Home

Taking off from New York (A Jets dynasty)

This is a discussion on Taking off from New York (A Jets dynasty) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Taking off from Ney York (A Jets dynasty)

2008 Season

Wk 1 @ Miami
The Carter era got off to a great start with a 26-10 win over the Dolphins. Brady Quinn went ok in his first start for the Jets throwing for 296 yards with a TD and an INT.

Wk 2 Vs New England
A surprised Jets crowed where cheering in the streets of New York as they overcame the star studded Patriots 30-23. Brady Quinn was the star of the show throwing for over 350 yards as well as 3 scores. The only low point was his INT. The Jets defence sacked Brady 4 times while Darrelle Revis and rookie ROLB David Vobora picked last years MVP off.

Wk 3 @ San Diego
The Jets suffered their first loss of the season in a tough 17-13 game with the Chargers. Brady Quinn nearly pulled it out but was unable to do so as time ticked down.

Wk 4 Vs Arizona
The Jets slipped up again going down 23-17 against the Cardinals. Brady Quinn only managed 214 yards. Despite trailing 20-3 at the start of the 4th quarter the Cardinals rallied to 20-17 before a Neil Rackers FG helped settle the game.

Wk 5 - Bye Week

Wk 6 Vs Cincinnati
The Jets got back to winning ways with a 34-19 win over the Bengals. Brady Quinn produced his best game in green and white throwing for over 300 yards and 4 TDs while Thomas Jones also went in on the ground. The only sour point was the lack of pressure from the defence.

Wk 7 @ Oakland
The Jets continued winning this time with the Raiders on the receiving end of a 31-21 victory. Brady Quinn again threw for over 300 yards and found the endzone 3 times but this was tempered with 2 interceptions. However, the Jets defence exploded with 9 sacks in total. The standout of the defensive group was rookie LE Calais Campbell who sacked the Raiders QB 4 times.

Wk 8 Vs Kansas City
The Jets were stunned by the Chiefs in a 31-13 defeat. The problems started at QB with Quinn throwing 3 interceptions while the Jets defence could only manage 1 sack and 1 interception.

Wk 9 @ Buffalo
The Jets got back on winning ways with a 10-6 win over the Bills. Quinn was picked off once with Thomas Jones going in for a TD.

Wk 10 Vs St. Louis
The Jets narrowly missed out against the Rams as they lost 24-23. Brady Quinn threw for over 300 yards and found the endzone twice but was also picked off twice.

Wk 11 @ New England
The Jets played there worse game of the season as they slumped to a 38-7 loss to the Patriots. Brady Quinn was picked off 3 times while the defence was unable to get enough pressure on Brady.

Wk 12 @ Tennesse
The Jets continued there slide with a 23-8 loss against the Titans. Brady Quinn had a terrible game with him throwing 4 interceptions.

Wk 13 Vs Denver
The Jets slide continued to 4 losses in a row this time the Broncos inflicting a 20-7 loss. Quinn rebounded to throw 2 TDs but he also threw 2 INTs.

WK 14 @ San Francisco
The Jets halted there slide with a 44-17 victory over the 49ers. Brady Quinn stepped up and threw for over 300 yards and 3 scores while Thomas Jones had his best game of the season gaining 92 yards and going over for 2 TDs on the ground while making 3 catches for 37 yards and a TD.

Wk 15 Vs Buffalo
Brady Quinn reverted back his poor form with 3 interceptions but the Jets still managed to squeak out a 20-17 overtime win over the Bills.

Wk 16 @ Seattle
Brady Quinn continued to play poorly. He threw 4 INTs but still threw for a career high 428 yards on the way to a 36-33 loss to the Seahawks.

Wk 17 Vs Miami
The Jets ended their season on a low note with a 24-23 loss to the Dolphins. Quinn again threw 3 INTs ending the season with over 25.

Season Record 7-9

Well the season ended on a low night despite some bright points. When on song Quinn is great but he throws too many interceptions right now. As for my defence, at times it is great but right now the entire team has too many below average players. As for next season, I will keep Quinn and try and find him some receiving weapons. I am thinking about Sweetney but I dont run the ball enough and having him coming out of the backfield all the time isn't an option for the money he'll want.

On defence, Kris Jenkins spent 75% of the season injured and finished up on IR, if I can somehow eat his cap number which is a big IF he will be gone as he has a ton of cap money tied up in him.

Last edited by cabowers; 07-06-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:34 PM   #10
Rookie

Staff Firings
GM - Guy Torrent OVR 60 - OK GM but there is better.
DC - Bob Sutton OVR 20 - Very poor
STC - Kevin O'Dea OVR 4 - His name says it all, oh dear!
RBC - Jimmy Raye OVR 62 - Nearly maxed and can't get much better
WRC - Noel Mazzone OVR 32 - Very poor
OLC - Mike Devlin OVR 8 - Says it all
DBC - Jermoe Henderson OVR 4 - See above
Trainer - Ed Scott OVR 14 - I ended up having only 42 guys suited up last game of the year.

Staff Promotions
LBC Jim Herrmann promoted to defensive co-ordinator

Staff Hirings
GM - Gill Darnell OVR 55 - A GM a really like and can get really good
STC - Gary Fanning OVR 20 - Better than I had, and best of a bad bunch in hiring
RBC - Tom Rathman OVR 61 - A very good coach who will be able to step into the OC role if Schottenheimer leaves.
WRC - Chad Merriam OVR 47 - A very good coach who can max out most of his development attributes
OLC - John Matsko OVR 35 - Decent OLine coach
LBC - Don Martindale OVR 72 - Can max out developments, only 2 for performance however and did lock my MLB philosophy at prototype
DBC - Mike Haluchak OVR 25 - Best of the rest (however, if I waited I could have gotten Chipper Duncan)
Trainer - Robert Wyman OVR 99 - One of the best
Old 07-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #11
Rookie

Off Season Cuts

QB Chad Pennington was due over $11M, his penalty was $6 million so it made sense.
TE Chris Baker was due $1.83M but had a penalty of $0.28M
LOLB David Bowens salary of nearly $2M, penalty of just over 1/2M.
My GM also wanted me to cut DT Shaun Ellis but as I want to try and shop Kris Jenkins I can't take another $5M cap hit.
LOLB Bryan Thomas was due $4.81M and only had a penalty of $0.8M

Franchise Tag

No one worth it

Draft Thoughts
Well I have the 5th and 14th picks in the draft and I need help in several areas. QB may be ok with Quinn I will have to wait and see as I doubt Rambis will fall to 5 but if he does he will be taken. Also on offence I need help at RB and if Sweetney or House are available with either of my picks they will be hard to pass up. WR is another offensive position I need help at and there are 4 receivers slated to go in the 1st round. I also need help at LG but I will look at later in the draft to help me there.

I need a RE but the only one I am high on is Dalambert and he is liable to be gone. I could take a LE and move Campbell back to the right side but again I may have more pressing needs. After being priced away from Tommie Harris, I will have to take a serious look at Thaddeus Cheeks but it is a question of if he will slide to 14 as 5 is too high for him. I still need serious help at the OLB positions but no one in the draft looks good enough to be a top 15 pick. Renaldo Moon is a monster at CB and will be there at 14 but again I have serious needs in other areas. FS and SS are at least settled.

I may also look at trying to get either the Redskins or the Chiefs to bit and move up to 5 giving up both their 1st round picks as well but that may be a pipe dream.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2010, 03:44 PM   #12
Rookie

Draft Day 1

1st round, pick 5
Well Maceo Sweetney is sat at 5 with me on the clock, and I just couldn't resist as no one wanted the pick
PICK - Maceo Sweetney HB Tennessee

1st round, pick 14
Well I didn't have many good offers coming in so I decided to take a shot at improving my secondary.
PICK - Renaldo Moon CB Illinois

2nd round, pick 46
I could have moved this pick but no one was really offering me anything where I could move into a position to target some guys later on. Having seen my WR target go off the board I took some OLine help
PICK - Mike Stowers LT Michigan

3rd round, pick 78
Sent to the Seahawks in exchange for the 91st pick and a 5th and 7th next year

3rd round, pick 91
Sent to the Eagles in exchange for the 176, 181st and a 4th round pick next year

4th round, pick 110
Sent to the Browns in exchange for the 143rd and 188th picks

5th round, pick 129
I started to pick up the players I wanted at this point.
PICK - Jack Auguste WR Marshall

5th round, pick 142
Once again some WR skill
PICK - Charles Reynolds WR Navy

5th round, pick 143
I start to add some skill pass rush on defence
PICK - Daquan Tillman LE UNLV

6th round, pick 174
Some players at OLB are needed
PICK - Casey Seeley ROLB Idaho State

6th round, pick 176
Wanting to try and get rid of Jones so this guy may be moved to HB to help Sweetney pound the ball.
PICK - Mike Durfee FB Washington

6th round, pick 181
Just in case Brady Quinn doesn't work out it's good to have a backup plan
PICK - Cornell Savage QB Southern Utah

6th round, pick 188
Continuing to try and improve my passing game
PICK - Jake Cave TE Delaware State

7th round, pick 193
Help on the OLine
PICK - Wade Logan RT Morgan State

7th round, pick 197
Added depth at MLB
PICK - Quincy Bayless MLB NC Central

7th round, pick 221
I made this pick as my GM had been trying to get me to take him since the 5th round.
PICK - HB Tom Lewis Indiana

Undrafted Rookies
AJ Stratton LOLB Elon College
Tim Richardson WR UNLV
Nate Knight DT Nebraska
Trey Giddins WR Missippi State
Jarvin Warren HB Drayton

Draft Day Thoughts
Well I was quite happy with how it went, obviously I would have preferred to be able to take Dalambert instead of Sweetney but still pretty happy. Can focus on making moves towards the playoffs now and maybe use next year to grab some standout WRs but only time will tell.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #13
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Nice so far. I had Moon and he's been fantastic. Sweetney is obviously a monster.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Both first round picks are instant help. Moon is gonna be a real nice pairing with Revis.

Sucks about Jenkins. I took the Jets over once, and his contract is murderous considering he never actually plays. Hopefully you can move him somewhere.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #15
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

OVR: 11

I've never actually seen someone get Sweetney before. Hopefully he lives up to all the hype. Solid draft too. Moon is a solid CB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2010, 03:09 AM   #16
Rookie

Due to a mix up on my part I had to redo the second days draft. Because of this I did not get the QB from Souther Utah or the HB from Indiana.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »