Home

Just Win Baby!

This is a discussion on Just Win Baby! within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2011, 06:43 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Just Win Baby!

Players of the Week

AFC

TE Tony Gonzalez 7 catches for 153yds 2 TDs

OLB Angelo Crowell 6 tackles, Int

NFC

HB Marion Barber 11 rushes for 69yds 3 TDs, 7 catches for 70 yds

CB Lito Sheppard 3 tackles, 3 Ints
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #42
MVP

Raider Resignings

P Shane Lechler extends his deal with the Raiders, signing a 3yr contract worth $4.9M with a $500K bonus, no incentives- This is more than Coach Joslin likes to pay a kicker, but Lechler is currently acting as both the kicker and punter for the Raiders. Coach Joslin is unsatified with rookie K Brandon Coutu and will likely release him at the end of the season.

CB Nnamdi Asomugha unhappy about being Franchised gets a long term deal. The deal is said to be a 6yr deal worth $40.6M with a $8M signing bonus.

Undrafted Rookie OLB Barry Red gets a one year extension and a little bump in his salary this year, going from making $290K this year to a 2yr deal worth $700k

OLB Sam Williams agrees to a 2yr deal worth $1.3M. Williams contract also includes incentives of $1M if Williams starts all 16 games, and $1M if he gets 50 tackles in a season.

When asked about the incentives, Coach Joslin had this to say, "I don't like incentive laden deals, it messes with the salary cap, but in this case it was a real sticking point. I wanted Sam back and while we don't see him in a starting role, if he should win the spot then the bonuses will make his pay in line with other starters around the league. If he doesn't become a starter, he isn't likely to make the incentives...so they don't hurt us."

QB Ken Dorsey has shown he can be a starter in this league, winning his first 4 games with the Raiders, and he gets rewarded with a long term deal. Dorsey signs a 5yr deal worth $34M with an $8M bonus. Pretty good for a guy on the verge of being cut by the Browns. Now that he's got the money, he's got to show he deserves it.

Undrafted rookie WR Kevin Robinson had a breakout game last week and feels like he should be getting a major pay raise. Coach Joslin agrees he deserves a raise, but they couldn't quite find a common ground on how much that should be. Robinson is reportedly seeking around $5M on a 3 year deal, while Coach Joslin feels that a deal that pays the rookie less than $1M a year is more reasonable for an unproven talent. They will undoubtedly meet again later in the season to try to work out a deal.

Backup C Alex Stepanovich agreed to extend his deal another year signing a 2yr contract worth $800K

Backups RG Chris Terry and training camp free agent rookie C John Sullivan both met with Raiders management, but couldn't come to terms on deals.

undrafted rookie free agent DE Chase Ortiz got a major payday when then the Raiders agreed to a 2yr deal woth $2.4M. That means Ortiz gets an almost $750K pay raise this season!

MLB Ricky Brown's agent called the team about working out a new deal, but his calls were not returned. Odds are good that Brown will not be resigned.

converted CB, FS Chris Johnson met with team officials but was unable to get a new deal. The Raiders would like to keep Johnson as security at the FS position, but aren't willing to break the bank on a backup.

undrafted rookie free agent WR Marcus Monk signed a 2yr deal worth $520K in effect taking a $70K pay cut to get another year added to his deal.

Last edited by kdmajoslin; 06-26-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #43
MVP

Week 5 Players of the Week

AFC

QB David Garrard 20/28 for 261yds 4 TDs, 4 rushes for 11yds

CB Terrell Thomas (R) 4 tackles, Forced Fumble, Fumble Recovery for a TD

NFC

HB Brian Westbrook 15 rushes for 59yds 2 TDs, 7 receptions for 123yds TD

CB Lito Sheppard 8 tackles, Forced Fumble, Int
Old 06-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmajoslin
Thanks! I liked something Aurabolt had talked about in one of his posts about trying to stick to known guys, and will probably try to do that instead of just reloading on rookies each year.

As far as the draft, The Raiders start out with only a few picks, so after trading most of those away getting LG Brandon Albert (especially with Al making the call) was great. He's a great player, who I typically don't get because he goes too high. As far as K Brandon Coutu goes...well he sucks, but what can you expect for a 7th rounder. Could of got Serna there, or as an undrafted rookie, but stuck to the house rules.

Kind of shocked by the guys who went undrafted that I had to pass on due to my house rules.

HB Jamaal Buckingham
HB Xavier Omon
LG David Hale
RE Eric Baker
RE Tony Bake
DT Darrell Longbottom
DT Hank Smithers
CB Jonathon Wilhite
FS Josh Barrett
K Alexis Serna

Overall pretty pleased with the flavor of this dynasty. Keep following.
Only Serna is a long term solution. The rest are 1-2 year stop gaps at best

Just call me Sanchez
Old 06-25-2011, 08:41 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
Only Serna is a long term solution. The rest are 1-2 year stop gaps at best
I agree that Serna is definitely the cream of that crop, but I've gotten long careers out of LG David Hale, RE Tony Bake, RE Eric Baker (used only as a situational pass rusher) and DT Hank Smithers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #46
MVP

I just played my game vs the Saints and I killed them. Going to do some major adjustments to my offensive and defensive sliders.

My philosophy with this one, is play the game, keep the results, tinker with the sliders and see what happens the following week. That way I won't get frustrated and quit and by the end should have a set of sliders that will provide challenge and realism (I hope)
Old 06-26-2011, 07:16 AM   #47
MVP

Week 6

Raiders (5-0) @ Saints (3-2)

1st Quarter

What is becoming something of a trend, no score in the first quarter.

2nd Quarter

The Raiders get the first score when HB Justin Fargas takes the pitch and turns the corner on a 3yd TD dash.

OAK 7 NO 0

New Orleans responds when QB Drew Brees finds a wide open WR Marques Colston for a 46yd TD.

OAK 7 NO 7

OAK QB Ken Dorsey throws the Raiders down the field and HB Justin Fargas adds his second rushing TD

OAK 14 NO 7

The Saints scramble down the field as time ticks off the clock and manage a 41yd FG by former Raider Sebastian Janikowski.

OAK 14 NO 10 at the half

3rd Quarter

The Raiders extend their lead by 3 when P Shane Lechler nails a 33yd FG

OAK 17 NO 10

The Saints have a pourous line and QB Brees is taking a beating. The Saints have to punt. Oakland Coach Joslin calls for run after run to take as much time off the clock as possible. HB Justin Fargas finishes the drive with a 7yd TD run on the counter play.

OAK 24 NO 10

4th Quarter

A punt by P Shane Lechler pins the Saints at the 3yd line. The Raiders aggressive blitzing defense turns this into points when DE Derrick Burgess tackles NO HB Marion Barber in the endzone for a Safety!

OAK 26 NO 10

The Saints turn the ball over on downs and Coach Joslin goes back to running the ball and the clock. QB Ken Dorsey puts the final nail in the coffin with a 5yd TD pass to his favorite target, WR Ronald Curry.

OAK 33 NO 10

The Saints manage to get to the 40 before facing a 4th and long. Down by 23 with 3:34 left in the game, they opt to punt. Clearly NO Coach Sean Payton feels that the game is out of reach as on the previous two possessions he had went for it on 4th downs. The Raiders get the ball back and run the ball and clock until time runs out (curiously the Saints never used their two remaining timeouts to stop the clock.)

OAK 33 NO 10 Final- Raiders Win!

Key Performers

OAK QB Ken Dorsey 22/28 for 256yds TD
NO QB Drew Brees 16/35 for 222yds TD

OAK HB Justin Fargas 31 carries for 99yds 3TDs
NO HB Marion Barber 4 rushes for -7yds

OAK WR Ronald Curry 7 catches for 91yds TD
NO WR Brandon Lloyd 9 catches for 135yds

OAK DE Derrick Burgess 6 tackles, 4 TFL, 4 sacks
OAK MLB Akin Ayodele 6 tackles, 4 TFL, 4 sacks
NO OLB Lance Briggs 13 tackles, 5 TFL, sack

Time of Possession: Oakland 39:22/20:37 New Orleans

The undefeated Raiders (5-0) host the Jets (0-5) next week, the Saints (3-3) travel to Carolina to face the Panthers (1-5)

Last edited by kdmajoslin; 06-26-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #48
MVP

Standings/ Coach/ Coach Status (after Week 6)

AFC North

Bengals 5-1, Marvin Lewis, On the Hot Seat
Browns 2-3, Romeo Crennel, Doing a Great Job
Steelers 2-3, Mike Tomlin, Doing a Great Job
Ravens 2-4, John Harbaugh, Doing OK

AFC South

Jaguars 6-0, Jack Del Rio, Doing a Great Job
Colts 4-1, Tony Dungy, Unbelievable!
Titans 3-2, Jeff Fisher, Unbelievable!
Texans 2-4, Gary Kubiak, Doing OK

AFC East

Dolphins 4-1, Tony Sparano, Doing OK
Patriots 3-2, Hal Ophamer, Unbelievable!
Bills 2-3, Dick Jauron, Doing a Great Job
Jets 0-5, Eric Mangini, Doing OK

AFC West

Raiders 5-0, Ken Joslin, On the Hot Seat (That's right, despite winning 5 in a row, I'm still on the Hot Seat! Where's the love Oakland?)
Chiefs 3-2, Herm Edwards, On the Hot Seat
Chargers 3-3, Norv Turner, Doing OK
Broncos 1-5, Mike Shanahan, Doing OK

NFC North

Lions 2-3, Rod Marinelli, On the Hot Seat
Vikings 3-3, Brad Childress, Doing OK
Packers 2-4, Mike McCarthy, Unbelievable
Bears 0-6, Lovie Smith, Doing OK

NFC South

Buccaneers 6-0, Jon Gruden, Doing a Great Job
Saints 3-3, Sean Payton, Doing OK
Falcons 3-3, Mike Smith, Doing OK
Panthers 1-5, John Fox, On the Hot Seat

NFC East

Eagles 5-1, Andy Reid, Doing OK
Giants 3-1, Tom Coughlin, Doing OK
Cowboys 2-4, Wade Phillips, Unbelievable!
Redskins 1-5, Jim Zorn, Doing OK

NFC West

Cardinals 3-3, Ken Whisenhunt, Doing OK
Seahawks 3-2, Mike Holmgren, Doing a Great Job
49ers 2-4, Mike Nolan, On the Hot Seat
Rams 2-3, Scott Linehan, On the Hot Seat

Last edited by kdmajoslin; 06-26-2011 at 08:32 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »