Home

The return of Warner

This is a discussion on The return of Warner within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #17
Rookie

Papa Pearce's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The return of Warner

I'm pissed. I read your first post, and it was so well done you had me believing that it was real for a moment!!! Then I saw this was under Coaching Dynasties and was angered that I had been fooled

lol very nice in-depth posts and updates. I'm looking forward to this dynasty. It already shows promise simply because of how awesome you are at writing these updates!
Old 02-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #18
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Pearce
I'm pissed. I read your first post, and it was so well done you had me believing that it was real for a moment!!! Then I saw this was under Coaching Dynasties and was angered that I had been fooled

lol very nice in-depth posts and updates. I'm looking forward to this dynasty. It already shows promise simply because of how awesome you are at writing these updates!
Thanks!
Old 02-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #19
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Warner publishes book

Miami, FL-- Dolphin's head coach Kurt Warner has published a book chronicling his life. Warner was famously bagging groceries 2 years before he was the NFL & Super Bowl MVP en route to a wonderful NFL career, which ended recently. Warner is now the coach of the Miami Dolphins, a team desperate for a coach that grabbed Warner in February this year. Warner has done well on paper, immensely improving the offensive line and defense with a big free agency and loaded draft. Warner said of the book,
"I have always wanted to share my story with others. My life has been an amazing story that God has gifted me with, and evidently, it's just getting started! The book includes parts about my youth, my college career, obviously my NFL career, and a chapter at the end about being an NFL coach and the crazy ride that ended me up as a head coach. I want to thank Torry Holt, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, Ken Wisenhunt, Isaac Bruce, Coach Vermeil, Marshall Faulk, and many others for their contributions and everything they have done for me through my career. Thank you so much."

Last edited by Jefferson2Lafell; 02-12-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:30 PM   #20
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Warner leads team to win in first game

Miami, FL-- Kurt Warner's "reign of terror" began in style. The Dolphins beat the New York Jets down in Dolphin Stadium, 31-10, to match their win total from last year in Week 1. The Dolphins began Warner's career off right, as their first offensive derive steadily went downfield for a Ronnie Brown touchdown from 1 yard out. Brown finished with 84 yards on 16 carries. The game looked to be close after a couple of solid drives by both defenses, until the Jets kicked a FG with 8 minutes left in the 2nd. That was when it really started to get out of hand. Andre Woodson led Miami down to the 8 yard line, where he tossed a TD to a fellow rookie, TE Mike Peterson from NW Missouri State. The Jets got the ball back and immediately threw a deep interception to Rookie ILB Tavares Gooden, who returned it to the NY 41. It took 5 plays from there, with Woodson hitting another rookie in WR Donnie Avery for his second touchdown of the day with 0:28 left on the clock in the second. The future looks good in Miami. The Phin's took the opening kickoff down the field and got a 38-yard FG by rookie Alexis Serna. When Leon Washington got a TD run with 5 minutes left in the fourth, it didn't really matter anymore as the game was all but over, but the Dolphins and HB Marquis Weeks added another TD on a 1-yard scamper, 31-10, final. Warner led both teams in a prayer after the game (pictured) and then raced off to the locker room, jumping and celebrating the great win with his team. "Man, we look good today!" said Warner in his press conference. "I love the dividends our rookies are paying for us already. Andre led the team on the field and on the sidelines, and Ronnie [Brown] told me he loves having another player who wants to lead the team out there. For a minute there, I thought I was one of the guys again, and was confused when the coach didn't get up there for a post-game speech!" [laughs] "Questions?"
R: Coach, how do you feel about the 2 interceptions Woodson threw today?
CW: Well, that is something we want to eliminate, but he did a heck of a job out there and led us to a great victory. We didn't tell him to come in and be a superstar, but that doesn't stop him from trying. Some plays he looked it, sometimes not. We'll work on the turnovers, but I loved the touchdown to Mike[Peterson], if that throw was just a little off the mark, it was an INT.
R: Coach, how different was it to come out and trade pads for a headset?
CW: Well, obviously it takes some getting used to, but I think the pre-season was enough for me to be acclimated to it.
R: Speaking of the pre-season, did you think that your guy's would do something like this after going 2-2 with that 12-56 beatdown by Philly?
CW: I think that game really put in perspective for us that half effort would not win anything in this league. That was one of the things I stressed to the players before the game. I really believe this is a special group of guys, and yes, I believe if we play to our potential, we can do what we just did to anyone. I'll take one last question.
R: How did you feel about Jake Long's performance?
CW: Loved it. Looking at the stat sheet, I love everyone's play today. We allowed 3 sacks, but 2 were by Stacy [Andrews], and the other was by Ben [Noll]. So I think Coach [Mike] Maser, [Dolphins O-Line Coach] will work with the interior of the line this week. Thanks for your time, but the wife & I are taking the kids to dinner to celebrate. See ya next week!
Old 02-13-2010, 02:50 AM   #21
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

Good job on getting ur first win of the season... Hope to see many more come ur way...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #22
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

This isnt dead, just taking a break. Will be back in the next few weeks.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:51 AM   #23
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson2Lafell
This isnt dead, just taking a break. Will be back in the next few weeks.
That's good to hear, can't wait to have u back, love the write ups, looking forward to some more...
Old 03-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #24
MVP

Very nice posts, lots of detail. I'm looking forward to seeing more when you get back to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »