Home

Jetting Off To Victory---My New York Jets Dynasty, Starting in the 2014 Season (HC09)

This is a discussion on Jetting Off To Victory---My New York Jets Dynasty, Starting in the 2014 Season (HC09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2010, 08:27 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Jetting Off To Victory---My New York Jets Dynasty, Starting in the 2014 Season (H

Coach's thoughts about the game:
Well Hood clearly did not play well in the game. It doesn't bother me though, because I expected that, being a rookie QB with 66 AWR and a team that don't know the playbook is tough. The single reason that rookie QBs struggle in their first year is because of their low awerness to begin with. But Hood can go up to 96 AWR, because I just unlocked his 92 POT! I'm focusing on getting Hood's AWR to as high as possible in the pre season games, so Zazzali would get much chance to play until the first regular season game.

But the real surprise came from the rookie HBs! I expected Hampton having a high potential, but I did not expect him to do so well in his first game, I also did not expect Randolph to do so good, right now he's looking very good in the battle of that 3rd down RB spot. Hampton was just AMAZING in the game, I'll check later how many tackles he broke, I think at least 10. His trucking isn't very high but he was constantly running over the defenders. However, he could not have did it withour the o-line, they put up some big blocks this game, Mangold had 3 pancakes! The next game is at the Vikings, so I'll be expecting for a run game like this against their cover 2.

Oh, btw, ur right Edward, Zazzail IS left handed, looks like I'll have to switch Hoover back to RT again.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #50
Pro

Re: Jetting Off To Victory---My New York Jets Dynasty, Starting in the 2014 Season (H

Beat the Vikings 30-10 in the second pre season game. The running game was not as good as last game, partly because of me turning the quarter length to 5 mins and passing more with Hood finally starting to get use to playing in the NFL. The defence was okay. They made some big stops, but the safties gave up some big pass plays and the run D did not play as good as I wanted them to. The speacial teams did a good job securing the win. We scored a TD on both opening kickoffs of the 2 halves. The first was off a fumble, the second was a 90 yard kick return by McKelvin. We face the Patriots next in week 3 of the pre season, this will be the first challenge for my team. Hopefully we don't get beat too badly by them.

Passing stats
Hood: 12-18, 238, 2 TD

Rushing stats
Hampton: 30 yards on 10 carries
Randolph: 17 yards on 4 carries, 1 TD
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #51
Pro

I made some roster changes after the game at the Vikings. The 3 trade ups in the draft had again depleted my draft picks for this year. I had only a 1st and 4th round pick, plus another 4th round pick from the Seahawks left. So I placed almost everyone on the trade block. The Ravens offer for my backup ROLB Moffett who has a 85 OVR in the prototype philosophy. He is nothing great except for the speed and pass rush moves. Everything else about him sucks. We went back and forth and I was very happy to trade him away for the Ravens 3rd round pick of this year (2015).

Before the Vikings game, 4 of my 5my undrafted rookies were already cut. The only one remaining was HB Randolph. Although he had put up impressive numbers, I did not like his attributes. He is slow and does not have enough strength and trucking, also he has a pair of bad hands. I decided to cut him before the Patriots game. For his replacement I signed one of my former Cardinals, HB Amos Tillman. He played backup for Douglas at the Cardinals, and was cut just a few days ago. I got him for 990K. He is fast, and can develop good vision. The only knock on him is that he is not very strong so I will have to use Hampton as the 3rd down back. He also have a 38 AWR, but it could go up to 90.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2010, 06:32 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 26

I've never been able to have much success with pancake blocks. I usually can't get more than 2. Will you have enough cap space to re-sign players during the season?
Old 02-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #53
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
I've never been able to have much success with pancake blocks. I usually can't get more than 2. Will you have enough cap space to re-sign players during the season?
It's gonna be a little tough. I forgot to mention that WR Kingsley has a concussion aand is out for 4-6 weeks, so I signed the former Cardinal WR Mathis for 900K. This brings my cap room down to 470K, so I can't really resign anyone unless they want a lower contract. I hope Mangold will come and take a pay cut for the team, that would really help a lot. I'm planning to trade Zazzali this season, so it should free up about 12M in cap space, the problem is that I want to use him to play as much reguler season game as possible, just to take some pressure off Hood, so I'm going to trade him before the deadline in week 7. This means that I can't resign any player until then. Another problem is that no team currently even want him! Maybe things will change once we get into the regular season. But if it doesn't, I will use the backup plan, which is cutting the two players that are eating up the cap. I can either cut HB Bradshaw (80), who has 2 years left on his contract, it will free up 3.3M in cap and minus the penalty, about 1M next year. Another player that I can cut is FS Minter (80). He also has 2 years left on his deal, and it will save me 8.2M this year and about 1M next year.

No matter what happens, I will be able to get enough cap room to resign the players I want. This will be a tough salary cap year. It will get better later on, as I can release the big cap eaters with too much penalty to cut right now.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #54
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

Good luck on this cap! It is going to take some good management skills to maneuver through this!
Old 02-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #55
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
Good luck on this cap! It is going to take some good management skills to maneuver through this!
Yeah this year is the hardest part, once I get over this, the rest will be easy. Guess I got carried away there by all the big name FAs and the 3rd overall pick, but I have confidence in myself!
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2010, 11:05 PM   #56
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSHHT
Yeah this year is the hardest part, once I get over this, the rest will be easy. Guess I got carried away there by all the big name FAs and the 3rd overall pick, but I have confidence in myself!
I remember my first season with Baltimore. I traded the 7th OVA pick, and didn't really sign anyone big in FA.

As for my first season in the D', the only big guy I signed was Asomugha, so I guess I like to play it cool in FA.

But this is the most fun you'll probably have. Once you clear the cap, it'll be all downhill from there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »