Home

The Coaching Career of Ron Zeiglermuffin (NFL Head Coach 09)

This is a discussion on The Coaching Career of Ron Zeiglermuffin (NFL Head Coach 09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2010, 02:10 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: The Coaching Career of Ron Zeiglermuffin (NFL Head Coach 09)

Conference Championship @ Indianapolis:
QB: Manning (98)
HB: Addai (87)
FB: None
WR: Wayne (93), Gonzalez (87), Murphy (76)
TE: Clark (73)
LT: Ugoh (90)
LG: Lilja (89)
C: Saturday (91)
RG: Fabini (77) or Mayo (77)
RT: Toudouze (83)
LE: Mathis (76)
RE: Freeney (84)
DT: White (86), Demps (75)
LOLB: Kehl (74)
MLB: Brackett (83)
ROLB: Keiaho (78)
CB: Jackson (86), Hayden (84), Reeves (78)
FS: Bethea (84)
SS: Sanders (90)
K: Vinateri (85)
P: Hunter the Punter (89)

Gametime:

1st Quarter:
Uneventful quarter to be honest, a lot of trading 3 and outs.

2nd Quarter:
Much better. For them. Manning threw two TDs, as we couldn't stop the pass at all. I did get a TD, but they got a FG at the end of the half.

3rd Quarter:
I played well this quarter. Edwards threw 2 Tds and we got back in it. But they also threw a TD, but missed the XP.

4th Quarter:
We just were ravenous to say the Least. They started off with a TD, we answered back. They were out to the 50, and driving well, but Waddell comes up with his second of three picks this game, returning it for a TD. Moorman was probably the MVP of this game. We had to punt it to them with about 1 and a half minutes to go. He kicks and it stops on the 3. Briggs sacks Manning and we are able to kneel out the clock. Game over. Bills win 36-30. Advance to the Superbowl for the first time since Superbowl 28.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #42
MVP

Superbowl XLV Vs. Seattle. Note: This recap is play-by-play.

But first, a Staff Review.
HC - Zieglermuffin - 22 Ovr - I'm going to stay this season. 4 Performance, 3 playcall (I know it doesn't help), RB Intangibles 2, DLine & Oline Intangibles level 3.
Special Skills: Ambition, Running Back Discipline, Improved Ball Carrier Moves, Improved Break Tackle, Speed Training, Game Film Analysis, Gameplan Analysis

OC - Caldwell - 61 Ovr - Performance is 4, maxes at 5. Lots of room for Development, and very good at developing QBs.
Special Skills: Ambition, QB Readiness, Improved QB Reads, RB Discipline, Improved Ball Carrier Moves, Game Film Analysis, Gameplan Analysis
Verdict: Retaining

DC - Rivera - 62 Ovr - Performance is 3, maxes at 5. Very good at Intangibles and Learning, only drawback is that his Physical development maxes at 3, 3 and 2.
Special Skills: Ambition, Speed Training, Improved Block Shedding

STC - April - 99 - 3 of 3 Performance. Not the best but decent. Development is ridiculous, with everything at 5 right now except Physical Kicker Development, which goes to 5. Strategy is at 5 and Chemistry maxes at 5.
Special Skills: Kick Power Training, Kick Accuracy Training, Kick Return Discipline
Verdict:Since good STCs are hard to come by, and he is probably the best in the game, Retaining

QBC - Kiffin - 20 - 2 of 2 Performance, but everything else goes to 3 or 4.
Special Skills: Ambition, QB Readiness, Game Film Analysis
Verdict: I do like Kiffin, he is a coach that I have always liked, I don't know why, but unfortunately he isn't good enough to make the cut. Since I made the Superbowl, it is going to be hard to get someone good. Firing

RBC - Westbrook - 50 - 4 of 4 performance, which has helped me dominate this year. His "regular" stats aren't much (i.e., Strategy, PC, Chemistry), but he is good at Learning (2 of 3), better at Intangibles (3 of 4) and great at physical (4 of 5).
Special Skills: Improved Carrying (woohoo!)
Verdict:Very good, so I am Retaining

WRC - Tolbert - 99 - Amazing! The only positional coach to survive the first year. Everything maxes at 4 or 5, Performance is at 4 of 4. This guy makes me want to pass more. I just hope he doesn't leave this year.
Special Skills: None
Verdict: Retaining, promoting if for some crazy reason Caldwell leaves.

OLC - Williams - 39 - 3 of 3 performance, but not very good at developing Olinemen. He'd be better somewhere else probably.
Special Skills - Run Blocking Discipline, Speed Training
Verdict: Firing

LBC - Katcavage - 50 - Good coach, better name. Everthing goes to either 4 or 5. Performance is 4 of 5. Development sucks now, will get better.
Special Skills: Ambition, Strength Training

DLC - Spangler - 28 - Very Good. Performance is 3 of 4. PC and Strategy max at 3, but everything else goes to 4 or 5.
Verdict: Lots of potential, Retaining

DBC - Duncan - 22 - Good enough. Performance is 3 of 4. Chemistry, Intangibles and Learning max at 3, physical at 5, everything else at 4.

GM - Darnell - 57 - Everthing except Rookie Scouting DB maxes at 4 or 5. Trade Negotiation is 4 of 5, Contract is 3 of 4.
Special Skills: Accomodation, Small School Insider, Mid-Major School Insider

Trainer: Meh, he's a trainer. Might Replace because he is at 3, 4 and 4.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:02 PM   #43
MVP

Starters for Seattle:
QB - 40 year old Brad Johnson (77)
HB - Marion Barber (88)'
FB - Pro Bowl Rookie Zack Sparks (67)
WR - Pro Bowl Deion Branch (74), Brandon Williams (80), Terry Glenn (76) Engram (79, 1st on Depth Chart) Hurt.
TE - Jermichael Finley (63)
LT - Damion Mcintosh (84)
LG - Mike Wahle (82, probable), Rob Sims (77)
C - Chris Spencer (83)
RG - Chris Kemoeatu (82)
RT - Pro Bowler Sean Locklear (88)
LE - Pro Bowler Patrick Kerney (91)
RE - Rookie Jared Black (77)
DT - Brandon Mebane (85), PB Tubbs (81, out), Tripplett (70, probable)
LOLB - Leroy Hill (81)
MLB - PB Lofa Tatupu (90)
ROLB - Julian Peterson (86)
CB - Marcus Trufant (88), Kelly Jennings (82), Jordan Babineaux (77)
FS - Michael Johnson (71), Brian Russel (80, out)
SS - PB Kenny Phillips (87)
K - Matt Bryant (87)
P - Plackemeier (84)

Signed DT/RE Keith Traylor (74, 6'2", 340 lbs)
Old 12-25-2010, 06:49 PM   #44
MVP

Update: Johnson out, Seneca Wallace (63) Starting or Rookie Leonard Hutchinson (62) Starting.

And with that, we begin Superbowl XLV in Miami, Buffalo at Seattle. Fitting that it is raining.

I kickoff. Returned out to the 31. 1st down Seahawks. Barber stuffed for a 1 yard loss. Wallace Incomplete. Completion to the 50. 1st down. Barber rush for 2 yards. Barber rush for 3 yards. In-completion on 3rd and 5. 3 and out Seattle. Touchback. Holding of Buffalo.

Buf Ball: 8 Yard rush by Lynch. Rush for a loss of 1 by Lynch. Pass complete to Max Mckenzie for a gain of 31. Rush for a gain of 6. Rush for a gain of 4. First down. Rush for a gain of 11. First down. Rush for a gain of 4. Rush for a gain of 5 (Rice). Rush for a gain of 3 (Lynch) for a first down. Run for a gain of 7. Run for a gain of 8. Rush for a 2 yard gain and the score by Marshawn Lynch. 7-0 Bills.

Sea Ball: Returned out to the 24. Rush for a 1 yard gain. Incompletion. Pass complete for 29 yards. Rush for a 2 yard gain. End of the 1st quarter.

2nd Quarter:

Sea Ball: Pass complete for a 4 yard gain. Pass incomplete. 4th down. 3 and out. Out of bounds at the 23.

Buf Ball: Pass complete for a 14 yard gain. Rush for a 4 yard loss (Rice). Rush for a 2 gain (Lynch). Pass complete for a 19 yard gain. Rush for a 10 yard gain. Rush for a 2 yard gain (Rice). Rush for a 7 yard gain. Rush for a 5 yard loss (Rice). 4th down. FG attempt from the 32. Good. 10-0 Bills.

Sea Ball: Touchback. Pass complete for a 14 yard gain. Rush for a 0 yard gain. Pass incomplete. Interception by Whitner, fumbled and recovered by Simpson.

Buf Ball: Rush for a 8 yard gain (Lynch). Pass complete for 16 yards. Pass complete for a 15 yard gain. Rush for a 0 yard gain. 2 minute warning. Pass dropped by Evans. Pass complete for a 17 yard gain. Pass dropped by Evans. Pass fumbled and taken 82 yards for the score. 10-7 Bills.

Buf Ball: Kick returned to the 30. Holding. Pass incomplete. Rush for a 10 yards gain. False start Coyle. Rush for a 0 yard gain. Rush for 2 yard loss (Rice). Pass incomplete. 3 and out. Returned to the 35.

Sea Ball: Pass complete for a 7 yard gain. Rush for a 10 yard gain. Pass complete for a 20ish yard gain. End of the 1st half.

3rd quarter:

Buf Ball: Returned out to the 30. Rush for an 8 yard gain (Lynch). Rush for an 11 yard gain. Rush for a 1 yard gain. Rush for a 3 yard gain. Pass complete for a 45 yard gain. At the 2 yard line. Rush for a 3 yard loss. Rush for a 2 yard gain. Holding. Interception. Returned 85 yards for a TD. 14-10 Seahawks.

Buf Ball: Returned out to the 26. Rush for a 1 yard gain. Rush for a 8 yard gain. Rush for a 3 yard gain. First down. Rush for a 1 yard gain. Rush for a 0 yard gain (Edwards). Pass intercepted at the 38.

Sea Ball: Rush for a 4 yard gain. Pass complete for 19 yard gain. Rush for a 1 yard gain. Pass complete for a 19 yard gain. Sacked for a 2 yard loss. Pass complete for 12 yards. 1st down and end of 3rd quarter.

4th quarter:

Sea Ball: Incomplete. Interception Demario Waddell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 93 yards for the score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 17-14 Bills.

Sea Ball: Returned out to the 25. Rush for a 2 yard loss. Pass complete for a 3 yard gain. Pass knocked down. 4th down. 3 and out. Fair caught at the 32.

Buf Ball: Rush for a 3 yard gain. Rush for a 10 yard gain. 1st down. Rush for a 8 yard gain. Rush for a 6 yard gain. 1st down. Rush for a 14 yard gain. 1st down. Rush for a 4 yard gain. Fumbled by Lynch. Recovered by Holmberg for a 1 yard loss. Pass dropped by Holmberg. FG Attempt no good by Serna. Wide right.

Sea Ball: At the 30. Rush for a 1 yard loss. Pass complete for a 10 yard gain. Rush for a 7 yard gain. 1st down. Rush for a 4 yard gain. Rush for a 2 yard loss. Interception by Fields. Fumbled by Fields. Recovered by Branch. Hold by Campbell that makes it 3rd and 18 for some reason. Incompletion. 3 and out. Returned for a TD but called back. (Hold)

Buf Ball: At the 48. 3:39 left to go. Rush for a 0 yard gain. Rush for a 3 yard loss. Incompletion. 3 and out. Returned to the 35.

Sea Ball: 9 yard completion. Rush for a 5 yard gain. 2 minute warning. Pass complete to the 22. Scramble for 2 yards. Sacked for a 7 yard loss. Incompletion. 4th down. Splits the uprights. 17-17 tie.

Buf Ball: To the 27. Incomplete. Sacked for a 4 yard loss. The game feels like being stupid and call a timeout. 3rd down. Incomplete. 3 and out.

Sea Ball: To the 45. Complete for an 11 yard gain. Complete for a 11 yard gain. Rush for a 1 yard loss. Rush for a 2 yard loss. FG try from the 36. Nails it. Game over. Seattle wins it 20-17.

I could have run out the clock, but the game felt I should call a timeout when I didn't need to. Ah well, we still had a SB appearance and I am as pumped as ever to win it next year. Edwards sucked and I will be trying to find a replacement. The run game was fantastic and I will be looking to Improve it this offseason. Stay tuned for the Offseason.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:10 PM   #45
MVP

Coaching updates:
HC: Rush Blocking and Pass Blocking Discipline Purchased.
OC: Run Blocking Discipline Purchased
QBC - Paul Hackett - 30 Ovr - Has lots of potential, but Performance can only go to 3. Development is 3 (5), 4, and 3 (4).
OLC - Dave Magazu - 20 Ovr - Has lots of potential, but Performance can only go to 3. Development is 3 (5), 3 (4), and 3 (4).
Trainer - Tony Ford - 90 Ovr - Everything can go to 5. Has Off Season Rehab and Cardio Training Program.

I might keep both coaches, but we'll have to see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2010, 07:14 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 12

Tough loss in the Super Bowl...looking forward to seeing how you do in the coming year.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:39 AM   #47
MVP

New coaches:
Rams: General Sanders (48)
Raiders: Jim Westgate (42)
Dolphins: Eric Mangini (49)
Cardinals: Alan Lowry (44)

Off-season and Free Agency:

No Franchise Tags.
20.98 Mil going into Free Agency

Team Needs (According to my GM):
TE1 - I agree, but not the most important
WR2 - Might Pursue, but WR are not that important in my system
FS1 - Simpson is a Pro Bowler that plays like a 90 overall (4 FFUMB, 5 INT)
WR1 - See WR1
CB2 - The position that I will go after. McGee is gone, and we will see what happens.

Last edited by twl221; 12-26-2010 at 04:07 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:56 AM   #48
MVP

Free Agency:
Traded 150th, 4th round in 2011 for TE Daniel Graham (85/85)

Cut TE Erik Woods (70)

Signed CB Darrell Charles (80/87) to a 4 year, 14 million dollar deal, with a 2 Mil bonus. He will play at the #2 spot this year, and possibly for many more. He is a decent press corner (70/82), which I love to do, and a Solid tackler for a CB (48/58). He has a very good Physical rating at 92. He is average size and very durable.

Signed ("resigned") CB Quincy Farr to a 5 year deal worth 14 with a 2 mil bonus. I had him in my first year and was very pleased. His production is down (12) , but he is 25 and has solid potential (86). He will be my nickle back down the road. He is an even better press corner (76/86) which I love.

After the 2 CB signings, I have 13 mil left in cap, which is solid considering I don't have a first rounder.

Wants in the Draft:
MLB Travis Stockton (Ryans) - Good at pretty much everything. No real weaknesses.

QB John Scotland (Tarkenton, 85 Pot) - If I somehow wind up with him, we are going to impliment the Option this year.

FS Tyrus Barber (Dawkins) - Very good, Only downfall is learning (50), but it can likely be improved.

RE Jayshawn Boston (Freeney) - Would take over for Schobel. Not overpowering at all, but a great undersized. Also has + in Zone Coverage.

RT Jeremy Lincoln (Jansen, 94 Pot) - Definetly want. Huge at 6'6" 330, has 98 durability, Intangibles and Physical aren't great, but likely can be improved. Big note: Learning is already at 99. I don't think I've ever seen a player straight out of college with 99 learning.

WR British Snow (McCoy) - Sucks, but I want him cause of his name. (NOT)

C Lance Friberg (Mangold, 94 Pot) - Almost Identical to Lincoln, but better intangibles and a bit smaller. Also has 99 Learning.

RG Quincy Fields (Benji Olson) - Huge, same size as Lincoln. Driven and Ambitious. Very Strong. Only worry is Left Leg, which is at 65.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »