Home

The Path To Vivtory---My Arizona Cardinals Dynasty - Old Dynasty, New Start

This is a discussion on The Path To Vivtory---My Arizona Cardinals Dynasty - Old Dynasty, New Start within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #57
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: The Path To Vivtory---My Arizona Cardinals Dynasty - Old Dynasty, New Start

Have you noticed who is getting them on the opposing teams and if it is mainly 1 of the o-line giving them up? My RT Otah gives up quite a few...but most of them are to LBs...so I think it is he misses the blitzing player.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 11

HUGE NEWS!!!
CARDINALS SIGN FUTURE HALL OF FAME QB MIKE ROBINSON TO A MASSIVE CONTRACT
NFL News, Arizona. The Cardinals just annonced the resigning of one of the best QBs in the franchise history, and possibly the NFL in the future. QB Mike Robinson signed a 6 year deal worth a total of 60 million USD, with a 33 millon signing bounus and 3 incentives worth 1.5M each. After weeks of talks, the Cardinal team management decided to back down and keep this franchise QB in Arizona.
Mike Robinson, the 3 year pro QB out of S.F.Austin, was picked by the Arizona Cardinals in the 5th round of the 2010 NFL draft. He was considered to be the second best steal in recent NFL history next to Tom Brady. As Robinson performed better season after season, taking the Cardinals to 2 Superbowls and winning one. Many people started to predict his future after he became a RFA. Surprisingly no team offered him a deal with a level 4 tender being placed on him by the Cardinals. Rumors started to fly around about his future after a few unsuccessful contract talks this season. Some say he will get traded, some say he wanted out, and some mentioned the possblity of a franchise tag. Now he is sealed in Arizona for another 6 years.
On the Cardinals' team website, the fans loved this recent signing. They highly praised the team management, calling this signing "the best move the team could possibly made" Robinson himself was thrilled about this signing too, he said, "It's not just all about money, I am very happy to be able to play for this talanted organization for another 6 years. I believe we have a very bright future in front of us."
The Cardinals' head coach Sean Donald said that he was very happy to see Robinson stay. "Robinson is one of the best QBs I've ever worked with," he said, "I'm very glad that he's staying. As for the salary cap hit," he laughed, "I'm just gonna let the GM deal with it."
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.

Last edited by JMSHHT; 01-21-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:45 PM   #59
Pro

Week 12 vs the Seahawks
I don't know why, but the 2 teams in the NFL that I have the most difficulty with are the Giants and the Seahawks. The run game was horrible in the 1st half, the pass attack wasn't much more better either. The D allowed more passing yards than I wanted but overall they performed well and held the Seahawks to only a fieldgoal. 0-3 in the first half.

The start of the second half did not bring many change. Douglas fumbled and ended a drive just outside of the redzone.

But, FS Nick Rain answered back with a beautiful interception that put us at their 40. Then, on the first play to Flitzgerald, he catches the pass, spins off a defender and ran all the way for a TD.

The good luck did not stay for too long though, as Douglas fumble AGAIN and AGAIN ended a drive just outside the redzone.
The defence then would decide to fail too and the Seahawks were able to a field goal in the 3rd.

The forth quarter was the most frustrating part of the game. The seahawks got another field goal early, so it was 10-9 with 5 minutes to go. The drive for me was going fairly well, although there were many fails, at least we were moving down the field. But, on a 3rd and 14 play, Montgomery would let the football pass right by him while he was WIDE OPEN, and that ended the drive.

On the Seahawk drive after that, Stockton would stuff the HB, then sack the QB to make it 3rd & 16. It was looking good for me, but just when you need the secondary the most, they fail hard, and the Seahawks got another 1st down.

My next drive ended with a 3 and out. Then on their 2nd down, Stockton was able to again sack the QB to make it 3 & 16. Now, there is about 2:30 left in the game, so this next play is very important. This is the chance for my secondary to prove their skills, and they......
didn't have to do anything, because Stockton sacked the QB again and now it was 4th and 24.

Surprisingly, the run game, which didn't work at all in the game suddenly was working again, at the moment I needed it the most!
So we ran all the way to the Seahawks territory, burned all their timeouts and added another fieldgoal with 12 seconds left.

The Seahawks hoped to come back with some long passes, but one was knocked down by Rain, and another was not deep enough. So, the Cardinals came away with a close win at home. They will go visit the Titans on next Sunday.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
Have you noticed who is getting them on the opposing teams and if it is mainly 1 of the o-line giving them up? My RT Otah gives up quite a few...but most of them are to LBs...so I think it is he misses the blitzing player.
I did not pay much attention to it. This game vs the Seahawks I got 4 sacks against, but Seahawks are a blitz heavy team. Also one sack came from the play-action glitch.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:41 PM   #61
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

Congrats on signing your QB. What incentives did you give him?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2010, 06:36 PM   #62
Pro

1. 3500 passing yards(he's gonna get it)
2. 25 or 30 TDs(also gonna get it)
3. Win QB of the year(I want him to get it)
So this thing force me to have to at least leave 3M of cap space for the next 5 seasons, I wanted him to sign the pakage without any incentives but he rejected and said that he'll not come back, so I had to reload and sign him the lowest incentive deal.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:29 PM   #63
Pro

NFL News, Arizona. The Arizona Cardinals released the final version of the Free Agent Keep Or Go List of the 2013 season.
Salary cap space in next season: 21M
PostitonNameOVR/POTCap HitYears ProTeam YearsTypeKepp or go stutusResign Success
WRRandall79/821.5M34UFARelease-
RGShaffer91/914.2M45UFARelease-
RTHoover86/86580K33UFARelease-
LEHutton86/87380K23RFAKeep90%
REEdwards86/88290KR1UFARelease-
DTS.Jackson86/891.5M34UFARelease-
DTEpps86/90970K34UFARelease-
LOLBRiggs86/91560K23RFAProbable90%
LOLBNealy86/92230K23RFARelease-
CBAsomugha86/938.7M106UFADoubtful(FT)90%
FSBlack86/94270K23RFAKeep95%

Changes:
Robinson taken off the list
RT Hoover stoped showing up in resign talks so he will be released
RE Edwards stoped showing up in resign talks so he too will be released
Asmugha's stutus droped from questionable to doubtful
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:23 AM   #64
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSHHT
1. 3500 passing yards(he's gonna get it)
2. 25 or 30 TDs(also gonna get it)
3. Win QB of the year(I want him to get it)
So this thing force me to have to at least leave 3M of cap space for the next 5 seasons, I wanted him to sign the pakage without any incentives but he rejected and said that he'll not come back, so I had to reload and sign him the lowest incentive deal.
Ouch...another $4.5 mil a yr then. I dont know if you have tried this...but it is how I re-sign big players to contracts without incentives.
1. Never counter more than 2 times in a negotiation
2. When they stop saying "how about this offer?" or become "not positive" in their responses, I walk out of negotiations...even if it is after the first counter offer
3. After I walk out, when we negotiate again, I let them make 1 offer and I dont even respond, I leave.
4. I do that 2-3 weeks in a row and then I start the cycle over again.
5. If I am getting towards the end of the season I may only walk out once before I start bargaining again.

In all of the games I have played I dont think I have ever -resigned a player to a contract with incentives, unless it is ones I know they wont get.

I dont know...maybe you do something like this...but thought I would tell you in case you dont.

Also...is your cap space locked?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »