Home

Coaching Career of Bud Foster

This is a discussion on Coaching Career of Bud Foster within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #41
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Coaching Career of Bud Foster

One other thing in the red zone...especially inside the 5...I will line up in goalline formation and use either a 70 or 80 pitch. If they stuff that I have a fake pitch and hand off to the fullback. The defenses like to stuff the middle so I will also do a playaction out of goaline that rolls the qb out of the pocket. I will flip it so he rolls to the strong side of the field. The te does a curl and the wr does a drag to the corner.

Those normally work very well for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #42
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

OVR: 7

Thanks for the advice, will do
Old 01-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #43
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Lions beat rival Packers in Foster's debut

Detroit, MI-- The Regular Season got off to a great start for the Lions, as they defeated the Green Bay Packers, 17-9. In his first start with the Lions, David Garrard went 18-29 for 257 yards, 2 touchdowns, and 1 interception. RB Kenton Kasom had 15 carries for 19 yards before being replaced late in the 4th by Aveion Cason, who had 2 carries for 10 yards. Both of Garrard's Touchdowns went to TE Michael Gaines, who lined up at FB due to injury's ahead of him. FA acquisition D.J. Williams, who was with new coach Bud Foster in Denver last year, led the team with 11 tackles and 1 sack. The other new LB in Detroit, ILB Bradie James, had 6 tackles and his 2nd career INT. The Packers played this game with QB Brian Brohm, as starter Aaron Rodgers was hurt. Brohm shows potential, but needs to make quicker decisions and be less obvious about where he was going. "Our team came together, and this is a rare feeling for me as an NFL coach, winning the game and all," joked Foster after the game, "We are excited about the team and their potential this year."

Last edited by Jefferson2Lafell; 01-28-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #44
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Lions get past 49ers, now 2-0

San Fransisco, CA-- Roy Williams had 8 catches for 112 yards, and none were sweeter than the 11 yard touchdown early in the 1st quarter. Williams ran a fade, and David Garrard threw a prayer to the endzone. Williams stopped, reversed and made a sweet one handed catch, tapping his feet down to ensure a touchdown. Garrard calmed down a bit after that, even though it was a great play, he didn't want to give a chance like that up again, and was efficient and played well in leading Detroit to a 24-16 win over the San Fransisco 49ers. Garrard threw for 256 yards and that score, and was also picked off on a tipped pass that fell into the hands of star MLB Patrick Willis, but Garrard made up for it on the next series, firing a perfect strike over Willis' hands to Brandon Williams, who took the ball to the 5 yard line, where Garrard scrambled in from on the next play. OLB Ernie Sims had 9 tackles, 2TFL, and 1 sack, and Travis Fisher added 4 tackles and an INT to the defensive stat book. Avieon Cason started for Kenton Kasom, who struggled in a win over Green Bay last week, and had 15 carries for 40 yards. Head Coach Bud Foster has now matched his total career wins in 2 games in Detroit. "It's an amazing thing, what we are a part of here. I feel more comfortable with these guys than I ever did with the offensive player's in Denver. They were great, but they were just too uptight. Here, everyone understands that they are allowed to have fun while playing the game."

A potential conflict arose in the locker room, as C Jon Dorenbos complained about his lack of playing time, which was due to injury, saying "There is no way that rookie is better than me. I said in the pre-game that I was ready to go, but the trainer wouldn't clear me. Well, I don't care what he says, I want back in or I want out." We'll see how this is handled by Coach Foster, who said when he took the job that this behavior would not be accepted on his team.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #45
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Breaking News: Dorenbos benched

Detroit, MI-- C Jon Dorenbos has been benched as of today, Coach Bud Foster announced today. "When I first heard, my response was to cut or trade him. If he doesn't like what we're doing in this organization, good-bye. But, when I was talking to him in my office, he was apologetic and said he didn't want to leave. I have demoted him to 2nd string and he will have to work to get to the top." Dorenbos complained about plaing time after he was not cleared to return from injury against the 49ers in yesterday's 24-16 Detroit win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #46
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Lions sweep Pack

Green Bay, WI-- The Detroit Lions completed their season sweep of the Green Bay Packers today as they beat the Packers for the second time in 3 weeks, 24-14. David Garrard had a great day, going 27-39 for 328 yards and 3 touchdowns, 2 to Roy Williams (6 Rec, 75 yds) and 1 to Ben Watson. (7 Rec, 75 yds) WR Calvin Johnson added 6 grabs for 85 yards. Aveion Cason was efficient running the ball, netting 38 yards on 13 carries. On the defensive side, Bradie James led the team with 9 tackles, then D.J. Williams, Kerry Rhodes, and Travis Fisher all had 7, with Fisher grabbing another INT, his second this year. Detroit only punted twice today, and had 362 yards of total offense. "The O really clicked today, and we got going when we needed to. I always tell the offense to not worry about the D, they can take care of themselves, just focus on us and what we are trying to do. It's worked so far, lets hope we can keep it up," said Coach Foster in his post-game conference.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:31 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 11

Good wins, I think you have a shot at at least the divisional title.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:32 PM   #48
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Lions squeak by Steelers in OT

Detroit, MI-- The Lions showed today that they are an elite team, knocking off the undefeated Steelers in overtime, 27-24, on the 38-yard boot by Alexis Serna. David Garrard had another big day, completing 28-42 for 386 yards and 3 touchdowns, one to Roy Williams, (9-151) one to Benjamin Watson, (4-36) and one to Aveion Cason. (3-26) Calvin Johnson had 10 receptions for 99 yards. As you can see in the picture, Johnson took a beating by the vaunted Steeler's D, but kept getting back up, even though he had to take a few plays off after this one. Ernie Sims had 11 tackles, 2 TFL and 1 sack, and Travis Fisher continues to impress, with 11 tackles and 3 deflections, covering elite WR Santonio Holmes. When the Lions were driving to win the game, Garrard scrambled out of the pocket and to the sideline, which James Harrison beat him to, absolutely leveling Garrard, who then left the game with the wind knocked out of him. Alex Brink, the second year pro came in, and threw an incompletion on the final play of regulation. The Lions won the coin toss and drove the ball on the ground, with Brink only attempting 4 passes on the drive, going 2-4 for 22 yards, leading the team to the 21 yard line, where Serna kicked through for the game. "I hope this proves the naysayers wrong, shows that we are a force to be reckoned with," said Lions coach Bud Foster after the game. The Lions are now 4-0.

Last edited by Jefferson2Lafell; 01-29-2010 at 04:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »