Home

Building the Falcons (HC 09)

This is a discussion on Building the Falcons (HC 09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #17
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Building the Falcons (HC 09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSHHT
Why did u get so many QBs? And what are u gonna do with Flacco, he probably wants a massive contract.
Well at first I had 0 QB's on my roster, but Flacco turned in to an enormous bust, which sucks for me because I have him for 4 years and a 4.5M penalty if I cut him. So idk what to do with a 69 ovr buy with 79 potential who has 70 accuracy lol. I guess I'll just keep him until his contract expires. Im really wishing i would have drafted Mendenhall instead of Flacco
Old 01-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #18
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Falcons win first game of Porter Era

The defenses dominated in this game as Atlanta squeaked by Detroit, 13-10. Ken Dorsey completed 13 of 27 attempts for 138 yards, 1 touchdown and 1 interception to Ernie Sims. Jerious Norwood ran 20 times for 70 yards in attempting to prove he could be an every down back. Randy Moss caught 5 passes for 43 yards and 1 TD. The Falcons line was solid, only allowing 1 sack all day. Demorrio Williams attempted to earn his hefty paycheck as he was Atlanta's second-leading tackler with 9 tackles and 1 interception. Asante Samuel also gathered in a pick, forced a fumble, and recorded 4 stops. Keith Brooking led the team with 11 tackles. Detriot scored first on a 1-yard pass from John Kitna to Calvin Johnson in the 2nd quarter. That drive was answered by an Atlanta field goal. After Kitna threw the INT to Williams on the next drive, Norwood ran the team slowly downfield and Dorsey threw a 2-yard TD to Moss, giving Atlanta a 10-7 lead going into the half. After the Samuel pick, the Falcons got a field goal by Elam and never looked back as they held on for the W. Coach Porter said after the game, "It was just nice to start quickly out the gate with a win. I give all the credit in the world to our guys and Detroit for a hard-fought game."
Old 01-19-2010, 05:35 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson2Lafell
Brohm named Falcons QB

Atlanta, GA- Falcons Coach Larry Porter named his starting QB today as none other than rookie Brian Brohm from Louisville, coincidentally coached in his first 3 years by Falcons former coach Bobby Petrino. Brohm won the battle between veteran Ken Dorsey and 13th overall pick Joe Flacco. Brohm threw for 10,775 yards and 70 touchdowns with only 24 interceptions in his career at Louisville.
(Edited 2 days later)
BREAKING NEWS
Just days after being named the Falcons starting QB, Brian Brohm finds himself out for 3-5 months after getting injured in the Falcons 11-24 loss at the hands of the Texans in the first game of the pre-season. Brohm was 3-8 for 32 yards. The other Falcons QB's struggled also in relief of Brohm. Ken Dorsey went 7-21 for 130 yards and 1 interception. Rookie Joe Flacco was 2-7 for 9 yards and 1 interception.
why did you get two qb's?

Last edited by Limbombe; 01-19-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:39 PM   #20
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limbombe
why did you get flacco two qb's?
It was just a thing where I wanted to be set w/ my QB situation and Brohm was the best available player at the pick, so I grabbed him. Plus, I wasnt sure how Flacco would be on the game, and turns out he is 79 potential.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 11

Congrats on the win. And yeah Flacco is underated in this game, see if u can get some picks trading him in the second year.
BTW what offensive and defensive system are u running?
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2010, 08:24 PM   #22
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Quote:
Congrats on the win. And yeah Flacco is underated in this game, see if u can get some picks trading him in the second year.
BTW what offensive and defensive system are u running?
Im running basically Tom Moore Pass Attack w/ some plays for Norwood to run with and Jags Physical D, I run alot of man blitzes
Old 01-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson2Lafell
Im running basically Tom Moore Pass Attack w/ some plays for Norwood to run with and Jags Physical D, I run alot of man blitzes
Hey we have the same offensive playbook and I too call a lot of man blitzs.
It will be interesting to compare our team stats to see who's got the better team.
And ru playing your games or simming them? If ur playing them, how long is your quarters? Mine is 7 minutes, I found 15 min quarters just way too long and I often get ridiculously high scoring games from them.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:03 PM   #24
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Quote:
Hey we have the same offensive playbook and I too call a lot of man blitzs.
It will be interesting to compare our team stats to see who's got the better team.
And ru playing your games or simming them? If ur playing them, how long is your quarters? Mine is 7 minutes, I found 15 min quarters just way too long and I often get ridiculously high scoring games from them.
I simmed the lions game but i have the bucs next and i plan to play that one... i havent decided on quarter length but ill try 10 min maybe. I started the bucs game and was down 21-0 in the second when it froze.. lol lucky break but i think i know what i need to do... trade Ken Dorsey and get a QB who can see one of the 3 wide open receivers and not throw a bullet to Moss in triple coverage. But I may be stuck with him for a while so ill manage. I signed Josh Johnson to help with my QB situation b/c dorsey & flacco suck and Brohm is hurt. Also signed a QB from San Diego who i guess sat behind Johnson 4 years then went pro. Same skill set a little worse 65/88 but 76 accuracy idk what ill do QB-wise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »