Home

Quote the Raven - 'Never Give Up!'

This is a discussion on Quote the Raven - 'Never Give Up!' within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2011, 06:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote the Raven - 'Never Give Up!'

So here we go again with another dynasty.

Starting with the Ravens and going for a power run, blitz mentality.

Name: DeMetrius Carter
Personality: Ally
Skills: Performance - 5
Offensive Playbook: Steelers Smashmouth
Defensive Playbook: 3-3-5 Mustang
Start Date: Off-Season

Team Philosophies next
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2011, 06:20 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Quote the Raven - 'Never Give Up!'

On all of the Coach hiring ones I put all of them on "Give up no control".
On all of the trade ones I put them on "Neutral" and Trading Philosophy on passive.
Draft: Draft Biggest Team Needs
Workouts Scouting: Scout Biggest Team Needs
Reg. Season Scouting: Team Needs Focus
Counter Offer: Cheap
Franchise Tag: Normal
GM Salary Cap: Prefers 1MIL in Cap Room
GM Re-Sign: Re-sign Based On Talent
GM RFA: Normal
GM Spending: Distribute evenly
General Negotiation: Low Ball
QB: Strong Arm/Tools
HB: Power
FB: Blocking
WR: Tall/Red Zone
TE: Playmaker TE
Guard: Balanced
Center: Balanced
Tackle: Balanced
DT: Balanced
DE: Undersized
OLB: Passrusher
MLB: Blitzer
CB: Man Coverage
FS: Prototype
SS: Coverage
K/P: Balanced
Team Building: Build Through NFL Draft
Blitz: Heavy
Pass Coverage: Man
Defensive Playbook Control: Head Coach
Defensive Scheme: 3-4 closer to the 3-3-5
Offensive Playbook Control: Offensive Co-ordinator
Offensive Scheme: Power Running
Start Rookie QB: Balanced
Start Rookie HB: Prefers to
Injury Playing Status: Aggressive

Roster Overview next
Old 12-18-2011, 06:32 AM   #3
Rookie

'Welcome everyone to Ravens Radio, I'm Arnold Velasquez and I'm sat here with Mike Mayock of NFL Network and right now we're going to look at just what the Ravens are looking at right now with a new Head Coach and some new playbooks to work with. Mike lets dive right in QB. Always an area of concern with the Ravens, how do you see Coach Carter's style fitting with what the Ravens have.'

MM: 'Well on offence, the QBs on the roster aren't great but they are servicable. Unless they pick one up in FA I don't think they'll take one at the top of the draft. Troy Smith could start but look for some kind of movement.

At RB Willis McGahee is what Coach Carter, strong and powerful, able to bull through defenders. Main problem is his injury record, I think he may get worn down too easily. I wouldnt be surprised to see Le'Ron McClain take some snaps there during training camp.

At WR, Carter likes big tall red zone threats and really they only have Demetrius Williams but he is going to have learn to catch the ball. At TE they have Todd Heap who is likely to be used as a safety blanket.

On the OLine they are set everywhere except Centre, as I have heard they are going to move Jared Gaither inside. I wouldnt be surprised to maybe see a T drafted though and looked at to replace Jonathan Ogden next year.

Over on the DLine, they've already moved Haloti Ngata to DT where I think he'll shine in this system. None of the other DE's will really do much in this system so that is definitely an area of need.

In the LB corp, Bart Scott is likely to move to LOLB and will be given the chance to start, him, Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs are likely to command that area of the field.

Chris McAlister is getting on in years but is likely to be the best corner they have, but they need to bring in some other man coverage corners.

Staying in the secondary, I think Ed Reed will be used as one of the 2 SS in the 335 meaning FS is a definite need. DaWan Landry is a useful second there as well.

When it comes to draft picks, I think the Ravens will be lookin DE in round 1, maybe a QB in round 2 with WR and Secondary help in the later rounds'
Old 12-18-2011, 07:10 AM   #4
Rookie

Franchise Tag - Terrell Suggs signed a 1 year/$8.35M deal

RFA
LG Jason Brown was given a 1st level (4th round) tender
FB Justin Green was not tendered

Free Agency
Nnamdi Asomugha signed a 5 year $41M deal with $8 in signing bonuses.

Draft Thought
The mock draft has me taking Derrick Harvey at 8 with Keith Rivers going at 9. If Rivers is there at 8 he will be hard to pass up as can then trade Suggs away and clear his franchise tag cap hit without worrying bout replacing him. If the draft doesn't play out that way then I will look to either trade down or maybe pick up Ryan Clady as a replacement for Ogden next year.

2009 NFL Draft
1st round, pick 8 - So Rivers went at 2 so I went looking for a trade. There was 1 offer which was a 5th and a 6th rounder from Denver plus Elvis Dumervil. I thought about it for a second before laughing and ignoring it.

The best player on the board was Jake Long, with the GM wanting me to draft Derrick Harvey who fitted a need but I couldn't pass up the chance to draft Long who will take over from Ogden and give me a franchise calibur LT to protect whoever my QB ends up being.
PICK - LT Jake Long Michigan

2nd round, pick 38 - The GM wanted me to go WR but having ignored by DE need in the 1st round, I needed to pick one up here.
PICK - DE Calais Campbell Miami

4th round, pick 103 - GM wanted me to go FS but I had a plan to draft a SS and move him to FS. QB was still a need but Andre Woodson had went off the board so I decided to go with my SS and convert him to FS.
PICK - SS Craig Steltz LSU

5th round, pick 136 - GM and me were on the same page here. He wanted HB as did I. He wanted Ryan Torain, I wanted Xavier Omon, I won.
PICK - HB Xavier Omon NW Missouri State

6th round, pick - I needed some WR help but no one really stood out so I took the BPA
PICK - CB Dwight Lowery San Jose State

7th round, pick 200 - Once again BPA
PICK - CB Jonathan Wilhite Auburn

UDFA
RE Eric Baker Michigan State
RE Tony Bake TCU
HB Jamaal Buckingham Bloomsburg
WR Darius Reynaud West Virginia
FS Josh Barrett Arizona State.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

No one runs the 3-3-5 like you do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #6
Rookie

DMason084's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabowers
1st round, pick 8 - So Rivers went at 2 so I went looking for a trade. There was 1 offer which was a 5th and a 6th rounder from Denver plus Elvis Dumervil. I thought about it for a second before laughing and ignoring it.
Wow I never thought my own Broncos would actually try to give up their best pass rusher just so they can trade into the top-10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »