Home

Just Win Baby! HC 09 Raiders Dynasty

This is a discussion on Just Win Baby! HC 09 Raiders Dynasty within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Just Win Baby! HC 09 Raiders Dynasty

Note: This one got closed out due problems with the 360. I am currently doing a Chiefs franchise. Check it out @ http://www.operationsports.com/forum...9-dynasty.html

Breaking News: Unknown to coach the Oakland Raiders

After a tumultuous off season, GM Al Davis has fired Head Coach Lane Kiffin. Owner and GM Al Davis shocked the NFL world by announcing the firing of Kiffin and his intention to hire a coaching unknown for the 7-9 Oakland Raiders.

A source inside the Raiders organization had this to say, “Al Davis is crazy!"

Coach Joslin comes from Oklahoma State University where he was an offensive assistant. When reached for comment, OSU Head Coach, Mike Gundy had this to say, "Really? This isn't some kind of joke?"

When pressed about his unorthodox decision, Davis had this to say, "As GM of the Raiders, I've built one of the most talented teams in the league. Talent isn't the problem, coaching is the problem!" "Norv Turner, Art Shell, Lane Kiffin all of those guys were idiots! They didn't know what to do with all the talent I brought in, they always wanted to fight me, they wanted their guys...but they didn't have any idea about what makes a good football player. I know! Mark my words JaMarcus Russell will be a Pro Bowl QB! This time around, I'm doing things right. I'll handle the GM side of things. I'll draft the players, I'll tell the coach who to re-sign, and who to trade for. I know talent, and I'll make sure we have the talent to win. Coach Joslin will focus on winning ball games." "I told him that, I told him, just win, baby...just win!"

It remains to be seen exactly how this will work out, but sources around the league speculate that Owner/GM Davis will have exclusive control on who to sign and who to cut. Coach Joslin will be responsible for putting together a Draft Board, but GM Davis will be the one picking the players. GM Davis will handle all the Training Camp Invites. Although some personnel people around the league believe that Davis will allow Coach Joslin some leeway when it comes to bringing in Free Agents and Camp Invites. A source within the Raiders organization, said Davis is planning on allowing Joslin $5M to sign free agents.

When reached for comment, Coach Joslin had this to say, "I'm excited by the opportunity to coach in the NFL. I feel confidant that I will be able to work with Owner/GM Davis."

Sources close to Coach Joslin speculated off the record, that Joslin jumped at the chance to coach the Raiders. It's an NFL team, what coach doesn't want to coach at that level...even if it is for Al Davis.

Coaches around the league are skeptical that Coach Joslin is ready.

Last edited by kdmajoslin; 06-27-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Just Win Baby! HC 09 Raiders Dynasty

Oakland Raiders

House Rules
*ADEMBROWSKI sliders

*No Custom Plays

*No cuts not approved by GM (basically the GM will make cuts in training camp and will make cut dead weight recommendations...otherwise I can't cut anyone)

*$5M cap on Free Agents

*Coach sets Draft Board, GM makes selections

Playbooks

Offense: Joslin OSU Run (based off General Sanders Army Run Offense)
Defense: Joslin Attack Defense (based off Raiders Rover)

Team Philosophy

Coach Hire: Give up no control
Trades: Down, Neutral, Neutral, Aggressive
Draft: Needs, Needs, Big School
Contract: Generous, Hvy, $1M, Talent, Normal, Evenly, Overpay

QB Strong Arm/2
HB Speed/4
FB Ball Carrier/1
WR Speed/4
TE Playmaker/2
OL Size/1/3/3
DT One Gap/3
DE Undersized/4
OLB Balanced/4
MLB Tackler/3
CB Prototype/4
FS Prototype/2
SS Prototype/2
K/P Big Foot/1/1

Team Building: FA/Upside
Playcall: Blitz Hvy, Man, HC, 46, Aggressive, Hvy, HC, Power Running
Depth Chart: Bench, Bench, Balanced, Balanced, Balanced
Injury: Aggressive

(I basically kept things as Al likes them, with a few changes and some changes in coaching style)
Old 03-14-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
MVP

Oakland Raiders

Coaching Staff

HC Ken Joslin 12 (Performance 3, Ambition, QB Readiness, Improved QB Reads, WR Discipline, RB Discipline)

OC Gregg Knap 8

DC Rob Ryan 86

STC B. Schneider 8

QBC J. DeFilippo 3

HBC T. Rathman 61

WRC J. Lofton 71

OLC T. Cobble 35

LBC D. Martindale 67

DBC W. Black 63

DLC K. Millard 35

GM A. David 28

Trainer C. Turner 56

Last edited by kdmajoslin; 03-14-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
MVP

Oakland Raiders
Coach Joslin and the Raiders use the Franchise Tag on CB N. Asomugha. Asomugha was unhappy with being franchised as he had been hoping for a major payday and change of scenery.

Coach Joslin and DB Coach Black were in total agreement on the need to keep CB Asomugha. Coach Joslin is planning on blitzing on almost every down, and needs corners that can shutdown opposing receivers in man coverage. So this was a no brainer.
Around the League

The Giants franchise K Lawrence Tynes.

The Bears franchise OLB Lance Briggs.

The Steelers franchise LG Alan Faneca.

The Patriots franchise WR Randy Moss.

The Titans franchise DT Albert Haynesworth.

The Bengals franchise DE Justin Smith.

Unexpectedly Arizona lets OLB Karlos Dansby explore Free Agency. Dallas decides LT Flozell Adams is getting a little too long in the tooth, and opt not to tag him. Baltimore lets OLB Terrell Suggs walk away as well.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:06 PM   #5
MVP

Oakland Raiders
Owner/GM Al Davis has laid down the law, letting Coach Joslin know that he expects him to bring in a top flight (OVR 85 or better) DE, OLB, and DT. Davis let Coach Joslin know that he doesn't care how he does it, trade for them, get them in free agency or draft them, just get them baby!

Coach Joslin looked at the options in free agency, and found them to be unavailable or too expensive. So that leaves trading for them or drafting them.

The Raiders were contacted by Mike Shanahan and the Broncos, to see if Oakland had any interest in DE Elvis Dumervil. Dumervil is a undersized speed guy, and a great fit for Coach Joslin's Attack Defense. After a few rounds of calls back and forth, a deal was finalized.

Broncos send DE Elvis Dumervil (88 OVR) to Oakland in exchange for the Raiders 3rd and 4th round selections in 2009.

Owner/GM Al Davis was reportedly happy with the acquisition.

The Raiders did acquire two players in free agency.

Coach Joslin wanted to solidify the OL with players who could run and pass block. To that end, he worked with OL Coach Tom Cobble to identify 10 prospects from the Free Agent offensive lineman (LG T. Fonoti, C J. Hartwig, C D. Koppen, RT M. Starks, LT T. Tucker, LT C. Colmer, RT M. Williams, RG J. Terry, LG J. Bell, and LG Z. Pillar.)

Working on a shoestring budget for free agents, Joslin missed out on his top rated guys, but was able to bring in LT T. Tucker and LT C. Colmer.

LT Torrin Tucker signs a 2yr deal worth $1.3M with no bonus

LT Chris Colmer signs a 1yr deal worth $500K with no bonus
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

Nice trade on Dumervil, I have him in my Jets career and he is great at OVR 90 making the Pro Bowl. What's the ratings for the two LTs though? From the contract they look like backup and 3rd stringers.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:40 PM   #7
MVP

LT Torrin Tucker (OVR 82/82 POT)- Tucker doesn't look like a starter, but has mid to high 80's in pass blocking (85), run blocking (86) and decent impact blocking (74). He's a guy I've had before and he outplays his overall.

LT Chris Colmer (OVR 80/82 POT)- I'm hoping I can get him to outplay his overall like Tucker. He also has mid 80's in run blocking (86), pass blocking (84) and impact blocking (85).

The price was right and they were worth the gamble...the Raiders OL stinks (LT M. Henderson 79/84, LG R. Gallery 82/82, C J. Grove 79/80, RG C. Morris 78/80, and RT M. Wilson 87/90), so these guys have a decent shot of starting, at least in the short term.

Last edited by kdmajoslin; 03-15-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #8
MVP

Free Agent Signings Around the League

Notable Signings:

Saints sign CB Marcus Trufant

Broncos sign RT Jordan Gross, HB Shaun Alexander, OLB Demorrio Williams, RG Jake Scott

Patriots sign OLB Terrell Suggs

Bengals sign FS Eugene Wilson

Dolphins sign CB Asante Samuel, WR Donte Stallworth, LG Ruben Brown

49ers sign LT Flozell Adams

Giants sign FS Ken Hamlin

Lions sign DE Antwan Odom, TE LJ Smith

Panthers sign CB Randall Gay, LG Stacy Andrews

Falcons sing HB Michael Turner, FS OJ Atogwe, WR Bernard Berrian

Chiefs sign OLB Karlos Dansby

Eagles sign OLB Kawika Mitchell, WR Isaac Bruce

Texans sign RG Ben Noll, HB Travis Henry, and LG Jacob Bell

The Chicago Bears were the only team to not sign any free agents.

The Atlanta Falcons signed the most free agents with 13. Three teams tied for second bringing in 11 free agents (Broncos, Dolphins, and the Texans.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »