The first half was a cruise until a play action pass on my own 1 resulted in a sfety for the raiders, then on the following possession Juran Riley became ball greddy and missed the pick allowing Flash Gorden to storm down the field into the endzone. The Raiders managed to contain Barone for the most part with lots of losses coming from runs. However, he did manage to break off a 73 yarder on 3rd and short for a TD.

Note from 1st half. Twice Juran Riley went for the pick instead of a simple knockdown. Once it allowed a long TD pass, the second moved the Raiders into FG range at the end of the first half (Raiders did miss but you know).

Well that was an odd game. The Raiders moved the ball effectively at times, were able to stifle my blitzing and also except for the long run from Barone were able to stifle my run game. Yet they still never presented any threat.

Raiders 12 - 45 Chiefs

Stats
C.Reno - 13/18 for 174 yards, 3 TDs
C.Barone - 25 carries for 135 yards, 2TDs (actually it's 24 carries for 62, 1 for 73)
A.Simms - 9 tackles, 4 TFLs, 3 sacks, FFUMB
F.McDaniels - 5 tackles, 3 TFLs, sack, INT, FFUMB, FMBREC, TD

Player of the Week
Offence - Casey Barone
Defence - Felix McDaniels
Old 11-28-2009, 10:17 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 26

How is Jamarion Bellows doing for you in his second year; I did warn you you would have to pay a considerable price for Ferguson. I think 40 million for 6 years is a good price to pay an established LT like Ferguson.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:11 AM   #70
Rookie

Bellows isn't doing too bad but he is being overshadowed by Lucas who is the same overall as him. My thinking with Ferguson is that I can get the Boma brothers to man the right side of the line for about the same combined price. I may look to tag Ferguson then trade him away for picks in the draft.

Wk 7 - Bye Week

Ferguson and Hali came back in for more talks but no agreements could be reached. Backup TE Elvis Ransom did come in and was signed to a 6 year deal worth $15.26M with a $2.5M signing bonus. Backup LOLB Benji Woods also signed a 3 year deal worth $2.3M with a $1M incentive for starting 16 games. A bright spot did appear in that Tank Tyler's contract was finally expiring. The last remaining poor Chief will leave at the end of the season, possibly leaving only Dustin Colquitt as the only remaining original Chief.

Wk 8 @ Rams

Well this was another odd one, the rams seemed to have my number in the 1st quarter leading 7-0 when it ended. However, from the second quarter onwards I was able to stamp my authority on the game with my defence not letting Bulger or Jackson get anything going.

Rams 7 - 37 Chiefs

Stats
C.Reno - 19/24 for 215 yards, TD
C.Barone - 21 carries for 76 yards
A.Simms - 7 tackles, 6 TFLs, 4 sacks
N.Asomugha - 3 tackles, INT, TD
C.Steltz - 7 tackles, INT, TD

Player of the week
Defence - Craig Steltz
Old 11-30-2009, 01:07 PM   #71
Rookie

Wk 9 Vs Cardinals

I resigned backup LT Jordan Yound to a 6 year deal worth $5.32M with a $1M signing boing bonus. Jacob Green also came in for negotiations. Green currently sits third on the depth chart and he was asking for over $30M over 6 years. For a 3rd string QB that was just way too expensive.

The game against the Cards proved to be an absolute blowout. Once again my run game didn't get going at all, however my passing game more than made up for it. The cards decided that the best way to get pressure on Reno was to bring the nickle corner blitzing often. This allowed Jamelle Lucas to be open very often and once Lucas got into the open there was just no stopping him.

Chiefs 50 - 0 Cardinals

Stats
C.Reno - 19/36 for 416 yards, 6 TDs
C.Barone - 24 carries for 47 yards
J.Lucas - 7 catches for 209 yards, 4 TDs
N.Asomugha - 3 tackles, INT, TD

Note looking at the majority of poor running performances I think I have figured out a reason. My FB. He often misses the rusher coming up the middle meaning they have a free run to my HB. Hopefully he'll sort this out in the second half of the season.

Player of the week
Offence - Cooper Reno

Stats after 8 games
C.Reno - 124/177 for 1933 yards, 25 TDs, 2 INTs
C.Barone - 215 carries for 799 yards, 4 TDs, 5 FUMBs, (617 yards after 1st contact)
J.Lucas - 39 catches for 919 yards, 11 TDs
A.Simms - 50 tackles, 30 TFLs, 15 sacks, 2 FFUMBs, FMBREC
J.Riley - 30 tackles, 2 TFLs, 6 INTs, 2 TDs
N.Asomugha - 24 tackles, 3 INTs, FMBREC, 3 TDs

MVP - Reno 2nd
OPOY - Reno 2nd, Lucas 4th
DPOY - Simms 1st, Phillips 3rd
OROY - Reno 1st, Lucas 2nd
DROY - McDaniels 5th
WROY - Lucas 2nd
OLOY - Boma 3rd
DLOY - Campbell 2nd
LBOY - Simms 1st
DBOY - Phillps 1st, Riley 2nd
COY - Carter 3rd

Good first half to the 3rd of Coach DC's tenure in Kansas. The running game is not as good as it was last year but Barone is on course to out gain what he got last year. Simms isn't quite as much of a beast as he was last year but has still reached 15 sacks by the mid way point. Biggest boost is obviously the ermergence of a great passing game. Reno and Lucas have shown that this may become a pass first offence (especially if Barone is unable to start getting his running legs).

Hopefully in the second half of the season as teams play off the LOS more to account for Lucas, Bellows and Manningham; Barone will start to see some room for inside rooms. If not however, I'll keep airing the ball out and Lucas will hopefully keep up this kind of form.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2009, 03:19 PM   #72
Rookie

Wk 10 Vs Seahawks

Well that was an odd game. My running game finally got on track but my passing game suffered as Reno was picked off 3 times. The Seahwaks seemed to have answers every now and again but were unable to make any kind of telling contribution on either side of the ball except for the 3 picks

Chiefs 37 - 13 Seahawks

Stats
C.Reno - 16/24 for 236 yards, 4 TDs, 3 INTs
C.Barone - 34 carries for 119 yards
J.Lucas - 6 catches for 155 yards
D.Knox - 5 tackles, 3 TFLs, 2 sacks,
K.Phillips - 5 tackles, INT, TD

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »