Home

Just Win Baby! HC 09 Raiders Dynasty

This is a discussion on Just Win Baby! HC 09 Raiders Dynasty within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2010, 07:00 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Just Win Baby! HC 09 Raiders Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanedeception
so your not going to fire al "worst gm ever' davis? (actually he was pretty good back then just 2003-present)
That's kind of the challenge of this dynasty...constructing a winner with Al Davis at the helm.

It's pretty weird....I'd set the Draft Board, I'd check it before our pick, our pick would come up and Al would suggest some guy who was on our list, but nowhere near the top. He did go with me on Rivers and Manningham, but Bake, Baker and Wilson were not the top guys on the draft board at the time they were picked...they weren't even top 5 and in the case of Bake and Wilson, their were other players at their position rated above them. It definitely makes drafting different.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #18
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

OVR: 11

Ouch he cut Hale? That's not good. Hale was always one of those guys I made sure I drafted in my dynasties. I like how you have to do what the GM says. It doesn't look like you'll be going to the Superbowl anytime soon though.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #19
MVP

Regular Season Begins

As far as football rivalries go, Broncos vs. Raiders has to be up there with the best of them. There is no team that Denver fans love to hate more than the Raiders, and no team that Oakland fans enjoy despising more the Broncos.

Many Broncos and Oakland alike don't care if their team loses every other game they play in a given season, as long as they win these games.

In fact this hate-hate relationship is arguably the most intense rivalry in all of football. The reasons are many and varied, but they have stood the test of time and like the Hatfields and the McCoys; it is a feud that will never find its end.

These two teams know each other very well, and always come to play each other. But both teams have changed significantly since they last met.

at
Week 1

Broncos win the toss and choose to receive.

The Broncos start off well moving the ball efficiently on the ground with HB Shaun Alexander and through the air thanks to QB Jay Cutler and TE's Daniel Graham and Tony Scheffler. After a couple first downs, the Raiders manage to hold them. Denver is out of FG range so they punt.

Oakland tries moving it on the ground with HB Justin Fargas. Fargas has some success, but the Raiders need QB JaMarcus Russell to get the 1st down and keep the drive moving. QB J. Russell seems a bit unsteady, but keeps finding safety blanket TE Zach Miller to keep the ball moving. Oakland gets it into the redzone, but runs into a wall. After losing yards on a pair of HB Fargas runs, and an incomplete pass, Coach Joslin sends in K S. Janikowski. K S. Janikowski puts 3 on the board with a 36yd FG.

DEN 0 OAK 3

Denver doesn't take long to respond. HB Shaun Alexander is doing a decent job exploiting the middle of the Raiders DL, but he hits the homerun, when he takes it outside. Raiders blitz up the middle, Cutler gets the pitch off, Alexander turns the corner and there is no one to stop him. HB S. Alexander 48yd TD run (Lindell kick)

DEN 7 OAK 3

Denver's defense steps up next and forces the Raiders to punt.

Oakland also forces a punt.

Raider HB Justin Fargas is having limited success, but the Broncos are going to make QB J. Russell throw. QB J. Russell responds by moving the Raiders down the field and then hitting WR R. Curry for a 7yd TD (Janikowski kick)

DEN 7 OAK 10 in the beginning of the second quarter

Broncos QB J. Cutler can't get the 1st down after HB Shaun Alexander gets stuffed for two losses. Broncos punt.

With HB J. Fargas failing to have success on the ground, Coach Joslin is putting this one in the hands of QB J. Russell. Russell manages to move the Raiders into enemy territory before he makes a mistake. QB Russell throws for HB Fargas on a wheel route, but nickel CB Dre Bly steps in front, grabs the interception and returns it 61yds for the TD. (Lindell kick)

DEN 14 OAK 10 less than 2 minutes in the half.

QB J. Russell and the Raiders go to their 2 minute offense with 80yds to go. Russell finds rookie WR Mario Manningham for the first. Next he throws a couple of dangerous passes, but redeems himself when he hits TE Zach Miller for another first. WR J. Higgins makes a big catch and then WR R. Curry finishes the drive with a 29yd TD reception. (Janikowski kick) with 13 seconds in the half.

DEN 14 OAK 17 at half time

The Raiders get the ball to start the second half. HB Fargas has finally found his rhythm and is moving Oakland down the field 5yds at a time. In the redzone, HB J. Fargas runs a sweep to the left and after breaking a tackle looks like he's headed for paydirt. CB C. Gamble flies in from the right side, jarring the ball free. OLB D. Williams scoops up the ball and takes it out of bounds. Broncos ball!

HB S. Alexander and QB J. Cutler move Denver down the field, but the Raider defense stiffens in the redzone, and after a couple incomplete passes and a sack, Coach Shanahan sends in K R. Lindell for the 35yd FG.

DEN 17 OAK 17

QB J. Russell wastes no time in giving the ball right back to the surging Broncos. QB Russell throws for his favorite target TE Zach Miller but LB D. Williams is waiting. Interception. Broncos ball.

WR Brandon Marshall finally makes an appearance in this game with 3 catches. Just as Denver looks to take this one over. The Raider defense finds another gear. Coach Joslin is sending rookie OLB Keith Rivers on blitzes from everywhere. He's subbing him in as a DE, moving him to blitz from the middle, strong side and weak side. Cutler never knew what hit him. Broncos punt.

Oakland HB Justin Fargas does a better job controlling the ball this time around and with the occassional pass from QB Russell takes the Raiders all the way down the field. HB Fargas ends the drive with a 2yd dive into the endzone. (Janikowski kick)

DEN 17 OAK 24 in the 4th quarter

The Raiders are blitzing like crazy and QB Cutler can barely get the ball off. QB J. Cutler does manage to pick up a first down before his line completely falls apart. With less than 9 minutes in the game and trailing by 7 the Broncos decide to go for it on 4th down. QB Cutler drops back, OLB K. Rivers comes free and drops him for the sack. Turnover on downs.

The Broncos defense seems to have dialed in on Raider HB Fargas and he can't get anything going. QB J. Russell has to throw for the first down. Russell drops back and has WR M. Manningham open in the endzone. He throws, CB Champ Bailey recovers and gets there just in time, the ball is bobbled, Bailey comes down with it and starts to run. Bailey is dropped at the 3yd line. Broncos ball.

That was QB J. Russell's 3rd INT. Coach Joslin benches QB J. Russell.

DC Rob Ryan fires up the defense and after stopping HB Shaun Alexander for a loss of 2, DE D. Burgess sacks QB J. Cutler in the endzone for a safety.

DEN 17 OAK 26

With HB Fargas being bottled up on the ground, Coach Joslin turns to backup QB Andrew Walter. QB Andrew Walter comes in and moves the ball efficiently until he's forced out of the pocket and makes a bad throw. CB C. Gamble is there. Broncos ball with less than 2 minutes remaining.

QB Cutler wants to mount an Elway-esque comeback, but OLB Keith Rivers is having none of it. Rivers tears through the OL and leaves Cutler battered and bruised. Broncos fail to convert on 4th down. Raiders take over less than a minute to go.

Coach Joslin is going to run out the clock with HB Fargas. HB Justin Fargas has other ideas. Bouncing the play to the outside, Fargas breaks a tackle and is off to the races. 57yd TD run (Janikowski kick)

DEN 17 OAK 33 Final.

Player Stats
OAK QB J. Russell 14 of 27 (51%) for 186yds 2 TDs 3 INTs
OAK QB A. Walter 5 of 8 (62%) for 85yds 1 INT

DEN QB J. Cutler 9 of 16 (56%) for 101yds

OAK HB J. Fargas 27 carries for 154yds 2 TDs

DEN HB S. Alexander 13 carries for 97yds 1 TD

OAK TE Z. Miller 6 catches for 68yds
OAK WR R. Curry 4 catches for 54yds 2 TDs

DEN WR B. Marshall 3 catches for 21yds

OAK RT M. Wilson 3 Pancake Blocks

OAK OLB K. Rivers 14 Tackles, 12 TFL, 12 Sacks, 1 Deflection

DEN OLB D. Williams 10 Tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Fumble Recovery
DEN CB D. Bly INT, 61yd INT return for a TD

Time of Possession: DEN 23:10 / OAK 36:47
Old 03-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #20
MVP

Weekly Award Winners

AFC
Offensive Player of the Week:

HB Justin Fargas 27 rushes for 154yds 2 TDs, 2 catches for 26yds

Defensive Player of the Week:

OLB Keith Rivers 14 tackles, 12 sacks

NFC
Offensive Player of the Week:

WR Ike Hilliard 10 catches for 181yds 3 TDs

Defensive Player of the Week:

LE Aaron Kampman 9 tackles, 4 sacks
Old 03-17-2010, 01:55 AM   #21
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Geeze 12 sacks!

Nice job so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 02:30 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 15

Boy do i hate al davis, the raiders, and jamarcus Russel lol good dynasty
Old 03-17-2010, 01:27 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 26

I've played the games 6 years in my dynasty, and I never got 12 sacks in a game with a single player(best I ever had was 5). I'd like to know how you did that.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #24
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

OVR: 11

Yeah I'm wondering about that too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »