Home

The Path To Vivtory---My Arizona Cardinals Dynasty - Old Dynasty, New Start

This is a discussion on The Path To Vivtory---My Arizona Cardinals Dynasty - Old Dynasty, New Start within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2010, 01:22 AM   #17
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The Path To Vivtory---My Arizona Cardinals Dynasty - Old Dynasty, New Start

Yeah, I won big tonite, my Ravens won and I won $20 off of my uncle on the Cards game... Last year I was hoping they would beat the Steelers... But, anyways don't feel bad I also suck at spelling, if it wasn't for my wife helping me when I ask her u wouldn't probably be able to read any of mine... (think: Foxworthy's redneck dictionary...)
Old 01-13-2010, 10:26 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 11

K, since I am very busy these few weeks and I don't even know went can I play my next game. I figured that why don't I write some basic stuff just to fill the gap here. So, here is some info about my coaching style.
I'm using the Colts' offensive playbook and the Cardinals' defensive playbook, I call a lot of created 4-3 blitz play too. I like to be pass heavy, but since I got such a good o-line, I got a great HB and started running the ball a bit more.
On defence I am blitz heavy, and favour the 4-3 formation and man coverages.
Here are my positional philosophies:
QB: Pure Passer
HB: Balanced
FB: Don't have
WR: Balanced (I just want "people that are fast and can catch", can any1 tell me which philosophy should I use)
TE: Playmaker(again, just want "people who can catch and block a bit")
C: Balanced
G: Balanced
T: Pass Block
DT: Prototype
DE: Undersize Speed Pass Rusher
OLB: Prototype
MLB: Blitzer
CB: Man Coverage
FS: Coverage
SS: Coverage
K: Balanced
P: Big Foot
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.

Last edited by JMSHHT; 01-13-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:35 PM   #19
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

For ur TE I would suggets balanced or maybe H-Back (ex. Chris Cooley)... But for ur WR's I'm thinking Quick/Route Runners and just take a look at their speed rating or u could just stick with balanced...
Old 01-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #20
Pro

What does quick/route stress the most? Cuz the most important thing for WR for me is catch, than speed. And for TE, I just chose playmaker cuz I saw it on someone's thread. Can u explan what is a playmaker TE and what's a H-Back TE?
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:45 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSHHT
What does quick/route stress the most? Cuz the most important thing for WR for me is catch, than speed. And for TE, I just chose playmaker cuz I saw it on someone's thread. Can u explan what is a playmaker TE and what's a H-Back TE?
Playmaker TE- a TE who makes big plays. Whenever you see Big Play Ability under a TE scouting report, that's a Playmaker TE.

quick-route- There's a attribute for Wr's called route running. A player with a high route running score(like Mario Manningham) would be a Route Runner player.

H-Back TE-Not sure, but I think it's a blocking TE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
Playmaker TE- a TE who makes big plays. Whenever you see Big Play Ability under a TE scouting report, that's a Playmaker TE.

quick-route- There's a attribute for Wr's called route running. A player with a high route running score(like Mario Manningham) would be a Route Runner player.

H-Back TE-Not sure, but I think it's a blocking TE.
Thanks, I think I'll stick with the philosophies I have now. It seems to be working good. BTW, which attribute is related to big play ablility? Spectacular catch?
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:00 PM   #23
Pro

All right, some roster changes happening. So I was just looking at my linebacks, thinking how can I improve them. Then I found that my starting MLB Stockton (OVR 83) has great size and speed to be a OLB, so I moved him to ROLB, and than his OVR went to 88! Now my new starting MLB is rookie Bannister (OVR 80, POT 85). Despite the low numbers, he had an amazing season so far playing at ROLB because of Dansby's health issues. Dansby is now moved to the left, because on most of my plays the LOLB is on man coverage, and Dansby is the only guy good at it. Now my linebacker looks something like this:
Starting LOLB: Dansby (OVR 89 POT 89)
Backup LOLB: Riggs (OVR 80 POT 83)
Starting MLB: Bannister (OVR 80 POT 85 Rookie)
3-4 MLB: Siler (OVR 79 POT 79)
Starting ROLB: Stockton (OVR 88 POT 89)
Backup ROLB: Boxer (OVR 81 POT 84)

It looks much better now, and hopefully everyone will play well aat their new position in the next game VS the Falcons. (Monday night, have to win it for the fans!)
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #24
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

In my interputations on the philosphies...

Balanced WR- would be a all around type player, one who could play in many situtions... (ex. Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson)

Strong/Blocking WR- would be players who can block and has good trucking and strentgh ratings, primarly used in power running offenses... (ex. Hines Ward and T.O. when he chooses to)

Speed WR- would be players that have great speed and acceleration with good releases, primarly used in Vertical style offenses... (ex. Randy Moss and Chad Johnson)

Tall/Redzone Threat WR- would be based on size and there jumping abilitys and possiably CIT, primarly used down near the goalines... (ex. Plaxio Burress and Vincent Jackson)

Quick/Route Runner WR- would be agile, (agilty, juke, spin) to cut in and out of routes and there route running ability, primarly used in the Colts and Rams systems... (ex. Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Issac Bruce, and Torry Holt)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »