Home

Rebuilding the Jets - Milkman41's Jets dynasty, starting in 2012

This is a discussion on Rebuilding the Jets - Milkman41's Jets dynasty, starting in 2012 within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Rebuilding the Jets - Milkman41's Jets dynasty, starting in 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmajoslin
I think a short preview of each team would be good. I'm thinking of adding that to mine. I think it helps readers to have an idea about what is happening around the league, and who is on the way up and who is on the way down.
Yeah that's why I do it, it just takes so long to do haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2010, 11:51 PM   #26
Pro

NFC East Season Preview

Washington Redskins
The Redskins took another step forward, further improving from 9 - 7 to 11 - 5, as WR Tyrus Duhon had yet another 1000-yard season, with 61 receptions for 1034 yards and 4 TDs. QB Jason Campbell had the second-highest QB rating of his career at 88.9, as he threw for 3109 yards, 19 TDs, and 16 INTs, but the Redskins addressed the QB position both in the draft and in free agency, signing former Bucs starter Josh Johnson (103.8 QB rating) to a 5-year deal, and they drafted QB Corey Bobo with the 23rd overall pick. The Skins also addressed a poor running game with the selection of HB Dana Moore in the 2nd round (#51). Look for the Redskins to make some noise again this season, as they return a decent offense and defense.

Starters:
QB: Josh Johnson (Jason Campbell #2, Corey Bobo #3)
HB: Clinton Portis
FB: Todd Marino
TE: Chris Cooley (2nd rounder Aaron Dantonio #2)
WR: Tyrus Duhon, Earl Bennett (2011 1st rounder Quincy Shoemate #5)
OL: Jason Peters, Arron Sears, Alex Stepanovich, Aric Herman, Brock Farr

DL: Igor Olshansky, Cornelius Griffin, Spencer Brown (4 sacks in 2011), Chuck Orr (6 sacks with KC in 2011)
LB: Marcus Washington, Corbin Scott (2nd rounder Winky Culliver #2), Rocky Mcintosh
CB: Fred Bennett, Gerald Bush (2010 #2 overall Flash Raines #3)
S: Laron Landry, Brock Henry

K: Nate Kaeding
P: Champ Reese
KR/PR: Earl Bennett

Philadelphia Eagles
The Eagles bounced back from 2010's 7 - 9 showing, finishing with a 10 - 6 record, but it wasn't enough to surpass the Giants and Redskins, who finished ahead of them. The Eagles spent their 1st 3 picks on defense, drafting LE Jaret Jaffey (2 - 52), SS Sugar Wynn (2 - 38), and ROLB Brandon Barber (1 - 22). Although all three players are good prospects, the Eagles may have been better off addressing an aging offense that has now lost its star LT William 'Tra' Thomas to retirement (although new starter Tre Carlton looks solid). HB Joseph Addai had a bad season, with a 3.4 YPC, and TE Kellen Winslow is always injured. The Eagles defense is above-average but far from elite, and the offense is solid, which means the Eagles should challenge for a playoff spot, but may finish 3rd in the division again.

Starters:
QB: Donovan McNabb (2011 1st rounder Ron Ellis #3)
HB: Joseph Addai
FB: Jameel Shoemate
TE: Kellen Winslow
WR: Roy Wiliams, Santonio Holmes
OL: Tre Carlton, Todd Herremans, Rico Jensen, Shawn Andrews, Jon Jansen

DL: Ray Pittman (2nd rounder Jaret Jaffey #2), Tank Tyler, Julius Jordan (R), Trent Cole (2010 1st rounder Conrad McDonald #2)
LB: Antwan Barnes, Larry Foote, Dallas Sartz (Brandon Barber #2)
CB: Sheldon Brown, Justin Easley
S: Marvin White, Sugar Wynn (R)

K: David Akers
P: Daniel Sepulveda
KR/PR: Chevis Jackson

Dallas Cowboys
The Cowboys fell to 7 - 9 last season, good for last in the NFC East, and they used their only 1st day pick on WR Jermaine Fitzgerald, picked 16th overall. Early reports on Fitzgerald are not encouraging, who is having tremendous problems learning (let alone mastering) the playbook. The Cowboys drafted 2 linebackers last season, but only MLB Yeremiah Hutch was a success, as the Cowboys signed LOLB Jerod Mayo, who may be a better fit at ILB in the 3 - 4, to replace 2010 draftee Jorge Matra. The Boys return a strong offense and defense, although the offense has been slightly weakened by the departure of WR Terrell Owens and LT Flozell Adams' retirement. Look for them to compete in a tough NFC East division.

Starters:
QB: Tony Romo
HB: Rashard Mendenhall
FB: Dan Kreider
TE: Jermichael Finley
WR: Patrick Crayton, Jamal Chandler (Jermaine Fitzgerald #5)
OL: Frank Blalock, Pat McQuistan, Andre Gurode, Leonard Davis, James Marten

DL: Marcus Spears, Brandon Mebane, Jarvis Green
LB: Jerod Mayo, Yeremiah Hutch, Bradley Crawford, DeMarcus Ware (9 sacks in 2011)
CB: Terence Newman, Anthony Henry
S: Dashon Goldson (2011 2nd rounder Albert Champion #2), Roy Williams

K: Lawrence Tynes
P: B.J. Sander
KR/PR: Felix Jones

New York Giants
The Giants finished 12 - 4 and made it all to the Conference Round, where they were stopped by a Bucs team that would go on to win its 3rd consecutive Super Bowl. HB Brandon Jacobs saw a career-low 53 carries in 2011 (albeit for 255 yards and 2 TDs, 4.8 YPC), but will once again ascend to the #1 HB role with the departure of Ray Rice. The Giants added an interesting prospect at 30, selecting the very raw but very promising TE Reggie Fletcher, and they added solid players WR Tyrone Jamison and RT Landon Russell in the 2nd round (2 - 40 and 2 - 62, respectively). The Giants still boast a strong offense and strong defense, as there no reason for them not to repeat atop the NFC East.

Starters:
QB: Eli Manning
HB: Brandon Jacobs (2020 1st rounder Beau Bronson #4)
FB: Madison Hedgecock
TE: Dwight Bishop (Reggie Fletcher #3)
WR: Plaxico Burress, Jericho Cotchery (Tyrone Jamison #3)
OL: David Diehl, Austin Thigpen (R), Shaun O'Hara, Chris Snee, Shaun Scobee (Landon Russell #2)

DL: Justin Tuck, Marcus Tubbs, Tommie Braswell, Osi Umenyora
LB: Mathias Kiwanuka, Antonio Pierce, Terrell Suggs
CB: Aaron Ross, Ricky Coen (2009 1st rounder Braylon Bowe-Drew #4)
S: O.J. Atogwe, Tom Zbikowski

K: Mike Nugent
P: Walt Herman
KR/PR: Aaron Ross
Old 03-31-2010, 09:16 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

nice man, im in 2031 and i just drafted Jehuu Bacon to my jets team..i hired a coach which makes ur WR's speed get a + 5 boost, so bacon now has 93 speed insted of 88, and through 2 games fo me he has 75 receptions and 3 TD's..broke the single game receptions record, Jermichael Hardaway is ma QB
Old 03-31-2010, 09:28 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinNYJ29
nice man, im in 2031 and i just drafted Jehuu Bacon to my jets team..i hired a coach which makes ur WR's speed get a + 5 boost, so bacon now has 93 speed insted of 88, and through 2 games fo me he has 75 receptions and 3 TD's..broke the single game receptions record, Jermichael Hardaway is ma QB
What sort of skill does he have to get a +5 boost to speed? Also, did you mean 2013? I don't think the game goes to 2031.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:35 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
That's gotta be nice, that's Bacon's only flaw, his 88 speed.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:43 AM   #30
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
A +5 boost to speed sounds like ******. I don't recognize the name Jermichael Hardaway either.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #31
Pro

NFC North Season Preview

Chicago Bears
The Bears slipped a bit, going from 8 - 8 to 7 - 9, but still finished 2nd in the division. The team lost franchise QB Andre Woodson to free agency, and invested heavily in the position, trading for QB Jeff Garcia, the starter, and trading up to draft QB Jermaine Shazor (1 - 12) and QB Dustin Ball (3 - 76). They also traded up to add depth to a backfield where Kendrick House finally gets a shot, drafting HB Chuck Bushell at 2 - 41. The Bears have a solid offense, with speed merchants at WR and an okay offensive line led by 2nd-year LT Shawn Nelson (#15 overall in 2011), who has gobs of potential but needs to improve. Most of the defense returns, but parts of it are aging (no starting LBs under 29), and it may need to be addressed soon. Look for the Bears to finish 2nd or 3rd in the division.

Starters:
QB: Jeff Garcia (Jermaine Shazor #4, Dustin Ball #3)
RB: Kendrick House (Chuck Bushell #3)
FB: Ahmard Hall
TE: Greg Olsen
WR: Santana Moss, Devin Hester
OL: Shawn Nelson, Kili Lefotu, Olin Kreutz, Jared Atkins (R), Ryan O'Callaghan

DL: Darius Blake, Andre Fluellen, Mike Patterson, Mark Anderson (8 sacks in 2011)
LB: Hunter Hillenmeyer, Brian Urlacher, Thomas Howard
CB: Nathan Vasher, Charles Tillman
S: Mike Brown, Dawan Landry

K: Robbie Gould
P: Brandon Fields
KR/PR: Devin Hester

Detroit Lions
The Lions stumbled badly, finishing 3rd in the division with a 5 - 11 record, and used their first round selection, #5 overall, to select CB Rodney Dewberry to an already loaded cornerback corps, a not entirely wise decision. They also traded up to draft TE Covaughn Turner in the 2nd, and found themselves a franchise LT in the 3rd in Ron Boozer. The Lions have a decent offense, a strong offensive line, and a good defense (especially the cornerbacks), which means they should easily bounce back from their 5 - 11 season and compete for the top spot in the division.

Starters:
QB: Kellen Clemens
HB: Kolby Smith (2011 2nd rounder Terryll Browning #3)
FB: Jeremi Johnson
WR: Calvin Johnson, Rocky Hendricks
TE: Tim Wiley (Covaugh Turner #2)
OL: Ron Boozer (R, 3rd round), Jeff Mullinax, Hank Fraley, Ryan Richards, Alex Barron

DL: Antwan Odom, Tommie Harris Marcus Harrison, Dewayne White
LB: Justin Durant, Kirk Morrison, Ernie Sims
CB: Leigh Bodden, Jacques Reeves (2011 1st rounder Melvin McBride #4, Rodney Dewberry #5)
S: Gerald Alexander, Craig Steltz

K: Colin Henderson
P: Nick Harris
KR/PR: Covaughn Turner

Minnesota Vikings
The Vikings improved to 12 - 4, winning the division but losing to the Giants in the divisional round. Despite HB Adrian Peterson's struggles with injury, the Vikings were able to ride QB Tarvaris Jackson to another successful season, and they continue to stockpile young WRs, as they added WR Dominique Mitchell with the #27 overall pick. Look for the Vikings to win the division again, unless something unforseen occurs.

Starters:
QB: Tarvaris Jackson (2010 1st rounder Brett Cardinal #2)
HB: Adrian Peterson
FB: DeQuan Wolford (R)
WR: Sidney Rice, Darrell Jackson, (2011 2nd rounder William Benzee #3, 2011 2nd rounder Duane Wooten #4, Dominique Mitchell #5)
TE: David Thomas
OL: Bryant McKinnie, Marshall Epps (R), Ryan Kalil, Artis Hicks, Clint Dannenman

DL: Ron Payne (8 sacks in 2011), Kevin Williams, Kerry Dunn, Jared Allen (10 sacks in 2011)
LB: Cato June (2nd rounder Orlando Sykes #2), Curtis Lofton, Chad Greenway
CB: Antoine Winfield, Cedric Griffin
S: Danieal Manning, Darren Sharper

K: Donny Harris
P: Maurice Mackey
KR/PR: Aqib Talib

Green Bay Packers
Despite free-falling to 2 - 14 and the #3 overall pick last season, the Packers have a pretty bright future. Despite his struggles in his first full season (15 TDs, 23 INTs, 2559 yards, 59.8 rating, 50% completion percentage), QB Willie Idleburg has a bright future, and the Packers invested the 3rd overall pick on WR Joker Davis, who should team with WR Defazio Combs, #8 overall in 2009, to form a top duo for years to come. The Packers still have a strong backfield, although Ryan Grant had his worst season since 2007 with 995 yards and 5 TDs for a 4.4 YPC. Behind him are several talented HBs, such as 2011 #8 overall pick Desmond Duffy. Defensively, however, the Packers still struggle. Their secondary is among the worst in the league, as #1 CB Eddie Jackson is by far the worst starting CB in the league (60/60 MCV, 40/40 ZCV!), and their interior defensive line has been neglected year in and year out. The Packers have talent on the offensive side of the ball, but still need to address the defense if they want to be successful in this league.

Starters:
QB: Willie Idleburg
RB: Ryan Grant (2010 2nd rounder Tom Jones #4, 2011 1st rounder Desmond Duffy #2)
FB: Jamil Caldwell (R)
TE: Tony Gonzalez
WR: Defazio Combs, Joker Davis
OL: Haloti Solari Sean Ortmayer (R), Billy Wiggins, Shelton Brookes, Marshal Yanda

DL: Aaron Kampman (16 sacks in 09, 11 in 10, 8 in 11), Justin Harrell, Armond Kessler (R), Kameron Perryman (8 sacks in 2011)
LB: Brady Poppinga, Nick Barnett, AJ Hawk
CB: Eddie Jackson, Charles Woodson (2nd rounder Devin Beasley #5)
S: Jimmy Williams, Atari Bigby

K: Mason Crosby
P: Jon Ryan
KR/PR: Deon Barbour (R WR)

Last edited by milkman41; 04-04-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2010, 11:15 PM   #32
Pro

NFC West Season Preview

Arizona Cardinals
The Cardinals improved slightly to 7 - 9, good for 2nd in the NFC West, and used the draft to add a fantastic HB in Parrish Okung and to continue their search for a franchise QB. Both QB Brian Brohm and his successor at Louisville Drew Trumblee played well in relief of starting QB Matt Leinart next season, but the Cardinals picked up QB Andrew Turnbow, who slipped a bit, at #46 overall. Okung, who was picked 14th overall, should add a dangerous, explosive element to the running game, and should rapidly climb up the depth charts. The offense lost WR Anquan Boldin, but still has WR Larry Fitzgerald and a strong supporting cast. On defense, last year's #5 overall pick DT Marcus Mangum, possibly distraught with his lack of playing time, has apparently decided to take at least 1 year off, but the rest of the defense is fairly stout. In order for the Cardinals to reach the next level, one of their three young QBs will have to assert himself, and the defense will have to be strong. The Cardinals eventually will have to stop drafting QBs and focus on a mediocre at best offensive line...

Starters:
QB: Brian Brohm (2009 1st rounder Drew Trumblee #2, Andrew Turnbow #3)
HB: Travell Harris (Parrish Okung #3)
FB: Jon Cody (R)
WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Joe Jurevicius
TE: Jeremy Shockey
OL: Bryant Kennard, O.J. Paige, Lyle Sendlein, Deuce Lutui, Levi Brown

DL: Derrick Harvey, Darnell Dockett, Ed Johnson, Adam Disney (5 sacks as a rookie)
LB: Xavier Adibi, Gerald Hayes, Keith Bulluck
CB: OJ McClintock, Roderick Hood
S: Gary Lankster (R), Sabby Piscitelli

K: Jay Feely
P: Eric Nickerson (R) (Isn't Eric Nickerson a stud HB in one of these draft classes?)
KR/PR: DeWayne Looman

San Francisco 49ers
QB Alex Smith slipped a bit, finishing with a 83.4 QB rating and 29 TDs (compared to 3 straight seasons with at least 39 TDs), but was still strong, although his team slipped to 6 - 10. The 49ers addressed their offensive needs by signing HB Ray Rice (although the offensive line could use an upgrade at C and RT), and they used their #8 overall pick on RE Antonio Ponder, who at 6'8", 280, forms a fearsome future tandem with stud LE Lamaar Marbury (6'5", 266). The rest of the team is solid, if unspectacular (except for MLB Patrick Willis), and should contend for a playoff spot.

Starters:
QB: Alex Smith
HB: Ray Rice
FB: Darrell Matra
WR: DJ Hackett, Billy Babbitt
TE: LJ Smith
OL: Joe Staley, Langston Browne, Eric Heitmann, Jacob Cook, Anthony Clement

DL: Lamaar Marbury, Babatunde Oshinowo, Jay Richardson
LB: Manny Lawson, Patrick Willis, Napoleon Harris, Karlos Dansby
CB: Nate Clements, Duane Watts
S: Gibril Wilson, Cliff Lovelace

K: Aaron Elling
P: Andy Lee
KR/PR: Darrell Matra

St. Louis Rams
The Rams slipped to 6 - 10 last season, as their fearsome running game was a little less fearsome, and not quite enough to make much of an impact. Backup HB Brian Leonard set a career-high with 939 yards, and he and starter HB Steven Jackson combined for 432 carries for 2033 yards and 11 TDs (4.7 YPC), but it wasn't enough, as QB Marc Bulger passed for only 2226 yards, albeit with an 85.2 QB rating. The defense is strong, although they lost starting CB Brandon Flowers and starting DT Adam Carriker, who was replaced by 2nd rounder DT Ryan Garrity (2 - 42). The Rams also addressed Flowers's departure, selecting CB Bo Pierce with the 10th overall selection, a pick that may end up hurting them down the road. The Rams have a strong team, and if they can get a bit more out of their passing game, they could contend for 1st place in the NFC West.

Starters:
QB: Marc Bulger
HB: Stephen Jackson
FB: Felix Koch (R)
WR: Torry Holt, Greg Jennings
TE: Kevin Boss (2011 1st rounder Rondell Mabry #2)
OL: Colin Longacre, Jason Spitz, Johnnie Wiley, Shannon Briggs, Willie Hoke

DL: Derrick Burgess, Ryan Garrity (R), Rodney Leisle, Chris Long
LB: DeMarcus Brown, Bart Scott, Lance Briggs
CB: Tye Hill, Courtney Porter (Bo Pierce #3)
S: Clinton Hart, Kenny Phillips

K: Bo Garner (R)
P: Johnny Forst (R)
KR/PR: Greg Jennings

Seattle Seahawks
The Seattle Seahawks finished atop their division with an 8 - 8 record, and return mostly the same team, as they only added QB Drew Brees (who takes over for Matt Hasselbeck), and a pair of now starting OLBs, including former first-rounder LOLB Geno Stripling (2010, #9 overall). The Seahawks continue to stockpile front 7 talent, adding LE Terry Koch, a speed rusher, with their first selection at 2 - 32 (they traded out of the 1st round). The Seahawks still need help on the offensive line, however, and this should offset their otherwise solid cast of offensive talent. On defense, they are strong, but could stand to see a little more production out of their recent draftees.

Starters:
QB: Matt Hasselbeck
HB: Marion Barber
FB: Mickey Chambers
TE: Jason Bridges (2010 2nd rounder Broderick Thompson #3)
WR: Roydell Williams, Roydell Williams (2011 1st rounder Jaison Paysinger #3)
OL: Lee Glover, Bennie Atkins, Chris Spencer, Scott Young, Sean Locklear

DL: Antonio Stamper (Terry Koch #3), Ma'ake Kemoeatu, Cory Thacker, Elvis Dumervil (2009 1st rounder Emeka Mourning #2)
LB: Geno Stripling, Lofa Tatupu, Star Davis
CB: Marcus Trufant, Kelly Jennings
S: Brian Russell, Baron Hardaway

K: Josh Brown
P: Ryan Plackemeier
KR/PR: J.R. Wright (R CB)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »