Home

CHANGE IS HERE: A New Era in Washington (NFL Head Coach 09)

This is a discussion on CHANGE IS HERE: A New Era in Washington (NFL Head Coach 09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2010, 09:17 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: CHANGE IS HERE: A New Era in Washington (NFL Head Coach 09)

WASHINGTON DOMINATES PITTSBURGH, 30-3
In the first game of the second half, Washington, picked up where it left off by defeating a team expected to be better. The redskins controlled this one from the start, and got good production from the new-look secondary. The team took care of some business before the game, by rewarding rookie tight end, Mike Peterson, with a 2 year/ 740k contract.
Jason Campbell also continued his overachieving ways by throwing for 3 touchdown passes, one each to Antwaan Randle El, Chris Cooley, and Kevin Robinson. This was a fortunate thing considering the running game had some difficulty establishing itself against the dominate Steeler defense.
It was the Washington defense that turned out to be more dominate in holding Pittsburgh under 50 yards rushing for the first time this season. The squad also did not give up an offensive touchdown, and dictated the final outcome.

Passing:
J. Campbell 18-22-1-272 3 TD
T.Collins 1-2-0-12

Rushing:
Portis 18-64
X.Omon 10-31
Betts 4-14
J.Campbell 1-10

Receiving:
Randle-El 5-80 TD
Cooley 4-41 TD
M.Peterson 3-47
K.Robinson 2-34 TD
Moss 2-34
Doucet 2-40
Grigsby 1-8

Defense:
Landry 9 tackles, 3 TFL
Bake 5 tackles, TFL, FF

NFC EAST Standings
WSH 8-1
NYG 6-2
PHI 5-3
DAL 5-4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #42
Rookie

PORTIS OUT FOR THE SEASON
REDSKINS REPORT with Jack B. Nimbel

A season of turmoil for Clinton Portis has ended as he was placed on Injured Reserve Wednesday with what team trainer said is a torn tricep. Portis began the season injured, struggled to maintain any consistency, was benched, only to gain back his starting role, to now be out for the year. "It is dissapointing," Portis said, "I was hoping to having a better year. Now I need to focus on getting healthy and returning to help the team next year."
The team announced that it would not resign another runningback, and instead end the season with a rotation of Xavier Omon, as the starter, and Ladell Betts. The team filled Portis' roster spot by signing DT Ed Johnson to a 1 year/ 900k contract.
Washington has the bye week to regroup and prepare for the Dallas Cowboys, the only team that has beaten them this year. Portis ends the season with 418 yards rushing on 121 attempts for a 3.5 YPC average, and 3 touchdowns.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #43
Rookie

I think this isn't necessarily the most horrible thing in the world.

I think Portis has been more of a liability than a benefit to you all season. He's been "the man in waiting" all season so far, forcing you to plan around the eventuality of him being there. now that you're sure he's not there, you can plan your offense with more stability.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:57 PM   #44
Rookie

THE IDENTITY OF THE 3-4

The team has mainitained all year that they would like to be able to control games, and dictate what the offense can do. This starts by having a talented group of line backers in the 3-4 defense, getting pressure on the quarterback. Management has yet to really address this issue, however.
It has released solid starter like Marcus Washington in the hopes that former lineman, Tony Bake can make a difference. Expect this unit to get some attention in the offseason.

Kirk Olivadotti (26)
The team is happy with his coaching thus far, as he has certainly done well with little. Head Coach, Justin Case, has said that Olivadotti will be back next year, as they continue to develop him.
Chemistry: 3 (4)
Play Calling: 1 (2)
Strategy: 2 (3)
Performance: 2
Physical: 3 (4)
Intangibles: 3 (4)
Learning: 3 (4)
Special Skills: None

OLB Danny Clark 73 (73): He was signed as a free-agent with the hopes of starting, but has lost time to rookie Tony Bake. He remains valuable in coverage, but will not be back next season.

OLB Tony Bake 73 (83): He has tremendous speed, but lacks skills in defending the pass. This year is an experiment to see if they can get some production out of this position until they can find a long term solution.

OLB Rocky McInosh 78 (83): Has shown good production despite his limited ability. He has been quick off the edge and leads the team in sacks. May well be the only long term option among the entire linebacking corp.

OLB David Vabora 67 (77): A rookie free-agent, expect him to be one and done with the team, as he has been inactive for a handful of games.

MLB London Fletcher-Baker 84 (84): The team likes his leadership, but doesn't expect him to play to the level that he once did. Due to a lack of options at the postion in the draft, he should be back manning the middle for another year.

MLB HB Blades 71 (74): Blades production outweighs his performance, and the team would like to find a stronger option here. Blades is better suited as a backup and special teams player.

INJURY REPORT
Victor Abiamiri (seperated shoulder) 1 week

MEDIA DAY TRANSCRIPT
Jason Campbell: We are looking to get revenge, if we are going to do that then we need to keep them from getting pressure on me. We need to stop Ware.

Demarcus Ware: I am going to knock Campbell out of the game!

week 10 vs Dallas
The game hinges on Washington's ability to keep the Dallas D from getting sustained pressure on Jason Campbell.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:00 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarecrow
I think this isn't necessarily the most horrible thing in the world.

I think Portis has been more of a liability than a benefit to you all season.

Yes, he has been a liability, but i keep hoping he would show up. Only time will tell how well Omon will be, but i am a bit nervous starting a rookie free agent. I might have to lean more on the passing game. If nothing else it helps me to see if i need to draft a runningback next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2010, 11:30 PM   #46
Rookie

ROMO COP
The Dallas quarterback struck again, with partner in crime, Terell Owens, leading the Cowboys to a close 37-36 victory over the Redskins. The game ended in dramatic fashion when Washington couldn't get thier field goal unit onto the field for a 25 yard attempt as time had expired.
Dallas took the lead at 0:28 left in the game when Romo hit Owens on a 51 yard touchdown pass. New corner, Ty Law, was outgunned all game, giving up 10 receptions for 201 yards and 2 touchdowns to Owens. Due to this subpar performance the team announced his release following the game. "We are simply going to give some young guys a chance to play more," explained the coach.
This was Dallas' second win over Washington on the year, and the second time it was decided by less than a touchdown. "We are dissapointed," said Jason Campbell, "we didn't hold them on defense, and it took our offense to long to get going.
It was difficult for Washington to overcome the hole they dug early in the game, down 14-0 after the first quarter, and 27-14 at halftime. Once again the team mounted a fearless comeback attempt but fell short. "It stings to lose," added Coach Case, "but to lose to the Cowboys twice is not something we had planned. This loss hurts, but maybe we can get them back when it counts, in the playoffs."
Tony Romo had the best day of the year, in a season where he is quickly gaining some traction to become MVP. He passed for 394 yards, 4 touchdowns, completing 31 of 43 passes, and throwing an interception. "I fought the Law (Ty) and I won," he sarcastically sang at the aftergame interview, "I guess thier is a new sheriff in town."

Passing:
J.Campbell 18-27-0-303 2TD

Rushing:
X.Omon 14-65 TD
Betts 12-41 2 TD
Campbell 2-20

Receiving:
Doucet 8-146 TD
K. Robinson 2-67
M.Peterson 2-38
Cooley 2-27
Moss 2-18 TD
X.Omon 1-6
Grigsby 1-1

Defense:
Y. Bell 8 tackles
Landry 6 tackles, INT
McIntosh 5 tackles, 3 TFL, sack
Okam 2 tackles, TFL, sack

NFC EAST Standings
WSH 8-2
NYG 7-3
PHI 6-4
DAL 6-4
Old 04-05-2010, 11:38 PM   #47
Rookie

SEE YOU LATER...

Sadly, this will be the last Redskins report for the year, as my family has dealt with some tragedy. Late last Tuesday, my house caught fire in a terrible accident in which I knocked over some candlesticks, while playing with my son. As a result, my family and I are moving back home to St. Louis where I will write as a beat reporter for the Obscure St.Louis Digest of Football & Fashion.
I have enjoyed this season here in Washington, and I wish that I could see this through. My replacement will be announced in the near future so please look out for him. Thank you to all my loyal fans, and best wishes to the Redskins in thier march to the playoffs.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:55 PM   #48
Rookie

REDSKINS GAIN MOMENTUM, GET WIN

It took Washington a long time to get it going, but an inteception by Laron Landry with 0:49 left in the first half gave the Redskins thier first lead and enough momentum to take them to a 32-15 victory over NFC West leading Seattle.
It looked ugly early, as Jason Campbell's first pass wsa picked off, but Seattle couldn't capitalize. The game remained scoreless until the seocnd quarter as the Seahawks added a few field goals.
The Seattle defense remained rigid, not giving up an offensive score in the first half. However, thier offense couldn't translate long drives into touchdowns, inevitably leading to a renewed Redskin offense in the forth quarter.
Matt Hasslebeck played well against a secondary that is still in transistion as he passed for 395 yards, and a touchdown. Jabar Gaffney collected 7 receptions for 104 yards, and first round selection, Rashard Mendenhall added 48 yards on the ground in a losing effort.
Washington bounced back after its losing effort last week, but the offense is ahowing signs of sputtering down the stretch. Early Doucet continues to be a great contributor, as he collected another touchdown to go with 6 receptions.

Passing:
J.Campbell 13-21-1-171 TD

Rushing:
X.Omon 14-52
Betts 10-8
J.Campbell 3-5 TD

Receiving:
Doucet 6-61 TD
Randle El 4-85
Moss 2-24
Cooley 1-1

Defense: