Home

CHANGE IS HERE: A New Era in Washington (NFL Head Coach 09)

This is a discussion on CHANGE IS HERE: A New Era in Washington (NFL Head Coach 09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2010, 02:20 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: CHANGE IS HERE: A New Era in Washington (NFL Head Coach 09)

Injury Report

HB Clinton Portis (broken arm) 1-2 weeks
HB Ladell Betts (triceps strain) 1-2 weeks
TE Todd Yoder (hernia) 2-3 weeks
DT Frank Okam (broken arm) 2-3 weeks

Media Day Transcript

The following is excerpts from the media day interviews with the owner, players, coaches. This will take place before each game for the remainder of the year.

Owner Peter Ambrose: We expect to win! That's why these guys are paid so well. Coach Case has done a good job getting my guys to fit his system. It feels good to take down the reigning NFL Champs!

Quarterback Jason Campbell (on his early season success): I just feel as though each year I am getting better. I am trying to be more consistent, to not force things, to run the system. Come talk to me when I have a few more games like this, but yeah, I am happy that I played well, that the team played well.

Coach Case: This was a great team victory. We have some things to address in our pass coverage, and along the offensive line, but the team showed heart, they didn't give up, and they played strong. We are making a few changes this week. (Branden) Albert is moving over to right tackle for us for the remainder of the year, which means Pete (Kendall) will be back manning the guard spot. We are moving Reeves into the nickle spot this week to take advantage of some of the matchups, that means of course that Smoot will start. Injuries are keeping us from being who we want to be, but Omon has done well, and will get the start again. He will be the only HB on the roster this week, and we will use Grigs when needed.

Before each game I plan on posting an article from the Redskins Report, that focuses on players, coaches, or other team realted items. It will be followed up with a media day, and injury report for the upcoming week, as well as a game preview.

Week 2 vs. New Orleans

Like the Giants the Saints present problems for the aging secondary. If Washington is going to keep winning it must solve the pass coverage problem. Another issue is Reggie Bush, if he isn't contained it could spell disaster. For New Orleans defensive tackles H.Thomas, and M.Bell are out as well as LG Zach Piller.

Key to victory: Washington must establish a consistent running game to keep Drew Brees off the field, and eat the play clock, that and they must score more points than the other team!
Old 03-20-2010, 03:05 AM   #18
Rookie

I enjoy your posting style. Makes for a good read.

I look forward to seeing how you dig out of cap hell with the skins.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:11 PM   #19
Rookie

Redskins plaster Saints, but secondary has holes to fillffice:office" />
Washington D.C. (AP)- Washington surprised many critics this week on their way to a 45-20 victory over the Saints. Using a balanced attack they were able to get the lead early, and for the second week in a row scored 21 points in the fourth quarter to distance themselves from a playoff caliber team. Coach Case still warns that it is premature to think playoffs.
“This is a 16 game league, if you don’t keep doing things right, you could end up 2-14. We want to improve, and we have a long way to go in order to be where we want to be. We need to be more consistent. We need to do better in coverage. We need to get some of our guys back,” stated the coach.
Washington won in spite of giving up 324 yards in the air, though they stuffed the run game, holding the Saints to only 27 yards on 10 carries. Drew Brees was able to pick apart the defense with big days coming from Marty Booker (8 rec., 123 yards) and Devin Thomas (5 rec., 109 yards, TD).
Washington was not without its own offensive stars on Sunday however as Jason Campbell turned in another solid performance passing for 206 yards and 3 touchdowns. Xavier Omon received the game ball as he ran for 113 yards and two touchdowns, but more importantly grinded down the game clock.
“We have another challenge ahead of us,” said corner Shawn Springs, speaking of their upcoming game against Arizona. The Redskins hope they can patch up the holes, because it is very difficult to win in this league if you can’t stop the passing attack. “I promise we will do better next week,” added corner Fred Smoot.
Passing: Jason Campbell 16-20-0-206 3 TD
Rushing: Xavier Omon 27att., 113 yards, 2 TD
Jason Campbell 7 att., 39 yards
Boomer Grigsby 3 att., 12 yards
Receiving: Santana Moss 5 rec., 62 yards, 2 TD
Mike Peterson 4 rec., 69 yards, TD
A. Randle El 3 rec., 34 yards
Early Doucet 2 rec., 26 yards
Chris Cooley 1 rec., 4 yards
Xavier Omon 1 rec., 11 yards
Defense: Marcus Washington 5 tackles, 2 TFL, 2 sacks
Yeremiah Bell 5 tackles, 1 TFL, sack
L. Fletcher-Baker 5 tackles, 1 TFL, sack
H.B. Blades INT
Old 03-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #20
Rookie

FACE OF THE FRANCHISE
REDSKINS REPORT with Jack B. Nimbel

Washington D.C. (AP)- The Redskins have one major goal coming into this year, and that is establish a face of the franchise at the quarterback position. The only question here is, is Jason Campbell the long term answer. The following is the first of many of our positional reports, in which we project just what the organization might be thinking.

CAP HIT: 5.9 The Redskins are paying three players less than some teams pay thier starter, so that makes this position a value to the team.

JASON CAMPBELL: 78 OVR (86 POT)- Coming into the season there were many critics of Campbell's potential to be a long-term solution at quarterback. However, in the first two games he looks like the early season favorite for MVP. Time will tell if this is a fluke, or a result of the new offensive philosophy, but Campbell should remain until the end of his contract due to his upside, his low cap hit, and his early season performance.

TODD COLLINS: 74 OVR (78 POT)- A fair backup whose age is the most problematic thing about him. At 35 eyars old he is a savvy veteran presecence, but the new regime will likely look to add some youth to the position in the near future. He is currently making more than Campbell.

JOSH MCCOWN: 66 OVR (66 POT)- The veteran was signed to a one-year contract after the team dumped Mark Brunell's contract. At best he is a practice squad player who will fill a roster spot for this year.

As Campbell goes so goes the team, making him for now atleast, the face of the franchise. On a team with many other challenges don't expect alot of change over the next few seasons, barring injury. OVERALL GRADE: C-
Old 03-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #21
Rookie

COACH REPORT
This is an overview of quarterback coach, Jack Burns, the man responsible to groom Jason Campbell. Not very widely reguarded as a strong coach there is a good likelyhood that he will be released at the end of the season.

Special Skill: None
Chemistry: Maxed out at Level 3
Play Calling: Level 1 (max Level 2)
Strategy: Maxed out at Level 2
Performance: Maxed out at Level 1
Physical/Intagibles/Learning: All maxed out at Level 3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #22
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by justincase
REDSKINS REPORT with Jack B. Nimbel
Haha Jack B. Nimbel. Nice
Old 03-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #23
Rookie

INJURY REPORT

TE Todd Yoder (1-2 weeks, hernia)
DT Frank Okam (1-2 weeks, broken arm)

MEDIA DAY TRANSCRIPT

Xavier Omon (on the return of Clinton Portis): He is the starter. I always knew he would be back. My goal is to help the team win, I think I have proven that I deserve to get some touches.

Clinton Portis (on the success of Xavier Omon): He stepped up while I was out. Now Betts and I are back. It gives us another weapon, that is if teams are able to slow me down. I plan on doing big things this year.

Coach Case: We had another good team win last weekend. We still need to address the problems we have had with the passing game. We need to continue to be balanced. It will be good to see how we look with all of our starter healthy.

Week 3 vs. Arizona

Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, Kurt Warner, all names that Washington should worry about. After allowing back-to-back 300 yard passing games, it will be interesting to see how they respond to Arizona. Can they continue to get solid production out of Jason Campbell?

Keys to the Game: They must get more pressure on the quarterback, needing the defensive line to contribute. They also must score more points than the other team.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #24
Rookie

TIME RUNS OUT ON ARIZONA
WASHINGTON D.C. (AP)- With the seconds ticking off the clock and the Cardinals advancing down the field, it looked to be the first loss of the season for Washington. However, Strong Safety, Yeremiah Bell, stopped Larry Fitzgerald from getting out of bounds allowing the clock to run out, as the Cardinals were stopped 10 yards away from a win, or a timeout away from sending the game into overtime. In a suprising defensive bout Washington, and new head coach, Justin Case, won their third game in as mny tries 13-10 over Arizona.
"There were many defensive standouts this game," replied Case, "the Reeves interception was big, and Abiamiri stepped up with a few sacks. More importantly we did a better job in coverage in general." For the first time on the season they held the opposing quarterback to less than 300 yards, as Kurt Warner completed 16 passes on 29 attempts, through the one pick to Reeves, and ended with 215 passing yards.
Washington also returned halfbacks, Clinton Portis, and Ladell Betts to the game with mixed results. Portis has a solid return with a touchdown and 91 yards rushing. Most affected by the return was rookie Xavier Omon who on only 5 carries was able to pick up 4 yards.
There could be trouble for Washington along the injury front as starting corner Shawn Springs went down with an injury to his knee. The team expects to here his status later in the week.

Passing
Jason Campbell 8-18-0-116

Rushing
Clinton Portis 21-91 TD
Ladell Betts 8-26
Jason Campbell 1-16
Xavier Omon 5-4

Receiving
Antwaan Randle El 3-26
Chris Cooley 2-33
Early Doucet 2-24
Mike Peterson 1-33

Defense
Landry 13 tackles, 2 TFL, 2 DEF, FF
Y.Bell 8 tackles, FR
HB Blades 5 tackles, TFL, sack
Abiamiri 4 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 sacks
Reeves INT

Kicking
Suisham 2/2 FG 1/1XP

Standings (NFC East)
WSH 3-0
PHI 2-1
DAL 2-1
NYG 2-1

Last edited by justincase; 03-22-2010 at 11:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »