Home

Jetting Off To Victory---My New York Jets Dynasty, Starting in the 2014 Season (HC09)

This is a discussion on Jetting Off To Victory---My New York Jets Dynasty, Starting in the 2014 Season (HC09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2010, 04:10 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Jetting Off To Victory---My New York Jets Dynasty, Starting in the 2014 Season (H

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
I am thinking about trying to get him (Mangold) during FA for my Panthers team...is he that good? Okay...he is from Ohio State so I KNOW he is good...but...well...u know what I mean
I 've never had him until now but I've heard that he is very good in contract talks. I don't remember his attributes, but I do remember that they are great, so I say you should get him.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #18
Pro

Re: Jetting Off To Victory---My New York Jets Dynasty, Starting in the 2014 Season (H

BTW, BrownsBucksFanNC, how did you get three links in your signature, when I put in the third link in, it always says that the total character number cannot be more the 600.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:20 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Those big contracts make the first year after switching awful. Do they have alot of incentives as well? When I moved to the Redskins I had alot tied up in over-payed older players and 27 of the contracts had incentives involved.
OMG I totally forgot about the incentives. I will check it when I play tomorrow. All I know right now is that Zazzali has a 3M incentive he will get for sure (3500? yard passing), and two more 3M incentive that he will likely not be able to get.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:24 PM   #20
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSHHT
BTW, BrownsBucksFanNC, how did you get three links in your signature, when I put in the third link in, it always says that the total character number cannot be more the 600.

I would shorten the titles of them...maybe just put the team name and see if that works. I would imagine if you count the number of characters in the 3 strings it is more than 600...remember to count spaces as well.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:38 PM   #21
Pro

I checked the roster for players with incentives, and I find MANY of them. My cap right now is 33M, while the total potentail incentives worth altogether around 36M! But most of those were given to backups who can never reach the goal, or with players on the last year of their deal, so when I resign them they will not have that anymore. I listed some starters with incentives that have some chance of getting them:
WR Binger(last year of deal): 1000 yard rec (1.25M), 10 TD (1.25M), Pro Bowl (500k)
WR Redman have the same incentives while not in his last year.
LE Dumervil: 10 sacks, 50 tackles (500K each)
LOLB Hayes+MLB Harris: 100 tackles, 10 sacks (500K each)
CB McKelvin (now this is his real name, I got McIcevin the first time, lol) 5 INT, 50 tackles (1M each)
P Larson: Start in 16 games (1M) This is good, because if I run into cap trouble I can just not start him for 1 game and save 1M.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2010, 05:42 PM   #22
Pro

Roster update. Remeber I said that the 80/84 FS Minter has coverage skills in the 40s? Well, I mixed him up with backup SS Paige. Minter has a 81 man coverage and zone can go up to 90. He is still probably not going to start for me, because I've got my eyes on a former Cardinal who just got cut. I'll talk about the details next with my FA thoughts/targets.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:10 PM   #23
Pro

Heading into free agency, here are my targeted needs from most important to least important:
TE
#2 DT
LB
S
OL
WR

Now, this year's FA class is loaded with talants at these positions (except for S), so it won't be very hard to find the right guy, plus my cap room is pretty good too (33M). For TE, my first target will be Witten. He is a vert talanted player with many above avrage skills. Despite his age at 31, he is very healthy. The second option will be either former Cardinal starting TE Wally White or Dallas Clark. White is got the potential and is at 28. While Clark is at 34 but very healthy and have better skills than White. What will happen depends on the price they each ask, but I think I will be getting Witten.

The LB FAs is full of good players: Briggs, Bulluck, and Phillips are all up for grab. I think I'll go with Briggs, he is the best among them and is in very good shape despite his age. The knock on him will be that his price would probably be a little high.

The #2 DT is a big need, I saw a few good players, but I'm afraid that most of their prices will be too high. So I looked at the what I call "buffering zone" between the big names and backup players. Tuens out their really is none. The closest guy is a created player with a 87 OVR, then the next guy has a 81 OVR. I will he the price of him and decided whether to get him or not.

Although I found out Minter does not have coverage skills in the 40s. his 81 man coverage still doesn't satisfy me. So when I saw the Cardinals released their dime CB Bulluck. He's got man and zone coverage that goes up to 89, a good height (6'3"), plus he is also a good returner too. I decided that I will get him and move him or McKelvin to FS. He will probably be cheap to sign since he's still not developed yet.

The o-line right now is a little bit better than okay, but I would really want to improve that RT position. This problem was solved when I saw another former Cardinals, RT Hoover, on the FA list. He's a very good pass block tackle with great footwork, his weakness is blocking strenth. But the footwork covers that and he also have a run blocking skill of 90.

I'm missing a slot WR right now. I saw two targets in the FA, Donne Avery and another former Cardinal, #4WR Mathis. He was a former 1st round pick, and has the potential to be great at the slot, but he has not been able to play much at Arizona because of the loaded talant at the position. I might try to get him as the slot, but this year's WR class is a 4 star, so I'll need to think about it more. Avery will be a good replacement for Binger if I can't reach a deal with him. But again there is the draft, so I'll need to think about it.

I will start the FA tomorrow.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:20 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
I would shorten the titles of them...maybe just put the team name and see if that works. I would imagine if you count the number of characters in the 3 strings it is more than 600...remember to count spaces as well.
Thanks for the advise. It worked. But I had to cut a lot of words, and now it looks lame. Oh well, at least there are 3 links on it now.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »