Home

The Path To Vivtory---My Arizona Cardinals Dynasty - Old Dynasty, New Start

This is a discussion on The Path To Vivtory---My Arizona Cardinals Dynasty - Old Dynasty, New Start within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2010, 10:39 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: The Path To Vivtory---My Arizona Cardinals Dynasty - Old Dynasty, New Start

I never walk out negotiations unless I don't want to sign the player. Maybe that's the reason the players are so aggresive. I think I need to show more force by walking out sometimes.

Anyways, all of my UFAs that I want to keep is signed. So it only comes down to 3 RFAs and Asmugha, I might FT him first, but if I can find a good CB in the draft, he'll get traded or released.

What do u mean by locked? I still have around 10M this season and 21M next season.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.

Last edited by JMSHHT; 01-22-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #66
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

You may want to try walking out sometimes...even if you want to sign them. I guess it is like irl where it lets them know you are the boss (or maybe I am reading to much into it). But that tactic seems to work for me.

As far as the cap goes. It is one of the philosophies...how much cap room you have to keep. I have mine at 1 mil so I can go down to the wire if I need to. I make sure when I am hiring a new gm he doesnt want to lock that one.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:15 PM   #67
Pro

Team News Update
After the win against the Seahawks, ROLB Stockton reached 15 sacks this season. Stockton was decent as a MLB for the last 3 seasons. But since moved to the right side, he had shown huge improvements. He is right now a Pro Bowl prospect, let's hope he's outstanding performence continues.

Although there were no injurys after the game against the Seahawks, the team is very concerned about LOLB Dansby's health issues. The 31 year old veteren has not been healthy since the first day of the season. Now his torso and left leg droped to around 45%. Dansby will not start in the next game at the Titans, but coach Danald says he will still be able to play in the game.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #68
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
You may want to try walking out sometimes...even if you want to sign them. I guess it is like irl where it lets them know you are the boss (or maybe I am reading to much into it). But that tactic seems to work for me.

As far as the cap goes. It is one of the philosophies...how much cap room you have to keep. I have mine at 1 mil so I can go down to the wire if I need to. I make sure when I am hiring a new gm he doesnt want to lock that one.
I will try to do that next season.

I have my cap set at 3M and it's not locked.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #69
Pro

With an effort trying to fix the inconcistant run game, the Cardinals signed free agent HB Rashard Mendenhall(81/83, age 28) off the FA wire to a 1 year, 900K deal. Many suspect that this will be the end for rookie backup HB Amos Tillman. Coach Donald did not reveal further information about the signing, but Mendenhall will be taking Tillman's place behind Douglas in the next game at the Titans.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #70
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

Incentives can be a pain, because it makes u have to save so much back for that player... Good luck against the Titans and watch out for Mendenhall, because his biggest knock on him is his very low carry rating around 48 I believe... That sucks about losing to the 2-8 Texans, but that happens sometimes...

Btw, Rex Ryan always winds up on a NFC north team after he leaves the Ravens, but usally it is the Lions, but sometimes it is the Bears or Vikings...
Old 01-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #71
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward_1385
Incentives can be a pain, because it makes u have to save so much back for that player... Good luck against the Titans and watch out for Mendenhall, because his biggest knock on him is his very low carry rating around 48 I believe... That sucks about losing to the 2-8 Texans, but that happens sometimes...

Btw, Rex Ryan always winds up on a NFC north team after he leaves the Ravens, but usally it is the Lions, but sometimes it is the Bears or Vikings...
It's worth it for a guy like Robinson. He has 96 for THP and THA, and 97 AWR. One of the best all time for sure. As for the cap issue I think I can get around that with so many draft picks

I signed Mendenhall because I needed a good backup for Douglas to get the things done. And Tillman just hadn't done his job so far. I saw Mendenhall's carry rating, but all the other stats for him was all very good. He won't be here for long though. I'll probably pick up a solid HB in the draft.

Like I said before, I just seems to have trouble playing against certain teams. Especially the Giants and the Seahawks. Maybe not the Giants anymore, they have weakened in the last few years. But I don't get to play them this season so I'm not sure if they are still that hard for me.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #72
Pro

Beat the Titans 24-14 in Tennessee. Flitzgerald wasn't starting for some reason, and I couldn't find him anywhere in the depth chart! Fortunately I have very good depth at WR. So Boldin and Montgomery is now the #1 and #2 receiver, and Randall gets to play slot again.

In the first half the team didn't play very well (this has been a trend since the last game vs Seahawks). Robinson threw 1 INT and was 7-14 at the half. The run game, however, had became better this time. (I decided to boost the slider from 87 to 90, it made a big difference) We were down 3-6 at the half.

In the second half, the offence had came bak to life. On a counter play, a well timed pull block by LG Huckleberry led to a 15 yard Douglas TD run. Then the D stepped up to make some big plays.
Asomugha had a beautiful INT, and Rain forced a fumble with a big hit. This resulted 2 TD passes to Randall. The Titans got a garbage TD at the end of the game, and the final score was 24-14.

Stats:
Passing
Robinson: 19-30, 256 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 3 sacks

Rushing
Douglas: 16-60, 3.7 Avg, 1 TD
Mendenhall: 3-9
Olson: 1-4
Robinson: 1-3

Receiving
Randall: 6-79, 2 TD
Boldin: 4-55
Montgomery: 3-45