Home

Pistol Power- The Coaching Career of Zarek Stryker

This is a discussion on Pistol Power- The Coaching Career of Zarek Stryker within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #33
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Pistol Power- The Coaching Career of Zarek Stryker

If the game against Houston was any indication, then it was exactly the wake-up call Vince needed. He had his most complete game of the year, as you will see with the next update
Old 01-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #34
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

MIRACLE IN TENNESSEE
DOMINATE SECOND HALF SPURS TITANS WIN
NASHVILLE, TN: It was a tale of two halves Sunday afternoon as the Titans squeaked out a 20-16 victory over the Texans. "We never quit. Houston dominated in the first half, but our defense held strong when they needed to and held Schaub and company to three field goals. If even one of those field goals was a touchdown, this game is drastically different."

Houston racked up 207 total yards in the first half, moving up and down the field with ease, but could never get into the endzone. In contrast, the Titans only managed 92 total yards. "When you get into the red zone you need to score touchdowns, not field goals. We couldn't push the ball into the end zone, and that hurt us. Our defense was stout and held Tennessee to just one field goal, but our offense couldn't keep up their effort." Texans head coach Gary Kubiak stated after the game.

At halftime, Tennessee had to be proud they were only down by six, and it showed. Whatever was said during the intermission resonated with the team, and they came out with a fire. The first drive went well until Young threw a pick-six, but he came right back and shook it off as Tennessee dominated the second half in all categories. The most telling stat of the game, however, was the time of possession. After nearly splitting the t.o.p. in the first half, Houston only held the ball for a mere three-and-a-half minutes in the second half as Tennessee put up 17 unanswered points, including the game-winning touchdown with :03 seconds left.

"Young played a great game today, and has solidified himself as our starting quarterback. The decisions he made all game put us in a position to win. He did make one bad choice, but he didn't let it define the game and came back from that pick to win us the game. That's the sign of a true leader."

The Titans improve to 3-0 on the season while Houston falls to 1-2. Next week, Tennessee hosts the Minnesota Vikings, who are 2-1.

Key Stats:
Vince Young: 18 of 23 for 177 yards, 2 touchdowns and 1 interception; 12 rushes for 85 yards
Desmond Clark: 5 catches for 58 yards, game-winning touchdown
Phillip Wheeler: 6 tackles, 4 tackles for a loss, 3 qb hurries, 2 deflected passes

Matt Schaub: 15 of 21 for 140 yards
Kevan Barlow: 19 rushes for 78 yards
Demeco Ryans: 15 tackles, 3 tackles for a loss, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, 5 big hits

Texans: 214 total yards (207 first half)
Titans: 322 total yards

Texans time of possession: 18:50 (15:11 in first half)
Titans time of possession: 41:09
Old 01-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #35
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

PRESS CONFERENCE
Q: Coach, your defense has been the saving grace so far this season. When do you see the offense stepping up their game?
A: Our offense has been just fine. The numbers are not gaudy, but we don't need them to be. I don't expect to have an offense that instills fear in oppossing defense. We just work on keeping them honest and respecting what we can do. That's all I ask of my guys.

Q: You were limited with your recievers, and we didn't see Justin Gage at all this game. Why was he held out?
A: Unfortunately, Gage had lacerated his hand before the game. It was a fluke accident, but the injury kept him from playing in the game.

Q: Safety Chris Hope went down in the second quarter with an injury and missed the rest of the game. Is this something to be concerned with?
A: Chris suffered a left arm injury on a tackle of Kevin Barlow that looked serious, but the x-rays came back negative. He won't miss any time, and is looking forward to getting back onto the field next week.

Q: Coach, Vince Young put together a complete game, and we didn't see Collins enter the game at all in this win. Is this a sign of you finding your starting quarterback?
A: Vince played a hell of a game, and he is still learning from Kerry as well, but he played well enough to solidify himself as our number one option.

Q: Does this mean that Vince will be the starter next week against the Vikings?
A: As of this moment he's at the forefront. There's no doubt about that. But it will all depend on practice this week. I wouldn't be surprised if Vince starts next week again.

Q: You're keeping up this quarterback controversy every week. Is there a reason behind it?
A: It's not a controversy, as I said last week. If anything, the only thing it is is me using the best players I have. None of the quarterbacks on the roster are my players. Hell, most of this roster is from the previous regiment. I will use whoever is better prepared for that weeks game, regardless of who they are. Even if that means I use rookie Joel Drendy.

Q: In the first half, your team could get nothing going on offense. How did that change?
A: I would say we just stuck to the gameplan, but that's not true. In all honesty, everything fell on the shoulders of Vince Young. He took it upon himself to bring us back into the game. His decision making, his throws, his legs, he used everything at his disposal to bring us back. Add in timely runs by Buckingham and Rice, and we controlled the tempo in the second half.

Q: By completely controlling the clock?
A: *laughs* That wasn't what we had planned, but it worked out well. You don't gameplan to dominate time of possession like that, but you do want to control the ball longer than your opponent. Still, holding them to barely over three-and-a-half minutes of possession in a half is never done.

Q: Your boys must have been tired during the second half.
A: They were. As you may have noticed, we had some unusual formations during the second half, and some players at extremely unusual positions. But it all worked out.

Q: Next week the Vikings come to town. How do you plan on stopping Adrian Peterson?
A: Peterson is a once-in-a-lifetime player, and a challenge to stop. Our linebackers will need to be ready to stop the run on every play, and we'll have to stack the box.

Q: What about Jackson and the recieving corps?
A: If they can beat us, then they will beat us. But we cannot allow Peterson to beat us. That much is certain. We know what he can do. But the rest of the offense is still uncertain.

Q: So you're saying you don't respect the passing offense of the Vikings?
A: I said nothing like that. Jackson is still learning at the NFL level, and has yet to really take off as a quarterback. He has the legs to extend plays, and the arm strength to make the throws, but he doesn't have the experience yet. His recieving corps isn't the best, but they are capable. However, everyone knows what Peterson brings to the table, and we cannot allow him to beat us.

Next week the Tennessee Titans (3-0) take on the Minnesota Vikings (2-1) in what should be a battle of defenses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #36
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

Alright, making a change to the format of this dynasty. I will only be doing a press conference after every quarter of the season (so every four games starting after the eigth game of the season) and having having a weekly matchup segment before each game. I will also start posting more detailed stat boxes.

The main reason for these changes is that I am all caught up with the data I had saved from before my move. That means the next few games will be played before I post up the data, so I can get all the data for those matchups and present it in a nicer way. Hopefully the new look will work better and be presented in a nicer look.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #37
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

I hear you, it's hard when you have a lot of info, but not a lot of time to get it together the way you want. Fun read, good luck vs Minnesota. Be fun to see you deal with a similar QB to Young, esp if they upgraded at receiver at all.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #38
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

BIG GAME BY YOUNG SPARKS TITANS VICTORY
STRYKER IN THE CATBIRD SEAT WITH TENNESSEE

NASHVILLE, TN: The Tennessee Titans continued to dominate at home, winning their third game at home and fourth overall to start the season. "We went into the game knowing that the Vikings were thin at cornerback, and we attacked through the air. Vince was spectacular, making the throws we expected of him all season and solidified himself as our number one guy."

Minnesota Vikings at Tennessee Titans
Sep 28, 20081ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Minnesota Vikings (2-2-0)0103619
Tennessee Titans (4-0-0)7714735
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGMINTEN
(TEN) TD TEN: D. Clark, 9 yd pass from V. Young (Bironas kick)07
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGMINTEN
(MIN) TD MIN: D. Jackson, 15 Yd pass from T. Jackson (R.Longwell kick)77
(MIN) FG MIN: R. Longwell, 21 Yd FG107
(TEN) TD TEN: B. Jones, 5 Yd pass from V. Young (R. Bironas kick)1014
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGMINTEN
(TEN) TD TEN: J. Gage, 31 Yd pass from V. Young (R. Bironas kick)1021
(MIN) FG MIN: R. Longwell, 21 Yd FG1321
(TEN) TD TEN: D. Jackson, returned kickoff 91 Yds (R. Bironas kick)1328
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGMINTEN
(MIN) TD MIN: C. Taylor, 8 Yd pass from T. Jackson (2-PT failed)1928
(TEN) TD TEN: R. Rice, 7 Yd run (R. Bironas kick)1935
Minnesota Vikings
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Tarvaris Jackson19/3134320
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Adrian Peterson20934.60
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Sidney Rice7133190
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
E.J. Henderson12000
Jared Allen2100
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Ryan Longwell2/21/1721
Tennessee Titans
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Vince Young22/3034030
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Ray Rice19462.41
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Desmond Clark8104131
Justin Gage511122.21
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Keith Bulluck13200
Courtland Finnegan6000
Antwan Odom4200
Kyle Vanden Bosch3100
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
DeSean Jackson2112561
Courtland Finnegan5428.40
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
DeSean Jackson2199.50
Old 01-25-2013, 12:27 AM   #39
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

Nice! T-Jax looks like he had a good day imitating Young. Of course, if a team has to focus on stopping AP, some guys are going to get open now and then. Nice you were able to clamp down and get the win!

Also, liking the boxscores I see more and more of...have to give it a try. Might wait till the Cards offseason, or when I start a second franchise. (thinking of adding a second to give me some variety week to week.)

Last edited by Aurabolt127; 01-25-2013 at 01:08 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #40
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

Yeah, he gave me fits throwing the ball. It seemed like my corners couldn't keep up with his recievers. Most of the completitions were for big gains. But the d-line did a good job of disrupting his passes and stopping him from running at least, and we held Peterson to under 100 yards, which was my main goal.

I like the box score. I've been meaning to start using it, and I'm glad I found the generators to allow me to. It puts everything into a neater package. I'm also planning on starting with a matchup analysis before each game.

On another note, are there any teams anyone wants to know about during this career? I'll update on them as well, though not as in depth as my Titans.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »